RIP Dan Reeves

GhostOfTomJoad

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I would have guessed he was older.  Not bad, though.  RIP.

That’s young these days. We have parents that are all near that and it’d be jarring to have them pass now. 

5 hours ago, Hate said:

Class act.  He may be the last of the coaches I remember wearing a suit and tie on the sidelines.

Nolan, in a bit, while with San Fran. Related, fuck Mike Nolan. 

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

Always felt bad for him after some of those SB blowouts only to have Denver win B2B after he was fired.  

He and Elway couldn’t get along. Was really hoping for a Dirty Bird Super Bowl win. RIP to a successful football lifer. 

Edited by Porterhouse

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

RIP to an all-time great.  I remember Doomsday....

Willie,

Lilly,

Jethro, and,

George.

I saw 'em in old Busch Stadium St. Louis when I was a kid. Saw them get on the bus after the game after my sister and I wandered around lost. 

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Reeves was one of my favorite of the OG Cowboys. About half his career playing he was a “player-coach”. Same as Landry was with the Giants. Hard to imagine that in todays game.

Should be in the HoF.

I don't really give a damn about the Pro Football Hall of Fame, but I just assumed Dan Reeves would be in it.  Looked it up and apparently he is not.  That's a Got Damn travesty.

5 minutes ago, PhillyD said:

I don't really give a damn about the Pro Football Hall of Fame, but I just assumed Dan Reeves would be in it.  Looked it up and apparently he is not.  That's a Got Damn travesty.

I thought he was in too. NFL is way behind on getting some deserving people into the Hall.

2 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Bill Cowher had a pedestrian career (player) and wasn't near the coach Reeves was. He's in the HOF. 

But Dan Reeves doesn't wear a scowl and is therefore not intense.  

(says the casual football fan who doesn't know shit about football - sensitive subject with me)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PhillyD said:

But Dan Reeves doesn't wear a scowl and is therefore not intense.  

(says the casual football fan who doesn't know shit about football - sensitive subject with me)

Agree. Dan Reeves should be in HOF. He was not a blow hard loud mouth like many. Was a hard nosed mf'er.  He was cut from the same cloth as Tom Landry. Believe he once said Coach Landry was the reason for wearing a suit on sideline. 

My first thought hearing of his death was the half back pass against Green Bay.

Fuck GB!

RIP Dan Reeves.