Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

13 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

so i've been reading the 995 forum for the first time in 6 months and this current aggy meltdown has me speculating what has happened and so i have questions.

1. is crypto in some way involved in their '22 class?

2. is their a problem with the crypto piece of those deals?  is this what is being referred to as "problems making payroll"?

3. to what degree has the pendulum swung 180 degrees from the '22 class?   is the current situation an illusion or are they really in smoking crater mode?

whatever has gone wrong for them is certainly not a secret.

knock on wood and before the grace of god go thee, but goddamn they *look* like shit and their own people are on to it, and looch hasn't even posted his 44 yet

has looch ever not had his 44 out in june or earlier?

The rank and file aggy has no thought whatsoever that NIL deals will make last-minute flipping of elite committed recruits much less likely moving forward.

It ain't about promising a recruit they will get instant playing time, like it used to be.

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

The rank and file aggy has no thought whatsoever that NIL deals will make last-minute flipping of elite committed recruits much less likely moving forward.

It ain't about promising a recruit they will get instant playing time, like it used to be.

I think so as well, and I think the situation with Addison at USC to cause some problems 

14 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

so i've been reading the 995 forum for the first time in 6 months and this current aggy meltdown has me speculating what has happened and so i have questions.

1. is crypto in some way involved in their '22 class?

2. is their a problem with the crypto piece of those deals?  is this what is being referred to as "problems making payroll"?

3. to what degree has the pendulum swung 180 degrees from the '22 class?   is the current situation an illusion or are they really in smoking crater mode?

whatever has gone wrong for them is certainly not a secret.

knock on wood and before the grace of god go thee, but goddamn they *look* like shit and their own people are on to it, and looch hasn't even posted his 44 yet

has looch ever not had his 44 out in june or earlier?

I can certainly see where it would be a huge problem. For instance:

I give player Walter Nolan 1/4th of the 750K they supposedly paid him as a yearly "salary". That $187K is then loaded onto a thumb drive, and is essentially 3 bitcoin when BC was trading above $60K. (This ain't NIL after all..)

The value of said bitcoin then crashes down to $20K, making the value of the thumb drive worth $60K.

Nolan hasn't cashed it in yet, so now he says "Hey, what the fuck? I need 6 more bitcoins." The aggy then says "It was worth $187K when we gave it to you, you should have cashed it then."

Nolan says "This is bullshit, you aren't giving me what you promised." And meanwhile, the aggy is out of bitcoins because he did the same thing with 10 other recruits and is still trying to stand firm on what it was worth when it was handed to him.

Except now, all 10 recruits are pissed and they have no other way to compensate them because they didn't think that far ahead and they tied their recruiting class to the most volatile investment vehicle on the planet. Their only option is to give them ALL of the bitcoin they had set aside for their college tenure (assuming they did so), but that leaves them bankrupt for any other players this cycle, and also leaves them unable to pay these same kids next year.  

So now.. all players visiting aggy expect this kind of treatment. None of them are getting it because they can't even afford to pay what they promised to the last class. The last class, in turn, tells the recruits that things aren't working out as promised. Said recruits go elsewhere. FIN

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

So about 5 days after the guy says Hook 'em to me in Rome, I'm 4000 miles from there on Hwy 84 between Hewitt and McGregor. Stop in at the gas station/ convenience store on the North side of the road next to the McGregor airport. I should have taken a picture, but apparently Coke products are undergoing a re-packaging and according to the big poster in the window they are calling it... "SIP SIZES". Yes I chuckled again thinking of the 7-11's in B/CS probably refusing to put up the ad campaign in their stores.

2 hours ago, TexasBeta said:

Oh boy - @Randolph Duke This should be a fun read.

