Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

1 minute ago, Bravo said:

I see.

Nothing too crazy. Just, you know, be able to pass a background check, pass a proficiency test, and proof of adequate insurance (i.e. a gun safe). Basically make it as hard to own a gun as it is for a 16 year old to legally drive a car. After that, go nuts. Radical, I know.

Switzerland has mandatory civic service, and that shit ain't gonna fly here, so baby steps.

2 minutes ago, Bravo said:

do you think that is the reason why or could it be we as a country are very different from SUI with a huge gang problem where your ideas would have no affect?

A lot of the guns used in random mass shootings originating from gangs?

How about we just give it a shot, just for shits and giggles?

God damn, you really are a Republican through and through. "We've tried nothing, and we're all out of ideas!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bravo said:

do you think that is the reason why or could it be we as a country are very different from SUI with a huge gang problem where your ideas would have no effect?

I agree this country has a huge problem with white right extremist gangs with too many guns.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Thanks for bringing that up. I found this quite interesting. We should pay for universal pre-K! The benefits are self evident! Wait, what?

The write-up of the findings suggests variability in the quality of pre-K programs in TN may be one of the reasons for the negative effects. 

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, elfenix said:

we could have done nothing and been in a depression instead. 

you guys are arguing about 'doing something' within the confines of what has been a managed economy for god knows how long. at least bigly since the auto bailouts and banks were going "fail and take jesus down with em". 

37 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Anyone know what is involved for a foreigner to permanently taking up Swiss residence or citizenship?

uruguay is where its at. 3 years (living there) and you can get citzenship. prob the best spot on the citizenship market at this time (if you balance in quality of life, location, weather, crime, gov stability, etc)

not sure about the gun laws doe

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, staboner said:

uruguay is where its at. 3 years (living there) and you can get citzenship. prob the best spot on the citizenship market at this time (if you balance in quality of life, location, weather, crime, gov stability, etc)

Oblig

image.gif.92efec57cdcfef152b72d702bac2ee89.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

11 minutes ago, Bravo said:

do you think that is the reason why or could it be we as a country are very different from SUI with a huge gang problem where your ideas would have no effect?

just because we have a gang/drug/crime problem doesn't mean we don't also have a problem with other people (who shouldn't own fire arms) owning fire arms. doing nothing about something because of something else is just strange deflection. 

there is also image, hope, change and all those festive libtard words that people like us like to feel

have some feels my man. 

9 minutes ago, HornPhD said:

The write-up of the findings suggests variability in the quality of pre-K programs in TN may be one of the reasons for the negative effects. 

I wasn’t suggesting there weren’t confounding variables, but randomized and controlled is still pretty good design for this study. You obviously couldn’t double blind it. In any case, the control group no universal pre-K did better. 

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, staboner said:

I might have to research further.

08b2d9149f06aea74bb38a4e33ac5648-683x102

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Bravo said:

So you're worried about "random" mass shootings or mass shootings because like +90% of mass shootings involving 3 or more are not what you're referring to. Most are gang or domestic in nature.

I'm worried about them both. Maybe let's try something, anything, even if it isn't 100% effective at solving everything right away, and we can go from there?

But you bristle at my back-of-napkin idea of "do the same background check most employers conduct, take a 'driving test' designated to the clarification of weapon, buy a few hundred dollar safe to go along with your guns, and then you can buy any gun the general public has access to." But even that "infringes on your rights" too much for your comfort, and there are millions like you. So how fucked are we?

2 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Oh, you can buy one hard boiled egg at a time in convenience stores, too. Picnic eggs. A practice I’d love my local stores to emulate.

A graying hard boiled egg rolling around next to 4-day old hot dogs sounds wonderful.

19 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

A lot of the guns used in random mass shootings originating from gangs?

How about we just give it a shot, just for shits and giggles?

God damn, you really are a Republican through and through. "We've tried nothing, and we're all out of ideas!"

Random mass shootings account for around 100 or so deaths a year.  In a country of 330 million.  

OK, I will agree some here. There are a LOT of people who shouldn't own guns. You want to have a huge impact on criminals not having guns because that is who is committing a vast majority of gun crime? Fire up the justice department to go apeshit on straw purchasers. It is so damn rare they get prosecuted or even investigated to any extent. Let's try that 1st because it isn't really a legal gun owners problem. I bet you throw the book at the people supplying the criminals with their arsenals you would have a impact larger than you might think.

Now we're talking. I'm all for this. Let's do it. Why haven't we tried?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I'm worried about them both. Maybe let's try something, anything, even if it isn't 100% effective at solving everything right away, and we can go from there?

But you bristle at my back-of-napkin idea of "do the same background check most employers conduct, take a 'driving test' designated to the clarification of weapon, buy a few hundred dollar safe to go along with your guns, and then you can buy any gun the general public has access to." But even that "infringes on your rights" too much for your comfort, and there are millions like you. So how fucked are we?

Timeline of Gun regulation discussion in the United States (repeats ad infinitum): 

1) Mass shooting

2) Guns have to go!

3) No! You can't take guns! Why not try and propose middle of the road ideas that everyone can get behind?

4) Dozens of regulations are proposed concerning limits, ammo, testing, databases, etc.

5) No! You can't do that! 2nd amendment!

