• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

The ags routinely mock Liberal Arts subjects, as they don't consider any Liberal Arts discipline as legitimate as "hard science." Hard science for the ags, includes such rigorous STEM disciplines as chicken farming, park ranger studies, and agricultural leadership.

So now UCLA and USC want to move from the Pac 12 to the Big 10. And the ags are performing all sorts of "economic evaluations" of possible conference alignment scenarios. Based on their deep understanding of economics.

Pure comedy gold.

The only thing better than watching an aggy do an analysis of media rights of various programs is the ags opining on what is best for Stanford and Cal. Because, of course, neither Stanford or Cal knows where to find anyone capable of performing aggy-level economic and financial analysis of their athletics programs.

aggys seem to forget their impressive understanding of economics and finance resulted in their having conducted a $4B capital campaign and after the money was received, the institution's net financial position was less than it was before they started. Seriously, aggys - how can you raise $4B in donations and have less wealth than when you started? $4B vaporized in previously unrecognized liabilities.

And based on that track record, they presume to advise to the Stanford and Cal people on financial and economic matters.

Pure comedy gold.

&m 2018 net position.jpeg

48 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

As an Alabama fan, all that matters is that Saban called A&M out for buying a recruiting class. Jimbo shows his ass like a retard monkey. And now he is recording buying recruits. 

High comedy.

You must be new at following the aggys. Never will you find a group that acts quicker when given a chance to shoot themselves in the foot. And they learn nothing from past experience.

5 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

You must be new at following the aggys. Never will you find a group that acts quicker when given a chance to shoot themselves in the foot. And they learn nothing from past experience.

I'm starting to learn that. Yet I find myself amused nonetheless. They blow Auburn fans away. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ElChupacabra said:

Honest question: how confident are you that Alabama beats Texas in week 2? 

I'm never confident in anything but I do think that Alabama will be a much better team this year than it was last year. I think they also will play with a big chip on their shoulder.

I also am a Sark fan and like what y'all got going on so far. 

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

I'm never confident in anything but I do think that Alabama will be a much better team this year than it was last year. I think they also will play with a big chip on their shoulder.

I also am a Sark fan and like what y'all got going on so far. 

Same here. Especially after this past decade of results. Fully ingrained in the wait and see mentality. I think that game could be a shit show for either team. Obviously, Bama has elite talent just about everywhere. Texas has a smattering of talent in some positions and a gang of meh in others.

I think Texas having home field advantage helps quite a bit but not sure if that's going to tip the scales in our favor. Sark's familiarity with Bama's team probably offers him a slight edge in game planning but the opposite could also be true since Bama's staff is very familiar with Sark and his tendencies. 

Either way, here's to hoping it's a good game and not a one-sided walloping for either team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BHMCruiser said:

As an Alabama fan, all that matters is that Saban called A&M out for buying a recruiting class. Jimbo shows his ass like a retard monkey. And now he is recording buying recruits. 

High comedy.

Pretty offensive to retarded monkeys, dont you think?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

Same here. Especially after this past decade of results. Fully ingrained in the wait and see mentality. I think that game could be a shit show for either team. Obviously, Bama has elite talent just about everywhere. Texas has a smattering of talent in some positions and a gang of meh in others.

I think Texas having home field advantage helps quite a bit but not sure if that's going to tip the scales in our favor. Sark's familiarity with Bama's team probably offers him a slight edge in game planning but the opposite could also be true since Bama's staff is very familiar with Sark and his tendencies. 

Either way, here's to hoping it's a good game and not a one-sided walloping for either team. 

Sark (like Kiffin) is smart enough that he can self scout and eliminate his own obvious tendencies. There's a lot to be excited about if you're a Texas fan. 

• Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

All turns on PK.  His track record is elite.  But last year raises major questions.  Also wish we would have done more at LB in the portal.

Last year was terribad but you also have to give the guy a bit of slack. He came from a conference with average offensive attacks and plunged into a conference that routinely has some of the best offenses in the country. That takes some time to adjust. Factor in some athletes that straight up just didn't give a fuck and you have a shit show on your hands.

It's also worth mentioning that Texas defense has been awful for the better part of a decade so it's not surprising that it didn't correct itself in one season. Though I do think we showed some definite improvement as the season went on but even that is a question mark because we supposedly "simplified" the defense after getting thrashed for the first half of the season.

I'm hoping that Phatterson being around the program has rubbed off on someone or something. That man knows defense. Agreed on the portal LB thing. We definitely could've done more there.

Edited by ElChupacabra
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 11:15 AM, Harrison Bergeron said:

No Tech meat judging national championships ... bad list.

On 6/27/2022 at 11:11 PM, C-Man said:

What about quidditch?

FWlU2r0XEAIsT3f?format=jpg&name=small

Props to UTD for their title!  And to *THE* Colorado School of Mines for men's Mountain Biking!

