• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

The Corps at aggy is NOT military, except for those trained through their ROTC program (kind of separate). The rest are all just uniform wearing COS playing/Boy Scouts from 18-22, not to diminish those that actually participated in the Boy Scouts program. aggy just plays military without real guns that go boom!

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Over 100 years?

Try over 129 years.

And the "Liberty Bell" was to help sell U.S government debt in or about 1947. There were given to each state and several more were made available. The state of Texas was more about the Texas state independence. 

liberty bell save for independence copy.jpg

Alas, thank God...the return of The Duke...

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

The Corps at aggy is NOT military, except for those trained through their ROTC program (kind of separate). The rest are all just uniform wearing COS playing/Boy Scouts from 18-22, not to diminish those that actually participated in the Boy Scouts program. aggy just plays military without real guns that go boom!

Hook’em!!!

Don't insult the Boy Scouts. unlike aggy cadets, way more kids that were in the BSA actually serve/served our country. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, txhorns said:

Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls also has a replica of the Liberty Bell displayed on campus.  aggy’s is nothing special.

C'mon man!  It's almost like you haven't heard about what Patton said about going to war with MSU Mustangs vs. West Point cadets.   That replica liberty bell is only given to the most dyed in the wool military schools. 

• Haha 1

Serious question for those of you have family members/friends with kids at A&M.  How do the real ROTC students in the Corps handle that kinda time management?  I mean, ROTC is a serious commitment, and you're required to carry a more robust courseload.  How do they do that and still dick around with the Corps of Cadets bullshit?  

And then, what do the ROTC students in the Corps think of the ones who aren't in ROTC, which is the vast majority of them?  

"We're gonna go play spin the jizz jar and run and click our boot heels!"

"Okay, cool.  I've got rifle range for 90 minutes.  Y'all have fun."  

that has got to be such a weird dynamic.  

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Serious question for those of you have family members/friends with kids at A&M.  How do the real ROTC students in the Corps handle that kinda time management?  I mean, ROTC is a serious commitment, and you're required to carry a more robust courseload.  How do they do that and still dick around with the Corps of Cadets bullshit?  

And then, what do the ROTC students in the Corps think of the ones who aren't in ROTC, which is the vast majority of them?  

My experience is that the ROTC members are full-on Corps.  When they go and do their summer commitments with the active service, they don't have a clue how to wear the proper applicable military uniform and are relatively clueless on a lot of the specifics about their chosen service branch.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

I have a brother-in-law who went to A&M but wasn't in the corps. According to him, to the average student at A&M, the corps are embarassing dorks, and the band is even cringier. He once had a band member go off on him because he called it the "fight song" and they got all red in the face about how aggy doesn't have a fight song, they have a "waaaaar hymn" like a bunch of fucking mongs.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

I do not have direct answers to the questions you asked, but I have known several people who were in the corps at A&M. Of those people, only one actually joined the military after college. That one was in the corps one year, transferred to UT to get a nursing degree (and was in ROTC here), then went into the Navy as an officer. She was in some of those ridiculous corps hazing pics that were on shaggy back in the day.

I have never asked her, but I am sure she could not believe what an absolute bunch of morons the people in the corps/at A&M were. Neither of her parents are from Texas, and she was the first child in her family who went to college. I think she just had no idea what she was in for when she went there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I do not have direct answers to the questions you asked, but I have known several people who were in the corps at A&M. Of those people, only one actually joined the military after college. That one was in the corps one year, transferred to UT to get a nursing degree (and was in ROTC here), then went into the Navy as an officer. She was in some of those ridiculous corps hazing pics that were on shaggy back in the day.

I have never asked her, but I am sure she could not believe what an absolute bunch of morons the people in the corps/at A&M were. Neither of her parents are from Texas, and she was the first child in her family who went to college. I think she just had no idea what she was in for when she went there.

This woman corps friend of yours, is she very flatulent? I always imagined corps girls were the kind of girls who farted a lot.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

My experience is that the ROTC members are full-on Corps.  When they go and do their summer commitments with the active service, they don't have a clue how to wear the proper applicable military uniform and are relatively clueless on a lot of the specifics about their chosen service branch.

Yep, and I can tell you how the UT ROTC programs, academy grads, and other active duty military folks view the Corps turds --- pretty much the way we do here on this board.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

This woman corps friend of yours, is she very flatulent? I always imagined corps girls were the kind of girls who farted a lot.

Not to my knowledge. She was a cute girl/is an attractive woman and has always been slender and healthy.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I have a brother-in-law who went to A&M but wasn't in the corps. According to him, to the average student at A&M, the corps are embarassing dorks, and the band is even cringier. He once had a band member go off on him because he called it the "fight song" and they got all red in the face about how aggy doesn't have a fight song, they have a "waaaaar hymn" like a bunch of fucking mongs.

There are a good number of non-Corps members there that would have the same reaction.

Weirdos.

4 hours ago, YGIFS said:

One of my favorite nephews just got out of the Army after serving his 4-year commission from aggy ROTC. He was somehow high up in the corps leadership also. But he’s level-headed and not all about aggy. A 2%er, if you will. He doesn’t even wear the aggy ring. 
I razz him about aggy from time to time, but not too hard because he’s actually a wonderful guy and able to rationally talk about the idiocy that is Bilbo, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

There are a good number of non-Corps members there that would have the same reaction.

Weirdos.

From the outside looking in, I don't understand how a fight vs a war and a song vs a hymn are really that different in context of background music to a an aggy beatdown. From the inside looking out, they can't explain the difference, either.

15 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

They do the same thing with their ex-students association. They call it the Association of Former Students because they say once an aggy always an aggy like there is some magical difference between former students and ex-students

Is that why they call so many of our fans "t-shirt fans?" Confusion over the concept of "Texas exes?"

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

They do the same thing with their ex-students association. They call it the Association of Former Students because they say once an aggy always an aggy like there is some magical difference between former students and ex-students

You don't have to graduate from UT to be a member of the Texas Exes.

Edited by Deej

14 minutes ago, Deej said:

You don't have to graduate from UT to be a member of the Texas Exes.

That's true.  My wife is a K-State grad and has a Lifetime Membership.  And little known fact, so does John Wayne.  Though we were never legally married.  

Somebody, I think that guy who is like the UT historian who worked at Exes for a long time.  He explained that Wayne was in Texas filming and there some Exes in the crew and he liked the association name so they gave him an honorary membership. And they spawned the idea of non alums getting memberships.  Which makes sense because most Longhorns don’t marry other Longhorns so the spousal membership and non alum life membership were born.  This was 1950s I think.  I am sure I am not remembering the details right but Wayne for sure had one.  I look up the number whenever we show folks around campus.  

• Like 1