2022 Transfer TE Jahleel Billingsley

Big Woodrows

This sounds like a huge get, and I think immamac still has an extra seat at the Spring Banquet ;) 

This is awesome, for all the talent we've had a TE recently, just couldn't seem to get much production from the position.  

I know many of y'all are jammed up about Cowboys sucking or whatever...but this is fantastic news and I'm starting to give a shit about UT football again between the transfer portal and the HS recruiting class.  Feel like it's gonna be a particularly long off-season though.  

Me too.  I didn't even know the Cowboys were playing.  I was out back before I logged back on, pruning for brush pickup and my back neighbor had the game on and took himself and his dog out before that last possession and went on a tirade on his phone with a friend that made my wife call the kids back inside.  I couldn't stop laughing though.  I thought I had a dirty mouth.  Sounds like Dallas was making a great comeback but some shit went sideways in the 4Q.  Ah well, back to UT football like God intended.  I'm sure Jerry Jones will somehow turn this false hope of a season into another way to fleece fans.

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

We just got a guy who is actually a draftable talent at TE for the first time in a decade (and the first TE with pro potential as a receiving threat since Jermichael Finley, who signed at Texas before the 2023 class was even born), and someone is bitching?  Wow.  

Some people choose weird sacred cows on the recruiting board.  Don’t give up on Hudson Card, but poo poo taking Billingsley!

Swaim!!!!

His blocking was pretty bad this year. Awful at times. 

But his upside is through the roof. You're typically not going to get guys who are great at everything from Alabama. Those guys are busy preparing for the draft. 

But he has work to do to get engaged again and approach his ceiling. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Can this guy block?   I'm wondering because we are always complaining about our TE's not being able to block.  this guy looks almost like a WR physically.

Not well.  They apparently tried to bulk him up this year.  It didn’t go well.  We should try to get the weight back off.  

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

But his upside is through the roof. You're typically not going to get guys who are great at everything from Alabama. Those guys are busy preparing for the draft. 

yeah, I mean its good to have a plus athletic pass catching TE.  we haven't had TE's that can block or athletic ones that can catch so I'm good with having at least one side covered.

4 hours ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Meh.

We got a TE who couldn’t stay out of Saban’s doghouse.

Yippee.

My cousin lives in Alabama, and a big Bama fan…..he sent this to me earlier after the announcement:

Hey Cuz..Just saw where you guys getting Billingsley from Bama. Hope Sark can get more out of him than Saban did. He stayed in Saban's doghouse and killed us in the National Championship game missing blocks and dropping passes. Hopefully he'll get it together there. 

Hopefully, a change will do us all good.  FWIW.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

My cousin lives in Alabama, and a big Bama fan…..he sent this to me earlier after the announcement:

Hey Cuz..Just saw where you guys getting Billingsley from Bama. Hope Sark can get more out of him than Saban did. He stayed in Saban's doghouse and killed us in the National Championship game missing blocks and dropping passes. Hopefully he'll get it together there. 

Hopefully, a change will do us all good.  FWIW.

So your cousin didn't watch the 2020 season?

This.
I would doubt that he’s being brought here to protect QE, but give him another target who is SEC ready and knows Sark’s offense. It’s a win win pick up if he shows up and works hard. Kid gets open.

10 hours ago, Junior Bonner said:

Important contributor for the Titans this year. 

Seriously. 

Huge Titans fan, here. Swaim and Foreman were both instrumental in the Titans securing the #1 seed in the AFC. It was fun/surreal watching 2 Horns carry our team, considering there aren't really any other UT offensive players in the NFL that are currently worth a shit.   

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, TexasPride10 said:

Huge Titans fan, here. Swaim and Foreman were both instrumental in the Titans securing the #1 seed in the AFC. It was fun/surreal watching 2 Horns carry our team, considering there aren't really any other UT offensive players in the NFL that are currently worth a shit.   

Duvernay

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, hookemATL said:

I look forward to his 18 catches for 237 yards and 2 TDs in the season opener before the UT-TE Curse takes its pound of flesh via bubonic plague or spontaneous combustion or falling anvil or some other twist of fate. 🤘

If he's an H Back for Sark's offense does that avoid the TE curse?