From the "I have shit for brains and am intellectually a white trash child" files:

"Texas A&M tried to shell the city of Waco with an M1902 Field Artillery Gun. The incident happened in the mid 1920s after a brawl broke out in Waco at halftime, where an cadet was killed when hit over the head with a chair." (Not true. The kid killed was Charles Sessums and he was killed with a 2x4 to the back of the head. Also, assuming no one noticed a bunch of drunk, white trash rednecks had broken into a federal armory to steal federal property weighing 2,500lbs, where did the ammunition come from??? There is no claim they also stole the caisson, which weighed an additional 2,500 lbs. Why was live ammunition supposedly stored on a college campus that had no firing range? This equipment was ordinarily pulled by a team of six horses. How did the ags supposedly get it to the train station, lift it onto  a flatbed rail car, switch trains (there was no direct rail service from College Station to Waco in 1926)? No one associated with the rail line said a thing? The students having committed a federal crime in a conspiracy to commit murder weren't punished at all!? Using artillery to murder unarmed civilians is considered by decent people to be an atrocity. aggys consider it a joke. That just shows you how "aggy values" have nothing to do with American values. Covered on aggypedia)

"aggy’s original inception began and, up until 1963, as a part of the University of Texas system." (Partially true. Yes, A&M was constitutionally declared a branch of UT, but no amendment has ever been passed to alter that. Therefore, A&M remains a branch of UT.)

"Most Aggies know that the diamond in the Aggie Ring was given to those who made their first million, but during WW2 the tradition was also granted to those who served in war." (Not true. A complete fabrication.)

"During the 1940s, 2 tsips fly a Taylor-craft plane and took 5 passes at about 50 feet trying to ignite the Aggie bonfire early. They used 2 firebombs that were gallons of gas strapped with road flares. Both missed by about 20 feet. The plane crashed east of Austin due to gas. Ags got ahold of some pieces of the wrecked plane and promptly thru them into the bonfire stack." (Partially true. While the UT students did attempt to light the bonfire early, the plane did not crash "east of Austin" and the aggys did not "promptly throw pieces on the stack." They claim plane supposedly crashed in Austin (which it did not), and they claim aggys supposedly usurped the authority of federal aviation investigators, looted the crash site, and then "promptly" returned 90 miles to destroy evidence in a federal transportation investigation. How dumb to you have to be not to see through the flaws in this story?)

"After WWII, the federal govt gave out replicas of the liberty bell to every state as a show of unity. Most states display it in their capitol building, but Allan Shivers, the governor at the time (a graduate of tu) gave the bell to Texas A&M where it hangs in the Academic bldg." (Covered on aggypedia. The liberty bell replicas were advertising for a savings bond drive, not a "show of unity." The replica given to Texas was not wanted by any other organization in Texas due to the fact that Texas independence carried MUCH more prestige in Texas than U.S. independence.)

aggys are some of the dumbest people you will ever meet. The shit they fall for and believe to be true is cringeworthy.

liberty bell save for independence copy.jpg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

I’m at a conference and of course the only college gear seen is fucking aggy in their uniform and they all have a maroon ribbon on their badge that says ATM HOWDY. Who would even think to do that?

Anyway, I’m in line to order lunch and the aggy with a hillbilly drawl in front of me stammered “they put…fish…on tacos!”

Holy fuck you uncultured redneck fucks. Just ask them to make you a mayonnaise sandwich on white bread if that menu is too out there for your unrefined palate.

What were you expecting? Sir, this is a Wendy's Germania Insurance brokers conference. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I give player Walter Nolan 1/4th of the 750K they supposedly paid him as a yearly "salary". That $187K is then loaded onto a thumb drive, and is essentially 3 bitcoin when BC was trading above $60K. (This ain't NIL after all..)

The value of said bitcoin then crashes down to $20K, making the value of the thumb drive worth $60K.

Nolan hasn't cashed it in yet, so now he says "Hey, what the fuck? I need 6 more bitcoins." The aggy then says "It was worth $187K when we gave it to you, you should have cashed it then."

Nolan says "This is bullshit, you aren't giving me what you promised." And meanwhile, the aggy is out of bitcoins because he did the same thing with 10 other recruits and is still trying to stand firm on what it was worth when it was handed to him.

Except now, all 10 recruits are pissed and they have no other way to compensate them because they didn't think that far ahead and they tied their recruiting class to the most volatile investment vehicle on the planet. Their only option is to give them ALL of the bitcoin they had set aside for their college tenure (assuming they did so), but that leaves them bankrupt for any other players this cycle, and also leaves them unable to pay these same kids next year.  

