• Replies 73.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

How fitting was it then exactly when ESPN switched to their Gameday feed this morning the ags were singing about "varsity's horns" as loudly as they could?

Yesterday, some of the ags were on social media encouraging as many students as possible to get out to Gameday to "make tu jealous."

Count the number of Texas signs in the crowd on Gameday.

And they wonder why they have no rivalry games with teams in their conference.

Edited by Randolph Duke

The next few years of college football is going to be fascinating. The experiments with conference networks has failed to deliver hoped for revenues and, as 2023 approaches, winds of change will blow harder and harder. When the B12 GOR expires, it will set off  a shockwave, as both the Texas and OU media rights are up for grabs. Del Conte stated that one big reason he switched from TCU to Texas was because he wanted to be in the middle of shaping the new era of college football. Managing the UT media rights puts him right there.

Second-tier schools, such as aggy, TCU, Tech, Baylor, Rutgers, Ariz State, Okie Lite, etc, have until about 2022 to show where they deserve to be when things settle down. I suspect Scott Woodward realizes all this, and that was drove aggy's aggressive move to try to get a decent football team for the first time in a quarter-century. But their not playing Texas is a huge mistake, as that game is their best option at gaining a larger media presence.

ESPN put up a graphic this morning showing aggy is riding a 19 game losing streak against teams that finished the season in the top-20. 0-9 at home, 0-10 on the road. The ags lack self awareness to the point they believe their program to be one of the most storied in college football. I think Woodward get the reality, but most of the alumni are oblivious to what is about to happen.

Unless Jimbo at A&M starts dominating the SEC West, aggy needs the UT game to help position their program during realignment. Del Conte will feel heat from some members of the legislature to take care of little brother (yet again) when things start happening, but I think there is little appetite in Austin to let the interests of UT to be attached to those of A&M moving forward.

The next few years of college football is going to be fascinating. The experiments with conference networks has failed to deliver hoped for revenues and, as 2023 approaches, winds of change will blow harder and harder. When the B12 GOR expires, it will set off  a shockwave, as both the Texas and OU media rights are up for grabs. Del Conte stated that one big reason he switched from TCU to Texas was because he wanted to be in the middle of shaping the new era of college football. Managing the UT media rights puts him right there.
Second-tier schools, such as aggy, TCU, Tech, Baylor, Rutgers, Ariz State, Okie Lite, etc, have until about 2022 to show where they deserve to be when things settle down. I suspect Scott Woodward realizes all this, and that was drove aggy's aggressive move to try to get a decent football team for the first time in a quarter-century. But their not playing Texas is a huge mistake, as that game is their best option at gaining a larger media presence.
ESPN put up a graphic this morning showing aggy is riding a 19 game losing streak against teams that finished the season in the top-20. 0-9 at home, 0-10 on the road. The ags lack self awareness to the point they believe their program to be one of the most storied in college football. I think Woodward get the reality, but most of the alumni are oblivious to what is about to happen.
Unless Jimbo at A&M starts dominating the SEC West, aggy needs the UT game to help position their program during realignment. Del Conte will feel heat from some members of the legislature to take care of little brother (yet again) when things start happening, but I think there is little appetite in Austin to let the interests of UT to be attached to those of A&M moving forward.

If it’s based on commitment and results, OKST has earned its spot at the table. If it’s tv markets and helmets and joneses bullshit, we’re in trouble. I’m sure the most logical result based on commitment and results won’t be what happens.

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Cover? If Clemson doesn’t win by quite a bit more than 12 points, I’m going to be extremely disappointed.

Prepare to be disappointed. Clemson doesn’t need to make a statement here, they just need to win by a touchdown plus, and leave healthy.

With the impending rain I could see it being a slow bleed out maintaning control but allowing a late score when the game isn’t in doubt to make it appear closer than it was. This is Aggy Super Bowl and just a business trip for Clemson.

Prepare to be disappointed. Clemson doesn’t need to make a statement here, they just need to win by a touchdown plus, and leave healthy.
With the impending rain I could see it being a slow bleed out maintaning control but allowing a late score when the game isn’t in doubt to make it appear closer than it was. This is Aggy Super Bowl and just a business trip for Clemson.

5d027abbf1c38e3cbc8b4a41f908df9e.jpg

ee02590d30563914ceef4d5acfed00de.jpg

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

UT/OU/OSU to SEC, kick aggy out to make room.   Fort Bend county gets washed into the gulf as a result of aggy tears flooding the Brazos. 

3 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

UT/OU/OSU to SEC, kick aggy out to make room.   Fort Bend county gets washed into the gulf as a result of aggy tears flooding the Brazos. 

My guess is that schools will not be in the same conference for football as they are for basketball, baseball, or the other sports. I can see smaller conferences of 8 teams, so there are 7 conference games and a number of OOC games, and a reduction of regular season games, with expanded playoffs.

The money is in maintaining the big rivalry games, setting up big ooc matchups that don't affect a team's chances to win their conference and get into an expanded playoff format. I think all involved will push for more money. A lot of conference games just don't generate revenue. Sacrifice those for an expanded playoff. That's my guess.

13 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

My guess is that schools will not be in the same conference for football as they are for basketball, baseball, or the other sports. I can see smaller conferences of 8 teams, so there are 7 conference games and a number of OOC games, and a reduction of regular season games, with expanded playoffs.

The money is in maintaining the big rivalry games, setting up big ooc matchups that don't affect a team's chances to win their conference and get into an expanded playoff format. I think all involved will push for more money. A lot of conference games just don't generate revenue. Sacrifice those for an expanded playoff. That's my guess.

You mean actually make college football as fun as it can be? They'll never do it.

21 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

That was fucking amazing game. Ricky kept knocking their players out of the game as he ran over them. I think he knocked 3 or 4 players out of the game. Was there with an MSU friend of mine and enjoyed the hell out of it since he grew up an aggy (loving Jackie and RC) and ended up going to school at MSU.

Ricky should have sat that game out, it was a meaningless bowl game and he could have hurt his NFL career by getting injured

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Why? 

Clemson will do the bare minimum to get out of there with a win. No sense leaving high value players in there to slip and slide around and tweak a hamstring while ahead three touchdowns. 

Before the forecast was Biblical rain, I said Clemson would win 38-34. It's hard to imagine a shootout in a downpour, but I still think A&M covers. They're not devoid of talent and they'll shoot their 2018 wad tonight while Clemson will be eager to just get back on the plane and get out of there.

27 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Clemson will do the bare minimum to get out of there with a win. No sense leaving high value players in there to slip and slide around and tweak a hamstring while ahead three touchdowns. 

Before the forecast was Biblical rain, I said Clemson would win 38-34. It's hard to imagine a shootout in a downpour, but I still think A&M covers. They're not devoid of talent and they'll shoot their 2018 wad tonight while Clemson will be eager to just get back on the plane and get out of there.

Well, it's raining hard in CS now....field could be pretty messy by game time.  Advantage......?

53 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

We'll see. The ptsd on the Surl has sapped a bit of my confidence in this game, but aggy really shouldn't be close. They don't have the depth, and Clemson is comfortable going two and even three deep at most positions, without expecting a drop off. The only real concern is CB depth and the FS who can be a liability in coverage. 

I'm not sure what to think about the rain. I originally thought it hurt Clemson, because the WR are easily the second best position unit on the team, but Bryant can run and the defense is loaded. 

44 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Lol they have always shoved mics in anyone from the outside face asking questions so intense they answer it to tickle their ears.

”Reece don’t deny jumbo has all the resources to win it all, cmon just admit it”.

brent, chin pubes and Ben baby will be spinning this loss tonight and I can’t wait.