John Mueller has died

Hornius Emeritus

I'll come by and pour one out.
If you're serious, maybe I'll pick you up somewhere in the area?
Parking will prob. be a hassle... maybe @Judge Roybeanbag should drive vs. taking my truck.

His skateboard sized car would be an easier one to park

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

Is that a Lonestar tallboy or does MIA have carney hands and smell like cabbage?
I think it was some sort of a cider-y craft & even MIA will tell you he has an odor... sorta like "round is a shape, right?"

Hands?  Well... we didn't really touch each other so I can't say anything about that.

MIA looks vastly more rugged than I imagined. I also have the sudden desire to avoid a kickboxing match with him at all costs.

Seriously, condolences to those of you who knew and loved the man. Left Austin before his various enterprises took hold there, so all I "knew" of him stemmed from the bits of gossip that popped up on threads here, ToS, and HF.

It is comforting to see that there are many more layers to a man--even a troubled and tortured one--to those with the patience and empathy to observe them.

RIP, Dark Prince.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I have sent many of my east coast friends to Lewis BBQ in Charleston.  They have all been happy.  The last time I was in Charleston was the week before he opened.  

It’s really good.  He could set up shop in central Austin and do well despite the competition, but he is a unicorn in Charleston when it comes to brisket.  There’s probably nothing in a 500 mile radius that comes close to what he is putting out.  This pleases me greatly as Charleston will be my new home this summer.  I have a feeling  I will get to know John pretty well.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...