11 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

Last year was terribad but you also have to give the guy a bit of slack. He came from a conference with average offensive attacks and plunged into a conference that routinely has some of the best offenses in the country. That takes some time to adjust. Factor in some athletes that straight up just didn't give a fuck and you have a shit show on your hands.

It's also worth mentioning that Texas defense has been awful for the better part of a decade so it's not surprising that it didn't correct itself in one season. Though I do think we showed some definite improvement as the season went on but even that is a question mark because we supposedly "simplified" the defense after getting thrashed for the first half of the season.

I'm hoping that Phatterson being around the program has rubbed off on someone or something. That man knows defense. Agreed on the portal LB thing. We definitely could've done more there.

We haven't had a decent offensive line since McCoys sophomore year.  If you aren't consistently good in the trenches year in and year out, you aren't going to be good very often.

Saban is a great coach by any metric. But if he had our rosters and assistant coaches we've had over the past decade +, our record would be slightly better than it was.  But that is what makes him good.  He built Alabama from ground up, starting with great line play and coaches who could develop players into next level talent. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Redneck rich...

Off Campus Texas A&M Housing With "Resort Style" Rooftop Pool Defaults On Debt Payment

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/campus-texas-am-housing-resort-style-rooftop-pool-defaults-debt-payment

https://www.moodys.com/research/Moodys-downgrades-to-Caa2-NCCD-College-Station-Properties-LLC-Texas--PR_907761490

"29 Jun 2022
New York, June 29, 2022 -- Moody's Investors Service has downgraded the ratings of New Hope Cultural Education Facilities Finance Corporation, TX's Student Housing Revenue Bonds (NCCD - College Station Properties LLC - Texas A&M University Project) Series 2015A and Series 2015B to Caa2 from Caa1; affecting approximately $341.6 million in outstanding bonds.  The outlook remains negative.

The downgrade to Caa2 from Caa1 reflects the impending default by Park West (the "Project") on its July 1, 2022 scheduled debt service.  Park West's partial payment for $8.5 million represents only 56% of the $15.265 million due in principal and interest. Other contributing factors include the depletion of virtually all liquidity, the balance sheet's structurally imbalanced position, and other legal claims against the property.

Rent levels within the Park West submarket remain far below underwritten levels. For Park West to break even, revenue from student leases would need to grow by over 40%, based on 2021 operations."

My read says the only connection to TAMU is the land is leased from TAMU.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Redneck rich...

Off Campus Texas A&M Housing With "Resort Style" Rooftop Pool Defaults On Debt Payment

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/campus-texas-am-housing-resort-style-rooftop-pool-defaults-debt-payment

How could Park West not have been a home run? After all, NCCD-College Station Properties, LLC got their start by building the bonfire in 1999.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

FWlU2r0XEAIsT3f?format=jpg&name=small

Props to UTD for their title!  And to *THE* Colorado School of Mines for men's Mountain Biking!

Oh, shit -- I didn't see that Quidditch was on the graphic. Couldn't see it on my phone, I guess. (I'm also getting old.)

48 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

Hoping there were occupancy issues… if not, holy fuck did they shit the bed underwriting this bitch.

I need to go back and check, but I think this might be one of those vaunted aggy "private-public partnerships." You know, the kind that demonstrate "aggy brilliance" when they do them for campus hotels, student housing, and vaccine labs, but an unquestioned sign of extreme financial distress when UT Austin does one for their basketball and special events center.

aggy_ralph copy.jpg

All aggy needs to do is (similar to the provisional admission for borderline students if they agree to be a corps turd situation) auction off admission to be a real, authentic, genuine aggy to Blinndergarten kids if they agree to pay bloated rent at the Redneck Riviera. They'd fill that thing up with kids from Cy Fair, Katy, Klein and Conroe ISDs alone. It's not as if there is some sort of academic integrity at stake here.

You're welcome aggy and Park West

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

All aggy needs to do is (similar to the provisional admission for borderline students if they agree to be a corps turd situation) auction off admission to be a real, authentic, genuine aggy to Blinndergarten kids if they agree to pay bloated rent at the Redneck Riviera. They'd fill that thing up with kids from Cy Fair, Katy, Klein and Conroe ISDs alone. It's not as if there is some sort of academic integrity at stake here.