So now.. all players visiting aggy expect this kind of treatment. None of them are getting it because they can't even afford to pay what they promised to the last class. The last class, in turn, tells the recruits that things aren't working out as promised. Said recruits go elsewhere. FIN

chevy-chase.gif

12 hours ago, Vertigo said:

1873702811_wellthereitis.gif.0fac6d1fa586fb7e33837328928f370a.gif

20 hours ago, Vertigo said:

image.gif.6d460836e9d12652984d2716cf8f3a26.gif

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Please tell me they really believe this. 

This is literally so stupid its hard for me to translate what they are thinking. WTF does aggy think Jimbo uses to recruit with other than rapidly deflating bitcoins ? 

Is the translation here that Texas and Alabama are paying additional NIL for not playing at aggy even if they don't play at the respective schools ? this seems unlikely as a reality, so must be what aggy thinks must be happening due to their current results 

Are Texas and Alabama using NIL recruit the best players they can ? yes 
Are Texas and Alabama tell players that Jimbo is a stupid shit that runs a 20 year old offense that can't score points ? surely 

Is there something cloaked room or conspiratorial about any of this ? only if you're an aggy 

Edited by BigHornedLurker
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

This is literally so stupid its hard for me to translate what they are thinking. WTF does aggy think Jimbo uses to recruit with other than rapidly deflating bitcoins ? 

Is the translation here that Texas and Alabama are paying additional NIL for not playing at aggy even if they don't play at the respective schools ? this seems unlikely as a reality, so must be what aggy thinks must be happening due to their current results 

Are Texas and Alabama using NIL recruit the best players they can ? yes 
Are Texas and Alabama tell players that Jimbo is a stupid shit that runs a 20 year old offense that can't score points ? surely 

Is there something cloaked room or conspiratorial about any of this ? only if you're an aggy

Even if Texas and Bama are paying recruits not to consider A&M, A&M should just use some of their "unlimited redneck riches" to pay the recruits more to ignore Texas and Alabama.

It's getting close to the time we start asking aggys "why A&M was such an irresistible place to commit to last year and not so much this year?"

They insist their recruiting success last year was entirely because of Jimbo and his recruiting prowess, and even if they were buying recruits, they are so incredibly wealthy there is no limit to the amount of money they can spend on recruits and the rest of college sports can deal with that fact.

Get ready for some of the most aggy-esque excuse making we have ever witnessed.

re: Texas fans really have no idea how difficult the SEC will be. Posted on 7/13/22 at 10:46 am to DolphinDaddy
bkm1.png
quote:
Texas fans really have no idea how difficult the SEC will be.

The SEC is for sure tough, but the last 2 members who joined, A&M and Missouri, had 2 of their best seasons in the past 30 the first 3 years after joining the conference.

A&M went 11-2 and 9-4 their first 2 years, They have only won 9 games once since 2014

Mizzou won 11 and 12 games their 2nd and 3rd year in the conference, and won the east twice

Let's not act like it's impossible to move into the SEC and be a 10 win team, because both A&M and Mizzou proved it can be done
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
re: Texas fans really have no idea how difficult the SEC will be. Posted on 7/13/22 at 10:46 am to DolphinDaddy
bkm1.png
quote:

The SEC is for sure tough, but the last 2 members who joined, A&M and Missouri, had 2 of their best seasons in the past 30 the first 3 years after joining the conference.

A&M went 11-2 and 9-4 their first 2 years, They have only won 9 games once since 2014

Mizzou won 11 and 12 games their 2nd and 3rd year in the conference, and won the east twice

Let's not act like it's impossible to move into the SEC and be a 10 win team, because both A&M and Mizzou proved it can be done

Let's also not act like any of these teams are juggernauts right now: Ole Miss, MSU, Auburn, LSU, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Kentucky, Mizzou, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vandy, Florida.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
bkm1.png
quote:

I have yet to meet an aggy who can explain why A&M's best SEC team was their first - 2012. A team that was built to compete and win in the Big 12. I don't acknowledge their 9-win, 2020 Covid team as meaningful.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, utee94 said:

Let's also not act like any of these teams are juggernauts right now: Ole Miss, MSU, Auburn, LSU, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Kentucky, Mizzou, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vandy, Florida.

