• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

7 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Lulz, in what context? To beg for arch in the transfer portal? 

He claims Archie is his friend. Of course the fact that two former ags are current NFL coaches is also relevant somehow.

Its amazing how bad Sharpe botched the Bilbo hiring + turning aggy into a diploma mill and Bjork botching Bilbo's extension that these two still have jobs. Its pretty abundantly clear they don't know what they are doing but they work for rubes so onwards the mediocrity death march continues.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

At a certain point, you'd think the students that attend the school would start noticing that money isn't being spent on things that benefit them and make their experience better, and is instead being wasted on things like paying a fucking moron that never should have been hired in the first place $75m to go away. Like why is this publicly funded state university just allowed to spend all this money with no oversight?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, Yesh said:

Bjork frequently walks around Kyle Field during home games to get a feel for how the program is performing. He says having the season be all but over by the end of October is unacceptable. 

“We can’t put ourselves in that position,” he says. “We had 103,000 people at our game against Mississippi State. I’m walking the field before the game and people from the visiting team were asking me, ‘Why are all these people here?’

Someone needs to send him the annual aggy rollercoaster pic. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

based on their number of transfers, it seems keeping players in Collie Station has been a problem going all the way back to Sumlin.

One advantage of transfer attrition is you get to recruit more players out of high school which boosts your recruiting rankings.

Stupid sip

4 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

based on their number of transfers, it seems keeping players in Collie Station has been a problem going all the way back to Sumlin.

Exactly.  You can money whip players and coaches to go there but keeping them there after experiencing it for more than a weekend is an entirely different challenge.  I'm surprised more hasn't been made of the negative impact the portal will continue to have on aggy attrition.  Idiots from western Georgia like Josh Pate don't recognize what a backwards shithole College Station is in comparison to the competition.  College Station/aggy campus is clearly the worst location/culture in the SEC with the possible exception of Starkville.

21 minutes ago, mrhorn said:

…. I’m walking the field before the game and people from the visiting team were asking me, ‘Why are all these people here?

There’s 0.0% chance that happened. This is the same as this BS posts from visiting teams.

they were asking how all the people found the stadium.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Pancho said:

It’s getting to the point where Pate may be on the aggy payroll

shill

noun.  A person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest or personal profit.

shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with said person or organization. Shills can carry out their operations in the areas of media, journalism, marketing, politics, sports, confidence games, or other business areas.

In most uses, shill refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers, participants or "marks" the impression of an enthusiastic customer independent of the seller, marketer or con artist, for whom they are secretly working.

Plant and stooge more commonly refer to a person who is secretly in league with another person or outside organization while pretending to be neutral or part of the organization in which they are planted.

20 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Exactly.  You can money whip players and coaches to go there but keeping them there after experiencing it for more than a weekend is an entirely different challenge.  I'm surprised more hasn't been made of the negative impact the portal will continue to have on aggy attrition.  Idiots from western Georgia like Josh Pate don't recognize what a backwards shithole College Station is in comparison to the competition.  College Station/aggy campus is clearly the worst location/culture in the SEC with the possible exception of Starkville.

Let's not kid ourselves here.... The SEC is chalk full of shitty places to live... College Station is at least reasonable driving distance to civilization which puts it in the same realm as Athens, Oxford, Lexington, etc. Perhaps you have not been to many of the SEC venues but suffice to say almost none of them would you opt to go visit for any other reason than a Longhorn football game.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, immamac said:

yeah, dropping your staff pool while everyone else is increasing theirs is a GREAT way to compete

But even that’s not enough to cover $57 million, Bjork concedes. The buyout, he says, will force A&M to confront how much it’s been spending.

“We’ve had some excess,” he admits. “Our staff pool for the entire football program was over $13 million. Other programs in the SEC are in the $9 million to $10.5 million range.” 

Bjorks says other sports are safe some seeing their budgets cuts, and says job cuts will be confined to the football program. 

“Analysts, recruiting positions, operational positions,” Bjork says when asked where he says fat can be trimmed.

re: contract and incentives:

The athletic director says Texas A&M will not give its next coach a fully guaranteed deal. 

“To me as we look forward, somebody has to earn that,” he says. “If they have a plan and really believe in themselves and believe that Texas A&M has all these resources, OK... let’s match that up with an incentive-based contract.” 

7 hours ago, immamac said:

The funniest part in my mind about this interview is the repeated point about being able to host playoff games in the future. Even their dreams of success only peaks at hosting a playoff game and not winning the SEC. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, immamac said:

Someone tell this dipshit cash is fungible.  "Oh no, Mr. Donor, your money wouldn't be going to that idiotic guaranteed contract.  We're covering that.  We just need a little extra for things like assistant coaches and food for the players."

The incentive based contract is straight off of texags wet dream talking points.  

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, WBT said:

The incentive based contract is straight off of texags wet dream talking points.  

The thing about the ags boosters is they think like message board posters and I would bet money the big moneh contingent is thinking their hire should earn the contract through incentives. They also can't pay the buyout and a big name coach so I could see a world where they hire a Fisch type guy and boast about a first of its kind incentive laden deal that will be the new norm and have all the big media fawn over the ingenious deal they just made. That's until that guy doesn't hit any of those marks or he's poached before he does and gets a big guaranteed deal from a top 5 job. 

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

It’s wild that he went into an interview blind, then shot answers from the hip that were mind bottlingly bad. How is this guy viewed as a serious athletic director? 

The fact that they haven’t fired everyone that smelled that extension is mind bottling (yes, I realize you were intentional in the bottling malapropism and I’m extending it).

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Let's not kid ourselves here.... The SEC is chalk full of shitty places to live... College Station is at least reasonable driving distance to civilization which puts it in the same realm as Athens, Oxford, Lexington, etc.

I'm having a difficult time figuring out where you would drive to from Oxford to find civilization in Mississippi. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, immamac said:

It’s wild that he went into an interview blind, then shot answers from the hip that were mind bottlingly bad. How is this guy viewed as a serious athletic director? 

Any AD that has to go on WFAA mid search to propagate the glory of the job opening should be laughed at endlessly. I can't believe they thought that was a good idea but they continue to write their own mockery. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’ve come to the conclusion that it doesn’t really matter who they hire because the institutional idiocy of aggy will pull the new coach into mediocrity, whoever it is. Go ahead and hire Deboer or Urban or Dabo. It literally doesn’t matter. The sleeping giant will continue sleeping.

Also, it was hilarious hearing Bjork lecture the public on how to set up an incentive based contract.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/19/2023 at 9:54 PM, bluto said:

Why the fuck does the high school coach thing matter, that’s like bitching about a current program not utilizing MySpace. The only reason it matters is for recruiting and that shit clearly didn’t matter when aggy landed the best class of all time. 

Because Texas high school football coaches as a group are the most self-important, thin-skinned pussies to ever walk the earth.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, BigSwingingD said:

He also said he will consult with the Mannings...Archie, Peyton. And Eli. I don't think that is going to go over well with the cult.

They’ve indicated that aggy should give Jimbo a second chance, with a more modest contract extension.  Something in the ten year $65-70 million range.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

Can they just unfire Jimbo and be like, PSYCH, but if you don't get your shit together we will actually fire you!!

Yeah, they'll let him keep his buyout but his new contract will be MUCH more reasonable.  To show him they are tough negotiators.

• Haha 1

At a certain point, you'd think the students that attend the school would start noticing that money isn't being spent on things that benefit them and make their experience better, and is instead being wasted on things like paying a fucking moron that never should have been hired in the first place $75m to go away. Like why is this publicly funded state university just allowed to spend all this money with no oversight?

There were articles about 3 years ago during their rapid enrollment expansion discussing this very thing. Students were eating on the floor in the dining halls.

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

Let's not kid ourselves here.... The SEC is chalk full of shitty places to live... College Station is at least reasonable driving distance to civilization which puts it in the same realm as Athens, Oxford, Lexington, etc. Perhaps you have not been to many of the SEC venues but suffice to say almost none of them would you opt to go visit for any other reason than a Longhorn football game.

"chalk"?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1