6) Mass shooting

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Anyone in this country can walk into an ER and be seen. That’s a far cry from not being able to afford food.  I’m sure your well traveled and have seen first hand some of the places that doesn’t ensure their people eat.  Boutique healthcare is way down their list of give a fuck at that point. 

The first part is true.

Getting healthcare for chronic conditions and preventative care doesn't happen through the ER, period.

If, as a single person, you make more than 25k/year, and are not pregnant, caring for a minor, over 65, or disabled, you do not qualify for Medicaid.

We're not talking about "boutique healthcare."  We're talking about seeing a doctor for an annual physical or so, and whatever shit comes up.

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I wasn’t suggesting there weren’t confounding variables, but randomized and controlled is still pretty good design for this study. You obviously couldn’t double blind it. In any case, the control group no universal pre-K did better. 

I’d like to read the article, especially their methodology, analysis, and limitations sections. 

Other studies show positive effects, so this one article doesn’t mean that universal pre-K is not beneficial. 

1 hour ago, Bravo said:

OK, I will agree some here. There are a LOT of people who shouldn't own guns. You want to have a huge impact on criminals not having guns because that is who is committing a vast majority of gun crime? Fire up the justice department to go apeshit on straw purchasers. It is so damn rare they get prosecuted or even investigated to any extent. Let's try that 1st because it isn't really a legal gun owners problem. I bet you throw the book at the people supplying the criminals with their arsenals you would have a impact larger than you might think.

Good idea. Let’s start with Kyle Rittenhouse.

• Hook 'Em 2

Meanwhile, the beat goes on...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/01/26/biden-administration-could-have-ended-brutal-war-yemen-its-now-making-it-worse/

Almost seven years since the Saudi-United Arab Emirates coalition launched its war in Yemen, the devastating impact of its relentless airstrikes and siege of the country’s land, air and sea borders has reduced the country to shambles. The Biden administration promised to withdraw support for the war and push for a peace agreement, but its policies have further inflamed the fighting, which now has seriously expanded well beyond Yemen’s borders, from deep inside Saudi Arabia to the UAE as well, increasing the instability of the entire region.

For Yemenis, it’s clear that U.S. military and political support to its rich clients, Saudi and the UAE, have not only enabled but also encouraged the ongoing war, costing nearly 400,000 Yemeni lives. The Biden administration last year sought approval for $23 billion in fresh weapons sales to the UAE, on the pretense that it had withdrawn from the Yemen war, and $650 million in weapons to Saudi Arabia, on the pretense they would be mere “defensive” weapons.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Nothing too crazy. Just, you know, be able to pass a background check, pass a proficiency test, and proof of adequate insurance (i.e. a gun safe). Basically make it as hard to own a gun as it is for a 16 year old to legally drive a car. After that, go nuts. Radical, I know.

Switzerland has mandatory civic service, and that shit ain't gonna fly here, so baby steps.

I vote we do all of that. And bring some of their women and mountains here.  Agreed? Good. Reaching across the aisle and all that. 

1 hour ago, staboner said:

Yeah but you can dip into Argentina and go on the best dove hunting on the planet, with great eats and wine. 

I should post one of the vids of one of the best moments of my life. I got so much shit from the wife about spending the amount of $ I did. If you ever get the opportunity to hunt hogs from a helicopter DO IT! dont worry about he $. 

Shooting hogs from a helicopter while blowing a bunch of dough was one of the best moment of your life while it pissed off your wife? Was that super pathetic fact included in the divorce paperwork she filed?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Foosters said:

Timeline of Gun regulation discussion in the United States (repeats ad infinitum): 

1) Mass shooting

2) Guns have to go!

3) No! You can't take guns! Why not try and propose middle of the road ideas that everyone can get behind?

4) Dozens of regulations are proposed concerning limits, ammo, testing, databases, etc.

5) No! You can't do that! 2nd amendment!

6) Mass shooting

It’s crazy as hell that we continue to do this, especially since we’re so exceptional.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

The first part is true.

Getting healthcare for chronic conditions and preventative care doesn't happen through the ER, period.

If, as a single person, you make more than 25k/year, and are not pregnant, caring for a minor, over 65, or disabled, you do not qualify for Medicaid.

We're not talking about "boutique healthcare."  We're talking about seeing a doctor for an annual physical or so, and whatever shit comes up.

Infuriating that you have to explain this to anyone.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Infuriating that you have to explain this to anyone.

That’s how out of touch people are. I have family that can’t get a better paying job because they will lose their medical care for their kids. They have to make a huge leap in pay from poor to barely scraping and still poor because all help goes away.
It’s easier to call people free loaders and lazy, than to really look at folks struggling.
  • Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

From the game cam recently.  Screen grab from a video with about 40 illegals on it.  Video timed out while the procession was still going.  Border is an absolute joke under this POS President. Never been close to this bad.  

818BE721-DDB1-49D9-A826-69A59BACAF1F.png

How do you get the real time uploads from switzerland?

33 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

From the game cam recently.  Screen grab from a video with about 40 illegals on it.  Video timed out while the procession was still going.  Border is an absolute joke under this POS President. Never been close to this bad.  

818BE721-DDB1-49D9-A826-69A59BACAF1F.png

Cool. Let's go after the employers who hire them then. If you want a real solution. So weird how the GOP's pearl clutching about the border always stops short of punishing companies utilizing cheap labor that they can treat like shit and not pay benefits to. So weird.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon