Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Starting to think playing QB for A&M isn't a good quality of life decision.  They've lost what 3 QBs to season ending injuries in less than a years time?

Haven’t had a healthy QB start and finish the season since… Mond?

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

9 minutes ago, Fud said:

The A&M thread on IT is full of posters who believe Johnson is better than Weigman

As everyone knows, the backup is so much better than the starter, that's why he wasn't awarded the job.  Super 8D chess by coaches to keep the better player off the field until there's an emergency. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Starting to think playing QB for A&M isn't a good quality of life decision.  They've lost what 3 QBs to season ending injuries in less than a years time?

Going back to the early 2000s, I can really only think of 3 starting qbs they had that actually finished their career as a starter without getting benched, hurt, or transferring (Tannehill, Johnny, and Mond). I’m sure I’m missing a couple. So many savior QBs have come in with a bang and faded out with a whisper. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Johnson on this aggie team will likely lose to every team that has a qb better than him. He's just not gonna be able to take over and make up for secondary/OLine deficiencies. 

Remaining games and QBs

Arky- Jefferson > Max

Bama- Milroe with open offense > Max 

Tenn- Milton = Max until he proves different 

Scar- Rattler > Max

Ole Miss- Dart > Max

Miss State - Rogers > Max but Miss is a mess

ACU- lol 

Lsu- Daniel's >> Max 

They could go 5-7 in a blink. But 7-5/8-4 is most likely with the way things usually go for them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Johnson on this aggie team will likely lose to every team that has a qb better than him. He's just not gonna be able to take over and make up for secondary/OLine deficiencies. 

Remaining games and QBs

Arky- Jefferson > Max

Scar- Rattler > Max

Ole Miss- Dart > Max

ACU- lol 

Lsu- Daniel's >> Max 

They could go 5-7 in a blink. But 7-5/8-4 is most likely with the way things usually go for them. 

it puts more pressure on their defense, which is never good.

37 minutes ago, The Dog said:

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases--conditions/talus-fractures

if it is indeed a talus fracture that looks painful.

And they had him hobbling from the field to the locker room - on TV no less - without assistance or crutches.  Just hobbling like a lame horse.  That's probably not a recommended course of action for a talus fracture.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Basil said:

And they had him hobbling from the field to the locker room - on TV no less - without assistance or crutches.  Just hobbling like a lame horse.  That's probably not a recommended course of action for a talus fracture.

Would be classic A&M if the hobbling is when it actually fractured due to the uneven movement. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/26/2023 at 9:14 AM, jimmyjazz said:

I see a lot of Austin kids going to SEC schools.  'bama and Ole Miss seem to be the most popular, followed by Arkansas and Georgia.

Ton of students came up to me in Tuscaloosa and said they were Westlake or LT kids that grew up so close to UT that they felt like they just needed to get away for college

• Hook 'Em 5

30 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Remaining games and QBs

Arky- Jefferson > Max

Scar- Rattler > Max

Ole Miss- Dart > Max

ACU- lol 

Lsu- Daniel's >> Max 

Jimbo's a&m has won exactly 3 true road games (not counting 2020) @SCAR '18, @Ole Miss '19, & @Mizzou '21. The only neutral site game that you may be able to add would be vs. CO in '21 in a game that was played in Denver. So, assuming they don't win  @Tenn. & Bama beats them like they should if Milroe is playing, that puts them at 3-3 with the Arky game being the difference between 3-4 or 4-3. What's going to be really interesting to watch is what happens if/when they go into their bye week on a 2 or maybe 3 game losing streak. How many of the NFL draft prospects (I'm just assuming they have 2-3) are coming back after the bye if they have to win out just to go to a bowl game? How many people are going to sit out to avoid injuries & transfer after the season? How many are going to be smoking pot in the locker room or playing tokyo drift in parking garages? If they can manage to win 2 of the next 3 then maybe they can keep it together but that seems really unlikely right now & 0-3 seems as likely as 1-2. To me the Arky game is the difference between 4-8/5-7 or 7-5 because of how much quit that team is going to have if they lose it & the odds that they lose one they shouldn't as guys quit on the season. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hook me said:

