• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

23 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

On a separate note, that shot that Weigman took- the Ole Miss player stuck the crown of his helmet right into his chin strap. If that is not targeting, I have no fucking idea what the rule is anymore. 

Neither do the refs or anyone else. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

35 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

On a separate note, that shot that Weigman took- the Ole Miss player stuck the crown of his helmet right into his chin strap. If that is not targeting, I have no fucking idea what the rule is anymore. 

I think the exact same thing happened to Bryce Young during the Vol game.  Who knows?

42 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I thought he hit him in the chest. But for sure, it is super inconsistent. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Was at the game with my wife, who is an Aggie.  We got tickets from someone on the A&M staff.  And were sitting with A&M employees.  Man, that canvass has completely turned on Jimbo.  They were on him from kickoff

Yeah this is why I wanted the gomers to win last night was to stem the evil tide but it sure seems like Bilbo Aggins is up against it and now his biggest ally is his albatross of a contract.

Eventually that blind squirrel will find an acorn it will just be the most expensive acorn in history.

I want aggies to succeed juuuuuust enough for Jimbo to not hire an OC.   I do not think worst case scenario is a terrible year for them.....I think worst case for them is to keep the coaching staff as is.

So back off that concussion drama, Horns.  Let them annihilate Auburn and maybe play LSU really close in high scoring game.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Tired Horn said:

Was this the stupidest Aggy thing ever? It's the half-time TV bit where a university gets to emphasize academics and the student body (i.e., we're not just a football factory). So, what does Aggy choose to portray? Midnight cult practice highlighting their dork yell leaders. And then it scopes out to A&M, which hasn't even sniffed at an SEC title, intimidating other much more successful schools. And then it ends with Jimbo Baggins nodding wisely, not a good look to begin with and one that certainly hasn't aged well.

Pathetic lack of self-awareness, thy name is Aggy.

That's an incredibly low bar....or is it a high bar? Either way, lots of candidates for stupidest aggy thing

1 minute ago, Hornbeliever said:

I want aggies to succeed juuuuuust enough for Jimbo to not hire an OC.   I do not think worst case scenario is a terrible year for them.....I think worst case for them is to keep the coaching staff as is.

So back off that concussion drama, Horns.  Let them annihilate Auburn and maybe play LSU really close in high scoring game.

How are they going to pressure Jimbo to make changes? What kind of leverage do they have? Can they threaten to fire him?

All Jimbo has to say is "85 million dollars, guaranteed!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

Agree, and I was surprised it was over turned.   However, if that is NOT targeting then it absolutely should NOT have been roughing the passer as he hit him just as he released the ball.  If the hit was to his chest then it was a clean but violent hit….and according to the Refs it was not too high.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ABSR said:

Agree, and I was surprised it was over turned.   However, if that is NOT targeting then it absolutely should NOT have been roughing the passer as he hit him just as he released the ball.  If the hit was to his chest then it was a clean but violent hit….and according to the Refs it was not too high.   

That's exactly what I said, it had to be both because it was practically simultaneous with the the release 

6 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

The really funny thing about all the talk of forcing Jimbo to hire an OC is that they already have one, in name anyway.  He probably is in charge of playsheet lamination or something. 

Screenshot_20221030-091907_Chrome.jpg

That’s definitely a “What would you say you do here Mr. Dickey” situation?  

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BornOrange said:

How are they going to pressure Jimbo to make changes? What kind of leverage do they have? Can they threaten to fire him?

They technically can't (I say that as if I've read the contract) but everyone bends the knee to public opinion at some point.  

I rather not risk this beautifully constructed concerto of mediocrity they have going on. But what do I know.  

Is there any doubt that at least a few calls with lawyers happened last night/this morning to discuss the concussion situation and potential that it constitutes cause?

No doubt if he actually pulled the kid away from a concussion evaluation that's worse than the bs tech used on leach.  Plus, they're desperate and need to latch on to any opportunity Jimbo gives them.

Maybe it all just goes away, but if you see Richard J or Brent Z write up something about Jimbo endangering athlete health, watch out.  That will all but tell you the AD is going to make a run at this.

Edited by Bill Lumbergh
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

29 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

That's exactly what I said, it had to be both because it was practically simultaneous with the the release 

I thought roughing might be because he drove him into the ground and landed on him but not because it was late. The angle on tv was hard to see but I also thought the defender made contact high on Weigman’s shoulder with his face mask and not crown. The announcer was making a big deal about Weigman’s head jerking back but that could happen just due to the impact. Either way, this was way more contact than Overshown’s that got him suspended. Btw, where is that clown ex official that tried to prop up the Overshown suspension? Is he explaining away all the lesser ones that aren’t being called or did he just disappear?

