Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

13 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yes it is.  Relieve me of 100k worth of debt, and tell me it isn't bumping me ahead of someone you do not do the same for.  

Bullshit. You don't see the catch-22 these students and future earners are in unlike previous generations when the cost of higher education was drastically lower and far more attainable? You don't see why this (and health care) is a big problem for our future economy beyond your score-keeping?

Again, what does it matter to you that these people catch a break that makes financial sense for everyone? You already have a leg up on them because you didn't have to pay what they pay now and you have a good job. You're paying for the subsidies to corporate America and the billionaires and surly 1% who get massive tax cuts under GOP rule but God forbid we invest our tax dollars in the working class or our higher education system. The point you refuse to acknowledge is that the cost of higher education  and student loan debt is a big drag on our economy that goes well beyond your individual circumstance. 

Here's a link for you to consider.....https://www.fastcompany.com/90713747/workers-800-billion-ppp-loans-economists 

If you are ok with giving all that money to businesses under the guise of saving jobs but you think student loan forgiveness pits you vs today's student loan borrowers, you have fully swallowed the billionaire class propaganda. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I've slow played one of my loans just so that I can have some skin in the game if they ever do a blanket forgiveness thing. 

That, my friends, is called a moral hazard.

Kidding, kinda, but I do feel like there is an unintentional hypocrisy when the same student-loan-burdened folks decry someone else's selfishness for not wanting to pay more taxes and then when confronted with the unfairness of those who made sacrifices to pay their debts and miss out on exponential opportunity gains that they would hypothetically take advantage of, there is little more than a response of shrugging of shoulders and "sucks to suck, bro".

Edited by TurkeyChew

The last few pages have been a good read. 
I’ll add my appreciation to the others complimenting @fattyflattie for his candor. 

To correct the record for @Johnny Sack, who was comfortable voting for a misogynist pos, TFG often called women nasty, and the list of women he so designated includes the Mayor of San Juan, the duchess of Sussex, and CNN’s WH correspondent April Ryan.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bravo said:

you miss the silver spoon comment about his kids, dunce?

Holy shit, right over your head.

That wasn't his point, like at all. He was sarcastically pointing out his kids being "freeloaders" compared to the government freeloaders he so detests. And that millions of kids don't have that luxury or head start.

He wasn't actually ragging on parents helping their kids pay for college.

Edited by aggie08

29 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

...this from the dude who made the easiest of the easy "dumbass aggy" jokes when we were having a relatively civil discussion last night. BoTh SiDeS!!! 

(just giving you a hard time)

I forgot you were an Aggie, tbh.  And to be fair, many of the engineers we are hiring are...dumbass aggys.  And I got accepted there but wasn't for me.  Blame it on Ricky. 

eta: I don't get deep into your posts but I do know you and 956 both rep your school well.  

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I've slow played one of my loans just so that I can have some skin in the game if they ever do a blanket forgiveness thing. 

I’ve enjoyed writing every check to pay for my girl’s tuition. The kid is working so diligently at her education.

College loans ought be interest free, at a minimum, and means tested beyond that minimum. Rs ought be branded with having Devos, who made a fortune off college loan interest, as Secretary of Education. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Bravo said:

"Sounds like your kids are silver spoon, entitled freeloaders."

I block this troll but this was the quote I read in fatty's response where he quoted it. Fatty didn't take it as a joke and it was in regards to him paying for his kid's college. Looks like reading comprehension is a challenge for you. aggy will aggy though.

You are incredibly dumb. Just wow. You honestly believe that jimmyjazz looks down on parents who help their kids pay tuition? Dear lord. I'm sorry that you both missed an extremely obvious joke.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

But it's bullshit.

I know plenty of people who got pregnant before 25 and ended up "successful.".  I know plenty of people who were drugged out of their minds in their early 20s and ended up "successful."  The common denominator for almost all of these is that were born into a family that afforded them a safety net that allowed them to fall down and still prosper.

None of those things are life ruiners if you are lucky enough to be born into a situation that can support you.  Focusing on the action without any acknowledgement of the importance of environment is ignorance at best, maliciousness at worst.

Moreover, assuming you include alcohol among "drugs," what particular bad choices are attributable to the "failures" here?

Addicts are born, not made.  All that's required is to take that first drink or three and it's nelly bar the door. Or get a scrip for opioids, or adderall.  Who here didn't or doesn't have a few drinks?  

Same with pregnancy.  Who here didn't have premarital sex, and probably of the risky variety on at least a few occasions?