Jimbo's a&m has won exactly 3 true road games (not counting 2020) @SCAR '18, @Ole Miss '19, & @Mizzou '21. The only neutral site game that you may be able to add would be vs. CO in '21 in a game that was played in Denver. So, assuming they don't win  @Tenn. & Bama beats them like they should if Milroe is playing, that puts them at 3-3 with the Arky game being the difference between 3-4 or 4-3. What's going to be really interesting to watch is what happens if/when they go into their bye week on a 2 or maybe 3 game losing streak. How many of the NFL draft prospects (I'm just assuming they have 2-3) are coming back after the bye if they have to win out just to go to a bowl game? How many people are going to sit out to avoid injuries & transfer after the season? How many are going to be smoking pot in the locker room or playing tokyo drift in parking garages? If they can manage to win 2 of the next 3 then maybe they can keep it together but that seems really unlikely right now & 0-3 seems as likely as 1-2. To me the Arky game is the difference between 4-8/5-7 or 7-5 because of how much quit that team is going to have if they lose it & the odds that they lose one they shouldn't as guys quit on the season. 

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

aggy most likely will score in the range of 17-27 points a game against most everyone in the SEC.. its up to the opposing OC to torch that awful awful secondary.. Any team with a QB that has a pulse and decent receivers should put 30-40 easy on aggy and beat them no problem. Problem is I only see maybe 2-3 teams on their left on schedule that can do that unfortunately... it will be 8-4 with a win against a weak opponent in the Liberty bowl... and Jimbo's built in excuse will be Weigman injury. See you next year! 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

aggy most likely will score in the range of 17-27 points a game against most everyone in the SEC.. its up to the opposing OC to torch that awful awful secondary.. Any team with a QB that has a pulse and decent receivers should put 30-40 easy on aggy and beat them no problem. Problem is I only see maybe 2-3 teams on their left on schedule that can do that unfortunately... it will be 8-4 with a win against a weak opponent in the Liberty bowl... and Jimbo's built in excuse will be Weigman injury. See you next year! 

Yeah their big problem is they will face much better offenses than Auburn’s and much better defenses. Sure Max led an inspiring 2H performance on Saturday. Against one of the worst defenses they will face 

1 hour ago, Basil said:

Walking unassisted and limping past the parked utility vehicle on his way to the locker room. You know, rough tough real stuff ...

mens-champion-maroon-texas-a-and-m-aggie

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah their big problem is they will face much better offenses than Auburn’s and much better defenses. Sure Max led an inspiring 2H performance on Saturday. Against one of the worst defenses they will face 

that and the DC was set up to defense weigman, they will not have that luxury again 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

that and the DC was set up to defense weigman, they will not have that luxury again 

This is an unprejudiced question. How much difference would that make? For what would a D scheme for one that they wouldn't scheme for the other?

I do understand that a new QB changes the timing of the plays a little bit which can make a difference, but you don't scheme for that.

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

it's not that he might miss the rest of the season (some hope of return) but that he definitely will miss the rest of the season (no hope of return).

He could/should have boiled it down to, "He's going to miss the rest of the season." 

But he didn't because he knows he needs to give his sycophant subscribers a reason why he didn't report it earlier ("there was a chance he might come back before the end of the season"), no matter how much BS it is.  

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

This is an unprejudiced question. How much difference would that make? For what would a D scheme for one that they wouldn't scheme for the other?

I do understand that a new QB changes the timing of the plays a little bit which can make a difference, but you don't scheme for that.

I’d imagine a significant aspect is lefty roll out/play action. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Eh, not sure I agree with some of those QB comparisons.  Rattler is pretty bad.  As is Milroe, in any offense. 

Rattler is playing his best football ever this season.  He is playing well. 

edit:

CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG RTG
95 128 74.2 1,242 9.7 7 2 76 170.6
Edited by markstanco
ou sucks
  • Hook 'Em 1