Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

Just now, BlackCat said:

When I played hs football if someone went into anaphylactic shock from a peanut allergy the coaches would make us run until we puked. 

This. And we didn't give any sissy-boy epinephrine to the player suffering from the anaphylactic shock ... we just rubbed some dirt on him.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

My knee jerk reaction is to pass on the kid because of the mom. Thank goodness I don't make those decisions.

My knee jerk reaction was to find some more pics of her.

And then... meh.

image.png.b37cae6edc8c5d7f74b4a459ac408388.png

https://www.linkedin.com/in/shane-cordova-5148834/

And then... yeah, hard pass. The Sooner doesn't fall from the tree, suppose.

image.thumb.png.ba837ca944625c72b4a3873d3fbe74dc.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

This seems like a layup Oklahoma commit. OU family, satisfies Venables weird obsession with getting kids from Austin to commit, highly questionable character, likes to knock people out in public places, protected by big peanut, karen mom who looks like she just got rawdogged in the parking lot in her mini van. 7 star sooner. 

Lake Travis family. It's definitely a Yukon or a Grand Wagoneer. Otherwise, great synopsis.

• Haha 1

OL recruiting storylines via IT

Spoiler

For the first time since he arrived, Kyle Flood is meeting the headwinds that come with a stacked roster. Texas is carrying a ton of scholarship offensive linemen, though the position is expected to thin a little after Spring ball. It’s a good thing Texas held to only three takes in the previous cycle.

This is setting up to be an intriguing recruiting cycle at the position. Texas will have its share of misses but this will truly be about the players Flood signs. Those players should still be quite good.

There is one must-get, however, and he is one of three who fit the category.

Here are some storylines to follow for the next couple of months.

1. Positioning for one of the Big 3 offensive tackles

I view there being four regional recruiting schools. Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M are obvious but you have to consider LSU one as well due to its ability to recruit many of the top players in the state. LSU comes to Texas for quality, not quantity. 

There are many quality OT’s in the class but three with five-star upside stand out for varying reasons. Denton Guyer’s Ty Haywood moves and bends exceptionally well. Mesquite Horn’s Lamont Rogers is massive and looks like the O-line version of A’Shawn Robinson. Lewisville’s Michael Fasusi is sort of a combo of Haywood and Rogers. He doesn’t move quite as well as Haywood and isn’t as big as Rogers, but he moves better than Rogers and is bigger than Haywood. 

Texas has to get one of the three, but, OU, A&M, and LSU feel the same. Haywood likes OU. Rogers likes LSU and OU. Fasusi likes UT and OU (and OU’s earlier playing time). A&M is scratching and clawing to make up for lost time with each.

Ideally Texas will exit the Spring leading for one.

2. Keep, or create momentum with Bay Area bigs

Kyle Flood is in good position to land John Mills from the San Francisco Bay Area, though Washington and its long history of athletes from Mills’ family pose a genuine threat. Mills has already locked in his Texas official visit for mid-June. Due to being only 16-years-old and already 6-foot-6, 325 pounds, he’s one of the more intriguing prospects in the class. It’s possible he’ll play right tackle in college while possessing a road-grading mean streak. Sounds like a Flood guy.

There’s another bash brother in the Bay Area in Peter Langi from just south of San Francisco. The massive (6-foot-5, at least 330 pounds) Langi is supposed to visit this Spring. Despite his size he is light on his feet. 

3. Continue to evaluate the numerous IOL candidates

The offer to Cedar Hill’s Devin Coleman last night tells us something, but what, I don’t yet know. Coleman is the twin brother of Jordan Coleman who was offered by Texas last Fall. They actually comprise 66% of triplets. Maybe Flood thinks he can stuff all three into one uniform. 

Interior prospects include: 2/3 of the Coleman brothers, Dickinson’s Tyler Thomas, Prosper’s Connor Carty, and perhaps Jackson Christian, though he could also play right tackle. One could also make the case for Mills or Langi as guards, assuming they can bend well enough. 

We should get more clarity on the interior big board based on Spring visits. 

4. Make up a little ground on Jonte Newman and Jackson Christian

I’m a big fan of Jonte Newman from the Cypress area of Houston. The problem is, OU already earned a commitment from his equally talented line-mate, Ryan Fodje, and the Sooners are the perceived leader. A&M is also working overtime. 

If Flood views Mills as a sure-fire right tackle, then Newman might not be prioritized, but I think a bookend pairing of Fasusi and Newman would be as good as Texas could realistically hope for. Newman’s dad is 6-foot-10 so he might not be done growing yet.

Christian, from Port Neches-Groves, was a Flood early offer special. He possesses good size and length. He nearly committed to Texas last Fall but the Aggies are probably the team to beat at this time.

To reiterate, I believe the Spring is going to be big for telling us who Flood truly pushes for in June. It goes without saying, Texas needs to keep working to get these guys back on campus.

• Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

OL recruiting storylines via IT

Reveal hidden contents

For the first time since he arrived, Kyle Flood is meeting the headwinds that come with a stacked roster. Texas is carrying a ton of scholarship offensive linemen, though the position is expected to thin a little after Spring ball. It’s a good thing Texas held to only three takes in the previous cycle.