I do think there is some social psychology among the lower classes that makes the choice to begin using substances and having frequent or risky sex somewhat more likely, and at younger ages, but these are things everyone does, for the most part.

Those "bad choices" are eminently recoverable, as you note.  The main reason I'm sober and not dead is that my social milieu and support network made it mostly untenable for me not to get sober.  But it was a close thing.  I made the "bad choice" of starting to drink when I was a teen, just like 95% of this board.  In fewer than 10 years, I had an engineering degree, a law degree, and was essentially face down in the gutter.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6

so i was under 18 when you could smoke on airplanes and now that i'm over 18 i want to smoke on airplanes and i think it's fucking bullshit that other people got what i didn't get and what the fuck?

we're trying to evolve here, people.  would be helpful if half the govt wasn't pulling in the opposite direction.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

The “it’s not fair” adults only look out their window. How is it fair an 18 year old can take out $100k in student loans, but there is no way in hell they could get a $100k loan for a house? How is it fair that companies and any other kind of debt is bankruptable, but student loans aren’t? How is it fair that minimum wages have stayed stagnant for far too long?
My 10 year old says “that’s not fair.” I expect better from adults, but here we are.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TurkeyChew said:

That, my friends, is called a moral hazard.

Kidding, kinda, but I do feel like there is an unintentional hypocrisy when the same student-loan-burdened folks decry someone else's selfishness for not wanting to pay more taxes and then when confronted with the unfairness of those who made sacrifices to pay their debts and miss out on exponential opportunity gains that they would hypothetically take advantage of, there is little more than a response of shrugging of shoulders and "sucks to suck, bro".

it's not really a zero sum game though.

i mean if i went thru something difficult and had to really struggle to do it, and got to the other side and was all "man that sucked'...i just don't think i'm going to resent someone who can get to the same spot thru an improvement in the process. someone else benefiting from a progressive policy that didn't come along until after i could have benefitted from it doesn't make me think that person is undeserving or that life is unfair and i have been shortchanged somehow...it makes me think 'well its about time they fixed/improved that!'

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

A lot to unpack there, but glad you seem to be doing well.  I remember at least the story about your sister, didn’t know she had passed tho.  It’s terrible that drugs exist. I don’t mind absorbing your anger, but I had nothing to do with any of that, and I wouldn’t expect you to be responsible for my families issues.  

Just go fuck yourself, you fucking sack of pig shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Born to Run said:
18 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

How about the America that doesn’t support violent overthrow of our republic based on an insane set of lies told my a megalomaniacal narcissist shitbag?

Join me as a one issue voter: I vote against the party that supports those things. All the time, every time. If that party ever decides to declare treason off limits again, then we can start talking about other policies. Until then, I’m sticking with my rule of “always take care of the existential threat first.”

Yeah but Demoncrats want to give free stuff to poors.

Specifically Obamaphones.

2 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I won't defend one word of the asshat to whom you are replying.  But I have avatars turned off and will quickly admit I  often confuse these two posters when reading threads. 

...and don't even get me started 9n all the Hanks! 😄

8 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

this reminds me of a former poster, but i can't remember who. maybe laphroaig? anyways.

my family story is a fucking car wreck. i was raised in a nuclear family, but i had half-siblings who were the result of...previous encounters with my mother. one had a dad who was murdered in a field during a bad drug deal; that's my brother. he's still alive.

my sister was raised by an asshole until my mother took them away from him and moved them away. that shit took a lot of guts on mom's part. she grew up poor, but went and made a successful life.

nevertheless, my sister had to deal with what i think was probably ptsd, and my brother too. for whatever reason, my brother was able to overcome, but she wasn't. he slipped into coke, and he got out of it. she slipped into meth. that eventually killed her. she got branded as a felon for having just a bit too much, and yeah, i was an uncle at 8 years old because she hung out with disreputable people and made a mistake. meanwhile, mom was a massive success in commercial real estate. she tried her best, and still couldn't fix the shit that happened. my sister died last year, and fuck you, dude for not even trying to understand what people are going through. her two kids are screwed up due to her addiction. she died because of it. and she was the son of a sheriff. my niece and nephew...i don't even know. i hope they are doing well. they don't return my calls. but i have no doubt there are significant mental issues there. my nephew was once put in custody of the state because the police were called when he was naked on the front lawn while my sister languished in a meth coma. bootstraps, right? 