Take it with a grain of salt, but this particular computer ranking (Sagarin final 2022) seems to indicate that the Big 12 is as good or better than the SEC as a whole.  But sure, let's not try to be objective about anything.

1  SEC-WEST            (A) =  81.24      82.07  (  1)      7      81.69  (  1)
   2  BIG 12              (A) =  78.70      77.84  (  3)     10      78.46  (  3)
   3  BIG TEN-EAST        (A) =  78.62      78.57  (  2)      7      78.56  (  2)
   4  BIG TEN-WEST        (A) =  77.15      76.21  (  4)      7      76.48  (  4)
   5  ACC-ATLANTIC        (A) =  75.57      75.97  (  5)      7      75.85  (  5)
   6  SEC-EAST            (A) =  75.11      75.39  (  6)      7      75.09  (  6)
   7  PAC-12(SOUTH)       (A) =  72.90      72.71  (  8)      6      72.80  (  7)
   8  PAC-12(NORTH)       (A) =  72.84      72.80  (  7)      6      72.80  (  8)
   9  ACC-COASTAL         (A) =  70.66      70.24  (  9)      7      70.46  (  9)
  • Hook 'Em 1

Even if Texas and Bama are paying recruits not to consider A&M, A&M should just use some of their "unlimited redneck riches" to pay the recruits more to ignore Texas and Alabama.
It's getting close to the time we start asking aggys "why A&M was such an irresistible place to commit to last year and not so much this year?"
They insist their recruiting success last year was entirely because of Jimbo and his recruiting prowess, and even if they were buying recruits, they are so incredibly wealthy there is no limit to the amount of money they can spend on recruits and the rest of college sports can deal with that fact.
Get ready for some of the most aggy-esque excuse making we have ever witnessed.

FedEx lost the envelopes.
  • Hook 'Em 1

So now, aggy is a Mack fan:

Mack Brown told recruit to take NIL offer at another school

Posted on 7/12/22 at 9:16 pm
uArw.png118dArw.png3
LINK 

quote:
“There are so many rumors out there, just like with NIL,” Brown said. “Are these kids making as much as they say they are? Some of them aren’t. I had a guy sitting in my office and say, ‘Coach, I’ve been offered $350,000.’ He was a recruit. I thought he was an OK player. He said, ‘I’ve been offered $350,000 to take it.’ I held up my phone and said, ‘Let’s call them now, man. You ought to take it. You need to take it before you get out of this office. I’d hold them to that if they offered you that much.’”

Mack wasn’t born yesterday  IconLOL.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Uh Mississippi state is absolutely a juggernaut to aggy. They have a losing record against them. Arkie and lsu as well.

1 hour ago, Burnt_Orange_Texan said:

Whenever Aggy starts going on and on about how Aggy is the best thing the world and how Texas is awful. I just remind Aggy about how their engineers couldn't keep a stack of logs from falling in 1999 and their record against Texas. Shut's them down. 

Well, that’s one way to start out on the board. 

No Way Reaction GIF

Edited by CowtownHorn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

Uh Mississippi state is absolutely a juggernaut to aggy. They have a losing record against them. Arkie and lsu as well.

That’s the irony. aggy thinks they’re ‘Bama. No, their closest analogue in the SECX3 is MissSU. Little brother cow college. And that little brother owns aggy. 

7 hours ago, Burnt_Orange_Texan said:

Whenever Aggy starts going on and on about how Aggy is the best thing the world and how Texas is awful. I just remind Aggy about how their engineers couldn't keep a stack of logs from falling in 1999 and their record against Texas. Shut's them down. 

Sure, that’s what you do.  Dead kids are great fodder.  

You ridiculous dude.  

28 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Sure, that’s what you do.  Dead kids are great fodder.  

You ridiculous dude.  

I don’t think he did anything worse to those kids’ memories than TAMU did, when it used sovereign immunity to limit its liability payments to their families, and then spent more than that in the campus memorial to the kids, where it proclaims the great Aggie love for them. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, statsman said:

I don’t think he did anything worse to those kids’ memories than TAMU did, when it used sovereign immunity to limit its liability payments to their families, and then spent more than that in the campus memorial to the kids, where it proclaims the great Aggie love for them. 

It’s a college football rivalry.  It’s not real life.  Using dead college kids as a zinger is stupid and wrong. 

Hey, Uvalde is a great town!

Well, what about your shitty PD and all the dead kids!  Huh?  Uvalde sucks. Hondo rules!  Hurr durr. 

Sure.  Real cool.  You got your zinger in. Awesome. 

In 2009, the TAMU AD sold a DVD of the 1999 game, the theme of which was that the Ags’ win in ‘99 was a victory for the victims and their memory. They did this to raise funds for their AD. 

TAMU, with its own actions, set the bar pretty damned low for commentary. It’s only a rivalry, but the Ags’ jackassery on this topic deserves to be highlighted. 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 6

5 hours ago, deadshank said:

It’s a college football rivalry.  It’s not real life.  Using dead college kids as a zinger is stupid and wrong. 

Hey, Uvalde is a great town!

Well, what about your shitty PD and all the dead kids!  Huh?  Uvalde sucks. Hondo rules!  Hurr durr. 

Sure.  Real cool.  You got your zinger in. Awesome. 

If the ags were truly remorseful about what happened they would have accepted what federal investigators identified as the proximate causes of the debacle and made a commitment to make the changes necessary to ensure a similar situation never happened again.

Did they do that? No.

Instead, being aggys, they wholly ignored the words of federal investigators, declared the collapse to be a completely unforeseeable act of God, and started using the incident as a sanctimonious marketing ploy, starting with their dead aggy monument.

Not once have I heard of any aggy accepting culpability and trying to start a discussion regarding their cultural bias that was declared a proximate cause of the collapse. The aggys haven't even attempted to embrace what "a cultural bias, which impedes risk identification" means. Not once have I heard any discussions from the aggys regarding the cultural deficiencies that lead to the deaths of those students, or how aggy culture needs to change. As a result, the same cultural bias that contributed to the deaths of those students still exists. If I am wrong on this, please enlighten me.

How can any aggy be truly remorseful when consciously allowing any of the conditions which lead to the entirely preventable deaths continue to exist and continue to potentially put even more innocent individuals in the exact same peril?

Collectively and individually, the ags had an absolute responsibility to make every change necessary to ensure every condition that lead to the deaths of the students was responsibly addressed. It has been almost a quarter of a century and they still have absolutely refused to acknowledge that responsibility. In no small part, aggy culture killed those students. When cultural change was needed, the aggys continued to insist their culture is inherently superior to all others and will never change. That is not remorse.

Until and unless the aggys themselves show remorse for what happened, they deserve ridicule. You don't get to commit negligent homicide, hide behind sovereign immunity to avoid monetary damages, hold no one in any position of oversight accountable, and then use the deaths of those students as a podium to bleat to others about what great people you are.

Sometimes it's more than a college rivalry. When it comes to negligent homicide, it's a lot more than a college rivalry. It's a matter of what we as a society hold as right and wrong.

The way the aggys handled the matter was wrong. And that wrong will probably never be redressed, because doing so would cause aggys to admit their responsibility for those deaths. Asking aggys to do the right thing and accept personal accountability is more than they will ever agree to.

So they continue to be scorned and ridiculed, and rightfully so.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

aggy bonfire risk management.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, statsman said:

In 2009, the TAMU AD sold a DVD of the 1999 game, the theme of which was that the Ags’ win in ‘99 was a victory for the victims and their memory. They did this to raise funds for their AD. 

TAMU, with its own actions, set the bar pretty damned low for commentary. It’s only a rivalry, but the Ags’ jackassery on this topic deserves to be highlighted. 

Are you defending your sock or forget to switch logins?