Edited by SuckitKevin
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Is there any doubt that at least a few calls with lawyers happened last night/this morning to discuss the concussion situation and potential that it constitutes cause?

No doubt if he actually pulled the kid away from a concussion evaluation that's worse than the bs tech used on leach.  Plus, they're desperate and need to latch on to any opportunity Jimbo gives them.

Maybe it all just goes away, but if you see Richard J or Brent Z write up something about Jimbo endangering athlete health, watch out.  That will all but tell you the AD is going to make a run at this.

That moment was probably worse than this given the injury but I thought he was done after this in year 1. Plus he yells at the QBs every 3rd down missed so wouldn't be a shock to have Weigman leave this year too. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

I thought he hit him in the chest.

If you think this was a major overturn, this play was reviewed, and determined no targeting occurred yesterday as well. 

I just don't know what targeting is anymore, and that is part of why everyone is getting bent out shape on every hit from mid-chest and higher. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

I thought he hit him in the chest. But for sure, it is super inconsistent. 

Agree. I thought it was targeting at first, but the replay showed the tackler leading with his facemask which hit Weigman in the chest then his helmet slide upwards into Weigman's facemask. I think the ground may have caused part of Weigman's head injury.

The tackler certainly deserved the roughing call. 

Someone else has mentioned how Weigman was largely limp when a lineman pulled on his hand to help him up. I think Weigman was barely conscious for a moment there. 

Lastly, on replay, I wasn't even sure that the trainer was doing any sort of concussion protocol at all. I continued to think that until Jimbo lied about checking with the trainer. I wonder if Weigman thought the trainer was Jimbo.

Hope he's okay. (Weigman not Jimbo) I also don't want A&M let off the hook by firing Jimbo over this.

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Hornbeliever said:

No, you want them to force him to hire an OC.  Typically aggy would be for the admin to dictate who it is (some legacy) and then have the head coach and OC have constant infighting and obvious hostilities to keep the yucks up.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

Was at the game with my wife, who is an Aggie.  We got tickets from someone on the A&M staff.  And were sitting with A&M employees.  Man, that canvass has completely turned on Jimbo.  They were on him from kickoff

Did you let your nuts hang and wear a Don't Care got Jimbo shirt or is pussy undefeated?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

The beautiful thing is we all have strategies for how to maximize their misery.  Who knows what the right answer is as long as the 100 Year Decision becomes The 100 Year Anniversary of Last Championship.

I like status quo strategy though because there is a 2.5% chance they hire someone who makes a positive difference.  With no change, I give them zero percent chance of long term success.  

34 minutes ago, Hornbeliever said:

The beautiful thing is we all have strategies for how to maximize their misery.  Who knows what the right answer is as long as the 100 Year Decision becomes The 100 Year Anniversary of Last Championship.

I like status quo strategy though because there is a 2.5% chance they hire someone who makes a positive difference.  With no change, I give them zero percent chance of long term success.  

Sure, we all have theories on how to maximize misery. But we shouldn’t arm chair quarterback this thing and just watch as the aggy artists complete their masterpiece. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

was finishing all posts to see if anyone postulated this first

that's what i'm thinking this morning

this is *EXACTLY* what talkiebird needs to ditch boomhauer and his mini-me 13th man

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hornbeliever said:

They can't fire him

1 hour ago, BornOrange said:

Yup. 

There's never a time when Aggy losing isn't the correct answer.  Just turning the spigots off on bags for 2 years while they raise buyout money is good enough.  Or spending the money to buy him out plus money whip another coach to come and not having money to mess with our recruits.  Plus them losing makes them spend more money to keep players...or allows some players to make the jump to a better team (I see you Stewart, Anderson, Turner....). Anytime you can have them waste resources it's a positive.  Jimbo is their Afghanistan.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Between Jimbo's outfit last week and his hoodie this week he's dressing like a guy whose just going thru the motions waiting to get fired.   I hope he's got a bunch of pajamas because it's going to be awhile before they put the money together

No one dressed worse than Bret Bielema in his last season at Arkansas. There were games he showed up looking like he been on a three day bender or spent the winter sleeping inside an elk. Jimbo needs to get to that level.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

Funny how losing at home to App State and dropping three in a row in conference will do that. 

1 hour ago, Hornbeliever said:

The strategy is very easy.  All they have to do is win one game against a high ranked SEC opponent.  They beat LSU, and Jimbo is back to being the answer and worth every million dollar.  Dare I say, perhaps also a contract extension.  The misery drags on, they just won’t know it at the time.

• Hook 'Em 1