you don't fucking get how hard some people have it. i had it easy. i went to decent schools, i went to texas, and i have a decent job. a lot of that is due to hard work, but i got fucking lucky to have the job i've got. ask @staboner to whom i really owe everything. i just made an appeal and got a chance. i've taken advantage. but i also got lucky because my mom figured shit out. she and my dad raised me pretty well, i reckon. 

but not everyone has that experience or that opportunity.

we earn our shit, but we also need the opportunity, and that's where the luck comes in. 

my sister is dead because of choices she made. but she was also a product of a shitty dad who my mom had to decide to leave. and people are complicated, and sometimes that takes longer than it should.

your simple fucking view of life is why people vote republican or make fun of joe biden. 

finish high school. my mom did that. but just that.

she also got pregnant before 25. regardless, she became a glass ceiling buster in the 80s in fucking dallas of all places. but still, there were ghosts. 

i don't think she did drugs, but who are we to point fingers? we ruin people's lives for drugs, which is what happened to my sister. never got a real job after her time at gatesville. fuck you, dude. she was an addict, and people like you take glee in the ruination of their lives. "shouldn't have done that" with no fucking context. 

haha the stories about your family always give me a chuckle, even when the chuckle is not the issue dude. you are always open to new information and always attempting to self-reflect, communicate openly, and all with as little ego as possible. that is an incredible talent set my man. there is a reason you have achieved (with legs too). hi to your lovely fam.

its the age old left v right. sadly, i think everyone is right, but my leanings tend to be more towards compassion and understanding than just free will and individual accountability. but hey, i ain't no family planner so what do i know

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Well the problem is Donkey / Monkey / Turkey starts out good enough but always goes off the rails at some point.  He begins with shit a lot of us don't agree with but presents it in good faith, makes his points, etc and all is fine.  Then he'll get bored and find some stupid ass issue to go full regard over and dig his heels in.  As the negs start flying he'll start whining about how he's on his last legs in the forum because the cabal is out to get him.  Eventually he gets run, disappears for a bit then reincarnates himself and the cycle starts over.

In sum, we are still in phase one but probably pushing towards phase two within a couple of weeks.  Within six weeks from now Honkey Vape will be posting his brilliance and we can have some more laughs.

i mean...

tenor (25).gif

lol

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 2

57 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Well the problem is Donkey / Monkey / Turkey starts out good enough but always goes off the rails at some point.  He begins with shit a lot of us don't agree with but presents it in good faith, makes his points, etc and all is fine.  Then he'll get bored and find some stupid ass issue to go full regard over and dig his heels in.  As the negs start flying he'll start whining about how he's on his last legs in the forum because the cabal is out to get him.  Eventually he gets run, disappears for a bit then reincarnates himself and the cycle starts over.

In sum, we are still in phase one but probably pushing towards phase two within a couple of weeks.  Within six weeks from now Honkey Vape will be posting his brilliance and we can have some more laughs.

Facts.

Is there opportunity for growth? Improbable. 

• Hook 'Em 1

"Sounds like your kids are silver spoon, entitled freeloaders."
I block this troll but this was the quote I read in fatty's response where he quoted it. Fatty didn't take it as a joke and it was in regards to him paying for his kid's college. Looks like reading comprehension is a challenge for you. aggy will aggy though.
Stop being a pussy that was a joke.

@fattyflattie I appreciate your conversation here honestly. Not a UT grad but got some loans. Grew up poor on food stamps and section 8, not sure I would be where I'm at without my parents having that assistance but I'm doing alright. Looking back I had some friends that took advantage of those programs but they are not in the norm. Those programs really matter and help a kid growing up.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

There were a number of reasons I repped your post, but this stands out.

He must be using a name generator or something.

Stop being a pussy that was a joke.

[mention=205]fattyflattie[/mention] I appreciate your conversation here honestly. Not a UT grad but got some loans. Grew up poor on food stamps and section 8, not sure I would be where I'm at without my parents having that assistance but I'm doing alright. Looking back I had some friends that took advantage of those programs but they are not in the norm. Those programs really matter and help a kid growing up.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I have family on government assistance. Step sister got out of a bad situation. She has three kids and a high school education. She works and does the best she can. If we can spend $1.2 trillion on a failed / shitty plane, we can take care of our lower income / poor.
No one should starve in this country. At least California made it illegal to throw away perfectly good food.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, mchookem said:

it's not really a zero sum game though.

i mean if i went thru something difficult and had to really struggle to do it, and got to the other side and was all "man that sucked'...i just don't think i'm going to resent someone who can get to the same spot thru an improvement in the process. someone else benefiting from a progressive policy that didn't come along until after i could have benefitted from it doesn't make me think that person is undeserving or that life is unfair and i have been shortchanged somehow...it makes me think 'well its about time they fixed/improved that!'