You're welcome aggy and Park West

Blinndergarten.  Wow.  Fucking awesome.

drive-by post to the college football world: blame aggy for the pac disintegration

in '91, they had a cow and torpedoed a move west.  we were taking them with us.  the rest of the swc didn't have a say in this and knew nothing about it

pig is still gone to the sec, and the big 8 and swc still merge, but the pac is solid for a century

but no

flash forward 15 years

we try to get byrne to share a conference network with us

no

not having it

instead aggy start squealing about standing offers and sitting this and sitting that TWO YEARS before ralph leaves in a 36-hour decision window to make sure rapelor doesn't take their place in a potential move west

this triggers dr. tom to erect his micropeen and lie lie lie about ejecting corn (who are now actually a winner in all of this after all - they get to play in LA every year)

boom, no move west

aggy then steals the orphan 5 payouts on the way out door shitting on us by projecting their own bitchassedness for attempting to destroy the conference on the way out

disney bribes us to stay with 300m and the LHN

fine

okay, time for another try to go west

oops, what's that larry scott?  you spend $10m a year on an office in the city but you can't buy out the LHN deal?

i still maintain that the Texas, 0u, tech, osu, az, asu, ucla & usc would have been the best division in college football

we tried to go west 3 times, and aggy fucked it up each time

to the rest of the college football world, and especially the fanbases of arizona, washington and utah, you should boycott aggy for the remainder of the millenium, because they did this to you

texas & 0u in the pac and thing play out much differently

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

"Blinndergarten" is at least 15 years old and was coined by texaggy posters.

"Blinndergarten " is at least 35 years old because I coined it when I found out some of my high school teammates were doing that, sir.  Long before Looch could even grow his chin pubes and texags wasn't even a twinkle in Al Gores eye

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

"Blinndergarten " is at least 35 years old because I coined it when I found out some of my high school teammates were doing that, sir.  Long before Looch could even grow his chin pubes and texags wasn't even a twinkle in Al Gores eye

The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

drive-by post to the college football world: blame aggy for the pac disintegration

in '91, they had a cow and torpedoed a move west.  we were taking them with us.  the rest of the swc didn't have a say in this and knew nothing about it

pig is still gone to the sec, and the big 8 and swc still merge, but the pac is solid for a century

but no

flash forward 15 years

we try to get byrne to share a conference network with us

no

not having it

instead aggy start squealing about standing offers and sitting this and sitting that TWO YEARS before ralph leaves in a 36-hour decision window to make sure rapelor doesn't take their place in a potential move west

this triggers dr. tom to erect his micropeen and lie lie lie about ejecting corn (who are now actually a winner in all of this after all - they get to play in LA every year)

boom, no move west

aggy then steals the orphan 5 payouts on the way out door shitting on us by projecting their own bitchassedness for attempting to destroy the conference on the way out

disney bribes us to stay with 300m and the LHN

fine

okay, time for another try to go west

oops, what's that larry scott?  you spend $10m a year on an office in the city but you can't buy out the LHN deal?

i still maintain that the Texas, 0u, tech, osu, az, asu, ucla & usc would have been the best division in college football

we tried to go west 3 times, and aggy fucked it up each time

to the rest of the college football world, and especially the fanbases of arizona, washington and utah, you should boycott aggy for the remainder of the millenium, because they did this to you

texas & 0u in the pac and thing play out much differently

As Paul Finebaum explains, Texas was in the SEC in 1991, instead of Arky. Then A&M went apeshit, claiming it was unconscionable For Texas to make the move without also negotiating the same deal for A&M.

From that time on, whenever Deloss negotiated any possible for Texas, he made sure the deal also included A&M.

Deloss negotiated a deal for Texas to go to the PAC. And A&M went apeshit that Texas would negotiate any deal that would also include A&M.

I continue to believe the Constitutional status of A&M as a branch of UT Austin needs to be terminated and the two schools formally recognize an end to joint cooperation on anything other than purely academic matters as set forth by the THECB.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

https://www.al.com/press-register-sports/2010/04/finebaum_how_texas_nearly_join.html

"In a recent interview, Schiller reflected back on how Arkansas and South Carolina became the 11th and 12th schools in the league. But the most shocking revelation concerned how close the University of Texas came to joining the SEC.

"The one that made the most sense was Texas," Schiller said. "I spent some time with DeLoss Dodds (the Texas athletic director) and he really wanted to join the conference." Done deal. Everything agreed to but the name on the dotted line. Then, it all came apart.

"The state legislature (in Texas) somehow got wind of it through Texas A&M and said we had to bring in both schools or we couldn't take Texas," Schiller said.

The SEC didn't want A&M. Ultimately, the two Texas schools would leave the Southwest Conference and join the Big 12."

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

Remember now, Texas would have gone to the SEC in '91 had the SEC taken A&M as well. Well, now it seems the SEC wants both A&M and Texas. The only question remains, is that deal still valid? It is in the eyes of Texas Governor Rick Perry, who says Texas and A&M must stick together if they do leave the Big 12. 

Ah yes. Rick Perry. Fuck him and his Poultry Science degree.

• Hook 'Em 1

Fuck the majority of the state lawmakers. Several of them attempted to block Texas from moving to the SEC......again. 

These same assholes will blame Texas for everything and then do everything in their power to stay connected to Texas. Fuck Baylor, Texas Tech, and A&M. They're all leeches that would disregard the interests of Texas if they actually had the power. 

• Hook 'Em 5