Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

12 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

of course, because in their minds:

1) losing the A&M-Texas game is that important

2) they're going to win it 77-0 so the humiliation will be so great we will only fire Herman because hanging him isn't lawful

They know we wouldn’t fire Herman, because him losing would bring such shame, that he would commit seppuku, and we all know it.

10 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Has aggy considered what will happen to Jimbo if he ever loses to Herman?

Aggie hasn’t but aggie admin sure has, and this is exactly when they won’t play us.  When Jimbo loses to Hermann, there will be instant pressure to fire him, but they can’t cause they will owe him 2 trillion guaranteed  dollars.  Jimbo will instantly be a dead man walking, recruiting will dry up and the SEC mirage will pop like a bubble. 

Playing Texas isn't lose-lose for A&M, but there's more risk than reward in it for them for the simple fact that their entire identity is wrapped up in, defined by, being better than us. The simplest way to protect that identity is to never play us and leave everything to subjectivity. 

Winning one game on the field gives them some bragging rights, but it wouldn't actually change the relative perception of the two programs. No one outside of Aggies and SEC shills thinks of A&M as a program of comparable stature to us. We're Texas, they're not, they're never going to be. Losing, on the other hand, scuttles the fictional construct of "now WE run this state since we no longer have to prove it against you on the field". That's why Fisher says he'd play it if it were good for A&M. What he means is, when A&M needs the possibility of a win over us more than they need to maintain their fiction, they'll be willing to gamble on taking another beating from us. Until then, it's better for their program to be able to say "we're better than t.u." without having to prove it.

Aggie rhetoric on renewing the series will morph as soon as they go 6-6 / 5-7 a few times

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 2

I don't think it's properly accurate to say A&M underachieves or any variation of that. The truth is that they are achieving exactly what they are capable of. This is it. This is their program. If you can buy it with dollars, they have it; if it comes from an unpredictable and indefinable combination of intrinsic and extrinsic factors, many of which are totally out of your control, they don't have it, haven't, and never will. That's why A&M hasn't come close to contention since World War II-- they're not built to do that. They wear a haphazardly constructed Halloween costume of a top-tier program, but underneath they're a scrawny fifth-grader who's never going to enter puberty or even hit a growth spurt because that's not what being an Aggie is all about

What is more accurate to say is, A&M is the most overestimated football program in America. There is the widest gulf, for A&M, of any program, between what people think they should accomplish and what they can and do. It's really that simple. 

The same is probably true of us, also, for what it's worth-- I think at some level the national media thinks we should be winning six national titles a decade and when we don't, it's just typical dysfunctional cesspool Austin. They find fault in almost anything we accomplish because it wasn't more and it wasn't sooner and it isn't forever. 

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Scholz said:

“I’m a football coach. I’m not a politician.” Asked about whether the game should be played, “If it helps A&M.”

Quivering pussy.

That's not quivering, it's throbbing.

Just... uhh... really really fast. Throbbing.

• Like 1

“We get on the field, I don’t care who’s on the other side, I don’t like ’em. I don’t care if it’s family.”

Of course when your "family" (wife) is fucking everything but you, it's easy to have that opinion.

• Haha 1

Boycott time.

https://sports.yahoo.com/non-alabama-sec-teams-crash-162240041.html

Copy pasta just the part about aggy:

Texas A&M Aggies

The Aggies' schedule is absolutely brutal, with road contests at Clemson, LSU and Georgia along with home battles with Alabama and Auburn. Four losses is more likely than one by the end of the regular season. So why include the Aggies? Jimbo Fisher has earned the respect. A&M’s $75 million man is among the top coaches in the nation with an impressive track record, and the Aggies outperformed expectations in his first year with the program. Kellen Mond could be poised for a breakout season, though a slate of fierce defenses will provide a difficult test. Texas A&M continues to be blocked from college football's final four as long as Alabama dominates and Georgia cruises through the East. At least Aggies fans can chant S-E-C as they watch the playoff in January.

10 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Boycott time.

https://sports.yahoo.com/non-alabama-sec-teams-crash-162240041.html

Copy pasta just the part about aggy:

I don’t mean to be highly controversial, but Texas A&M is going to have a mediocre season. They won’t be a contender for a division title, a conference title, or a national title.

They won’t make a NY6 bowl. They won’t be a contender next year. They won’t have any momentum at the end of this season that leads anyone to think they will be a contender for a division, conference, or national title next year. 

They are Texas A&M. They will be Texas A&M tomorrow. They will be Texas A&M during the season, next season, the year after, and for the rest it our lives.

They can guarantee their coach any amount of money and they will still be Texas A&M. 

They are, have been, and will always be, who the are. Which is Texas A&M. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Texas Agricultural & Mechanical.

I have put more effort than anyone I can think of to understand the history and culture of that which is Texas A&M. Their education is nothing to be proud of. Their culture is nothing to be proud of. That which is Texas A&M badly needs reform, but won't be reformed because of Texas politics.

The state of Texas needs a Constitutional amendment to and Texas A&M's branch status, and Texas A&M needs to be let wither.

The sooner Texas A&M ceases to exist, the better for the people of the state of Texas.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, markstanco said:
21 minutes ago, Leanderman said:
At least they will win the spring game and the halftime show though.

Halftime show is questionable. Personally bands that march in a box are terribly boring. But I got it, gotta keep that military theme going.

ClemsonTig said:
I'll be interested to see if Clemson fans stay at halftime to watch the FTAB.

We have "pass outs" so over half the fans leave the stadium, head to their cars to get drinks/eats.

They generally don't return until 5 minutes gone in the 3rd Q.

It's a very spiritual thing man.

Y'all are gonna want to change your routine to see this.

I used to sometimes listen to their CD on deployment when I was feeling low.

Haven't you heard? The redneck state fake army band is very spiritual.

This morning, I'm thumbing through Facebook and I see someone has shared the latest incarnation of aggy loses ring.  This episode was from Galveston and, apparently, Whataburger was no help (possibly because it's no longer a Texas owned company) and the Uber driver would not answer aggy's calls.  The comments are pure gold, sending prayers to 8 lb, 12 oz. baby Jesus and mentioning a company called ring finder, which will comb the depths of the Gulf of Mexico and find the ring in 10 minutes. 

So I had this thought.  What if this annual aggy ring scavenger hunt was the idea of some brilliant Texas graduate to keep little brother busy looking for a missing aggy ring during the hottest months of the summer.  There is no missing ring.  Instead, there only is the story of a missing ring.  Sort of like the fans who visit College Station and rave about how hospitable aggy is.  But this trolling keeps aggy busy like a snipe hunt. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This seems appropriate to post in an aggy related thread.

The Psychology of Prediction

“Your willingness to believe a prediction is influenced by how much you need that prediction to be true. If you tell me you’ve found a way to double my money in a week, I’m not going to believe you by default. But if my family was starving and I owed someone money next month that I don’t have, I would listen. I would probably believe whatever crazy prediction you have, because I’d desperately want and need it to be right”

https://www.collaborativefund.com/blog/the-psychology-of-prediction/

Edited by Randolph Duke