Okay but that’s only part of it, keep playing the song out to the end of the tape, if you will.

Now that person who benefitted has the ability to put $50k down to buy the starter house you wanted or to start the business that you had an idea for, but you’ve put your finite resource (money via income) into something that nobody else will have to so you don’t have the savings. Now they will have an exponential advantage on wealth building than you could ever have.

I guess you can argue the experience and discomfort and struggling and pain of being young and paying off a massive amount of student loans has its own intrinsic reward of character (e.g what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, learned that sacrifices are hard, learned how to struggle with grace or stoicism, etc.), but it would be hard to not see how resentment and bitterness would have to exist in a normal, average human condition. That is why I think there should be some program or rebate or enablement for those in the last 20 or 30 years who can prove by documentation that they paid off student loans that would otherwise have been forgiven. And if you are in default or not current on student loans you aren’t eligible for forgiveness.

Edited by TurkeyChew
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Almost. Truly the only reason I’ve ever been banned is because there are two very mediocre-minded posters who I won’t name, who would follow me around and spend their time negging every post going back months, regardless of content or context, as a way to censure and in an effort to censor. That is now not allowed because a) it is harassment and b) allowing a couple of nobodies to dictate and curate who is allowed to post and what, based on their insecure whims, leads to a weak board. 

This is why the reincarnated names followed the same basic syntax: “Animal ending in -key + tobacco product”. I was not hiding anything but rather picking up where I left off and choosing a name to obviously let everyone know who I am instead of trying to hide. That is also why it’s always been super hilarious to me when posters would react like they just cracked the DiVinci Code or the Zodiac Killer cryptogram whenever they would excitedly post to everyone “it’s DonkeyCigars! I’ve figured it out!” 

So while you are right in that 99% I’m a good faith poster who represents an opposite POV and I can sometimes get dug in or go overboard and start being petty and personally insulting which results in a fair hand slapping, my place on this board was and is never at jeopardy outside of two small peasant posters who don’t engage in healthy debate, mostly because they don’t have the horses to. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Lmao you continue to show your ass and build a case for a spot on the Mount Rushmore of dumbest posters on this entire site, including even the football board.

Yes, Putin is encroaching on Ukraine out of the blue, emboldened by Biden’s presidency. This has not been building for nearly a decade and our lord and savior Donald J Trump, noted for his hardline stance on Russian aggression would have prevented this!

I’d love to hear how exactly you think this should be handled.
He can't and he won't be able to defend it. Bravo is a troll.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Lmao you continue to show your ass and build a case for a spot on the Mount Rushmore of dumbest posters on this entire site, including even the football board.

Yes, Putin is encroaching on Ukraine out of the blue, emboldened by Biden’s presidency. This has not been building for nearly a decade and our lord and savior Donald J Trump, noted for his hardline stance on Russian aggression would have prevented this!

I’d love to hear how exactly you think this should be handled.
He can't and he won't be able to defend it. Bravo is a troll.

46 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

Okay but that’s only part of it, keep playing the song out to the end of the tape, if you will.

Now that person who benefitted has the ability to put $50k down to buy the starter house you wanted or to start the business that you had an idea for, but you’ve put your finite resource (money via income) into something that nobody else will have to so you don’t have the savings. Now they will have an exponential advantage on wealth building than you could ever have.

I guess you can argue the experience and discomfort and struggling and pain of being young and paying off a massive amount of student loans has its own intrinsic reward of character (e.g what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, learned that sacrifices are hard, learned how to struggle with grace or stoicism, etc.), but it would be hard to not see how resentment and bitterness would have to exist in a normal, average human condition. That is why I think there should be some program or rebate or enablement for those in the last 20 or 30 years who can prove by documentation that they paid off student loans that would otherwise have been forgiven. And if you are in default or not current on student loans you aren’t eligible for forgiveness.

I understand how you can FEEL that way, but that's pretty ridiculous.  I mean I can kind of understand a case for reparations in the case of slavery, but reparations due to policy changes?  How about I get compensated for all those years of high interest rates and taxes that I paid, since nobody has to deal with those now?  Or the mortgage forgiveness thing around 2008, after I did the responsible thing and paid all my shit on time while others got a handout/freebie? 

Just comfort yourself knowing that you were responsible and did the right thing, and stop worrying so much about someone maybe getting a few more crumbs of pie than you did.   

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon