• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

28 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

The Steve Patterson era was probably the unhealthiest that the athletic department has been in my lifetime. 

I don't disagree with you. Patterson was a spectacular failure.

But Herbie was only talking about the football HC situation. He doesn't give a shit about the rest of the Athletics dept at UT.

• Hook 'Em 1

A&M is in a real pickle - they want a big name and they want to bring their contract offer down to earth. A big name won’t entertain anything but the jimbo sized meal deal and yet I doubt A&M will spend it so they will get an also ran or a young coach from a mid tier team with promise but still really unknown confirming they aren’t a big balla stroke that check like they think they are. In the end who ever said it’s an “RC a didn’t offer” redo is correct. Coulda had Day but didn’t offer. 

Edited by troph
  • Haha 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

1 minute ago, troph said:

A&M is in a real pickle - they want a big name and they want to bring their contract offer down to earth. A big name won’t entertain anything but the jimbo sized meal deal and yet I doubt A&M will spend it so they will get an also ran or a young coach from a mid tier team with promise but still really unknown confirming they aren’t a big balla stroke that check like they think they are. In the end who ever said it’s an “RC a didn’t offer” redo is correct. Coulda had Day but didn’t offer. 

That and if the new coach isn't on staff, and they hire a mid , does Robinson stay if he beats LSU ? 

There is a tendency for interim to feel slighted .

Would love for them to hire a mid just for him to turn around and leave for Oregon State or something 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, troph said:

They'll hire some mid tier guy on a normal contract, he'll go 7-5 next year, then 8-4 with a win over LSU or OU.  Aggies will back up the Brinks truck with a hefty contract extension only to fire him after 2-3 more 7-5 seasons.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Eastwood said:

The Steve Patterson era was probably the unhealthiest that the athletic department has been in my lifetime. 

It is still hard to believe this University had to live through the strong, smart, patterson era.  we lost an entire decade due to abject stupidity.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Three yearly cupcakes, and four teams with horrible offenses in Auburn, Arkansas, Mississippi State, and South Carolina.  I guess Auburn is bowl eligible?

"we'd be a 10-2 at worst with better coaching"

is the consistent message in the game thread from reddit lmaooooo

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As a UK fan I'm really hoping they hire Stoops. Our idiot athletics director gave Stoops a ridiculous contrqct and I'm hoping Texas A and M will bail us out. He's a mediocre coach and they are truly stupid and desperate if they think he will make them relevant.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, John80 said:

As a UK fan I'm really hoping they hire Stoops. Our idiot athletics director gave Stoops a ridiculous contrqct and I'm hoping Texas A and M will bail us out. He's a mediocre coach and they are truly stupid and desperate if they think he will make them relevant.

His brother was 9-6 against us. advantage aggy

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

7-5, and beat absolutely no one of substance. This is the aggy way. 

Yet another entertaining season watching aggy being aggy. But ....

image.png.f368c8e966787a00640942f1513f7623.png

We need Hanes to somehow pull this out of his ass, giving Texas a clear path to the CFP and at the same time  tempting the bowl committee to match up GT and aggy in mid december. Thats not asking for too much is it? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vermin said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38976861/michigan-state-names-oregon-state-jonathan-smith-new-coach

Michigan State has their man already. Of course, it's a much better coach than aggy with get.

Why didn’t they look at him?  He’s pretty good. And he’d obviously take their job. 

9 minutes ago, Blotto said:

We need Hanes to somehow pull this out of his ass, giving Texas a clear path to the CFP and at the same time  tempting the bowl committee to match up GT and aggy in mid december. Thats not asking for too much is it? 

What happens if Georgia loses today and beats Alabama next week? 

Edited by David Dennison

3 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Isn’t Louisville in Kentucky?

It is in Kentucky but Stoops frequently makes stupid statements which is another reason he's perfect for Texas A and M.

4 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Isn’t Louisville in Kentucky?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I've mostly avoided the CFP rankings thread, but I will say this here: Assuming we win next week, there is no scenario where both Bama and Georgia get into the Playoffs and Texas does not.

12 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I've mostly avoided the CFP rankings thread, but I will say this here: Assuming we win next week, there is no scenario where both Bama and Georgia get into the Playoffs and Texas does not.

I can see it if Alabama wins the SEC championship over an undefeated Georgia. 

That doesn't mean it's likely.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I can see it if Alabama wins the SEC championship over an undefeated Georgia. 

That doesn't mean it's likely.

I firmly believe that the committee keeping Alabama behind Texas despite our close games is the signal that they place that much value on our win at Tuscaloosa.

If they beat Georgia, I believe that will drop Georgia below us and Bama.