Storming The Field

Vic Mackey

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I remember when this was done for huge upsets. Now days, it happens quite often every single week. Was it really necessary having Baylor rush the field today against OU? They were ranked real close together. 

Maybe you're not familiar with Baylor's overall record vs OU. 

Edited by El Diablo

28 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I remember when this was done for huge upsets. Now days, it happens quite often every single week. Was it really necessary having Baylor rush the field today against OU? They were ranked real close together. 

I think it happened 3 or 4 times against our 4-7 1997 team.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

If a kid ever gets trampled to death, then the lawsuits will cause schools to curb it. Until then, have fun and be careful. It’s college. 

They'll get fined by the conference.  Think Arkansas got 250k fine for rushing vs. Texas.

Just now, taybo20 said:

Sounds like someone has never actually rushed the field and enjoyed the moment. It’s pretty fucking great. The last time I did it was at the iron bowl in 2019. When was the last time it happened at DKR?

Well unless you count the great Missouri Rain Delay rush of 1996 I'm gonna guess 1990 "somebody get that idiot off the goalposts" rush post Houston victory.  

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Sounds like someone has never actually rushed the field and enjoyed the moment. It’s pretty fucking great. The last time I did it was at the iron bowl in 2019. When was the last time it happened at DKR?

I'm not discussing the experience of it. But it loses its appeal if you do it for any kind of win. I'm sure it would be cool to do it in my teens and 20s. 

53 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I don't know when it ended but back in the 80s at DKR when the clock hit 0:00 thousands of kids would come racing onto the field.  The players left and you could walk around on the field.  Wish I had the presence of mind to take a photo or two.  

Now, tearing down goalposts is dangerous and stupid.  Big difference.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Well unless you count the great Missouri Rain Delay rush of 1996 I'm gonna guess 1990 "somebody get that idiot off the goalposts" rush post Houston victory.  

Was there. Stormed the field. Was awesome... I don't even know why.

7 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I don't know when it ended but back in the 80s at DKR when the clock hit 0:00 thousands of kids would come racing onto the field.  The players left and you could walk around on the field.  Wish I had the presence of mind to take a photo or two.  

Now, tearing down goalposts is dangerous and stupid.  Big difference.

Helped having turf back then, no real threat to damaging the field. 

46 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I'm not discussing the experience of it. But it loses its appeal if you do it for any kind of win. I'm sure it would be cool to do it in my teens and 20s. 

I guess I don’t understand why you care then. It’s literally the young people doing it and they don’t care about the appeal. It’s all about the moment for them…I mean they need TikTok content

4 hours ago, bullet said:

I think it happened 3 or 4 times against our 4-7 1997 team.

It happened four times but Baylor tore down both of their goal posts so we had four wins and five goal posts torn down against us that year.

Between that and rout 66, I had a hell of a senior year.

Also the way we're playing we might tear them down if we can hold on to a second half lead against the jayhawks tonight.

33 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Have fun beating Kansas… oops, nvm 

Listen guy, there’s no denying that we suck. But who’s kidding who, Baylor will always be the Wake Forest of the Big 12, just a forgotten school. You’re lucky you’re even allowed to play sports, much less be an accredited university after the numerous felonies your administration pulled covering up systemic rape for years. Have fun playing Houston every year. 

1 minute ago, Theo Aquacates said:

Listen guy, there’s no denying that we suck. But who’s kidding who, Baylor will always be the Wake Forest of the Big 12, just a forgotten school. You’re lucky you’re even allowed to play sports, much less be an accredited university after the numerous felonies your administration pulled covering up systemic rape for years. Have fun playing Houston every year. 

Listen newbie, go fuck yourself.  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Theo Aquacates said:

You guys just stormed the field after beating a shitty OU team. Your program is irrelevant and always will be. Know your place, kid. 

More 10 win seasons and conference titles than you have in the last decade.   National title in MBB.   Bet you’d trade a lot of money for that.   But you did the opposite.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

More 10 win seasons and conference titles than you have in the last decade.   National title in MBB.   Bet you’d trade a lot of money for that.   But you did the opposite.  

😂😂😂😂 and this is your best decade ever. Again, the Wake Forest of the Big 12. You’ll never win shit in football. Congrats on the basketball championship, though. You’ll always be the cult cousin just north of us. Everything about Baylor is shitty. The education, shit. The athletics, shit. Waco, shit hole. 

6 hours ago, Theo Aquacates said:

😂😂😂😂 and this is your best decade ever. Again, the Wake Forest of the Big 12. You’ll never win shit in football. Congrats on the basketball championship, though. You’ll always be the cult cousin just north of us. Everything about Baylor is shitty. The education, shit. The athletics, shit. Waco, shit hole. 

And you'll be the Nebraska of the SEC

18 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Considering it had been 7 years - basically eternity - since we had played for a national champi…oh, wait….  Fuck it.