This is setting up to be an intriguing recruiting cycle at the position. Texas will have its share of misses but this will truly be about the players Flood signs. Those players should still be quite good.

There is one must-get, however, and he is one of three who fit the category.

Here are some storylines to follow for the next couple of months.

1. Positioning for one of the Big 3 offensive tackles

I view there being four regional recruiting schools. Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M are obvious but you have to consider LSU one as well due to its ability to recruit many of the top players in the state. LSU comes to Texas for quality, not quantity. 

There are many quality OT’s in the class but three with five-star upside stand out for varying reasons. Denton Guyer’s Ty Haywood moves and bends exceptionally well. Mesquite Horn’s Lamont Rogers is massive and looks like the O-line version of A’Shawn Robinson. Lewisville’s Michael Fasusi is sort of a combo of Haywood and Rogers. He doesn’t move quite as well as Haywood and isn’t as big as Rogers, but he moves better than Rogers and is bigger than Haywood. 

Texas has to get one of the three, but, OU, A&M, and LSU feel the same. Haywood likes OU. Rogers likes LSU and OU. Fasusi likes UT and OU (and OU’s earlier playing time). A&M is scratching and clawing to make up for lost time with each.

Ideally Texas will exit the Spring leading for one.

2. Keep, or create momentum with Bay Area bigs

Kyle Flood is in good position to land John Mills from the San Francisco Bay Area, though Washington and its long history of athletes from Mills’ family pose a genuine threat. Mills has already locked in his Texas official visit for mid-June. Due to being only 16-years-old and already 6-foot-6, 325 pounds, he’s one of the more intriguing prospects in the class. It’s possible he’ll play right tackle in college while possessing a road-grading mean streak. Sounds like a Flood guy.

There’s another bash brother in the Bay Area in Peter Langi from just south of San Francisco. The massive (6-foot-5, at least 330 pounds) Langi is supposed to visit this Spring. Despite his size he is light on his feet. 

3. Continue to evaluate the numerous IOL candidates

The offer to Cedar Hill’s Devin Coleman last night tells us something, but what, I don’t yet know. Coleman is the twin brother of Jordan Coleman who was offered by Texas last Fall. They actually comprise 66% of triplets. Maybe Flood thinks he can stuff all three into one uniform. 

Interior prospects include: 2/3 of the Coleman brothers, Dickinson’s Tyler Thomas, Prosper’s Connor Carty, and perhaps Jackson Christian, though he could also play right tackle. One could also make the case for Mills or Langi as guards, assuming they can bend well enough. 

We should get more clarity on the interior big board based on Spring visits. 

4. Make up a little ground on Jonte Newman and Jackson Christian

I’m a big fan of Jonte Newman from the Cypress area of Houston. The problem is, OU already earned a commitment from his equally talented line-mate, Ryan Fodje, and the Sooners are the perceived leader. A&M is also working overtime. 

If Flood views Mills as a sure-fire right tackle, then Newman might not be prioritized, but I think a bookend pairing of Fasusi and Newman would be as good as Texas could realistically hope for. Newman’s dad is 6-foot-10 so he might not be done growing yet.

Christian, from Port Neches-Groves, was a Flood early offer special. He possesses good size and length. He nearly committed to Texas last Fall but the Aggies are probably the team to beat at this time.

To reiterate, I believe the Spring is going to be big for telling us who Flood truly pushes for in June. It goes without saying, Texas needs to keep working to get these guys back on campus.

imagine reading IT anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Hornmatic said:

I have no details on the situation or how the “prank” went down, but now all I can imagine is a jock strap filled with peanuts. Such a modern twist on a timeless classic. 

And to think our #1 prank was putting Cramergesic(sp) in someones jock.

4 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Brooks posted the KXAN story - 

2 hours ago, Teryor said:

Sweat and Gbenda did too

So did Worthy.

I can’t imagine recruiting that kid would be worth it. Let him and his family be someone else’s headache.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Vertigo said:

This seems like a layup Oklahoma commit. OU family, satisfies Venables weird obsession with getting kids from Austin to commit, highly questionable character, likes to knock people out in public places, protected by big peanut, karen mom who looks like she just got rawdogged in the parking lot in her mini van. 7 star sooner. 

IMG_8998.gif

17 hours ago, Teryor said:

Sweat and Gbenda did too

15 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

So did Worthy.

I can’t imagine recruiting that kid would be worth it. Let him and his family be someone else’s headache.

https://twitter.com/TvondreSweat/status/1759990135469297845

Won't embed, but it's a video from the kid that had the allergy responding to Sweat.

Dude. Everything is OK. It was just a stupid prank. No football players will be held accountable for actions that could have killed a teammate. Nothing to see here. They apologized!

Right. Let him go prank\kill some kids at Baylor. Pass.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I feel kind of bad for the Cordova guy at this point. I know his intent was evil and a red flag, but damn, he's what, 16 or 17 years old and is now being completely crushed on social media? That's terrible.

If He Dies Ivan Drago GIF

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2