Texas at Texas Tech Tuesday Feb 1st, 2022 ESPN2 8pm CT

LTtxfan

2 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

He was certainly blowing up Adams' phone about it and told him that we'd never hire him because he was too old and boring. I get why he was doing it, he wanted Adams with him, but he was kind of a dick about it. I think Adams took exception to being gaslit instead of being talked to like an adult.

Dare I say it - this Tech fan-fic might be better than the OU fan-fic.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I hope everyone is emotionally prepared for the horns down and I hope I don’t see anyone whining about it. We know it’s coming from the sand aggy fan base. I’m interested in seeing how our team responds to a real hostile environment tonight.

I don't know one Texas fan that gives a shit about horns-down.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I hope everyone is emotionally prepared for the horns down and I hope I don’t see anyone whining about it. We know it’s coming from the sand aggy fan base. I’m interested in seeing how our team responds to a real hostile environment tonight.

We get that shit from everyone that ever plays us. I think the team will be prepared 

3 hours ago, CheesePie said:

I keep reading that Tech fans are astronomically butt hurt not because Beard left Lubbock for UT but because of the way he left. Can someone connect the dots for me? I know he met CDC at a McDonald’s or something… is that it? To me it seems like these cry babies are grasping at straws to justify why their feelings are hurt. What are the concrete facts that make Beard’s decision such a moral abomination?

edit: weird timing with the above post.

Here’s what a Tech fan shared elsewhere. The parting between Beard and Adams was more acrimonious than reported:

“Beard ran everyone off and told recruits not to come to Tech. He left us with like 4 players. Took nearly the entire basketball staff with him saying they wouldn’t have jobs if they didn’t get on the plane to Austin. After Adams refused to get on the plane he ran him down to in order to beat him down to get on the plane. Saying he was too old, Tech would never hire him, and some other things. Adams basically stopped taking his calls so he had his agent and others calling him.

The man even stole our computers and only returned them wiped clean of all basketball related information after we threatened legal action. He deleted our own footage, etc. Pretty sure he took the ice cube trays as well.

But the national media wants us to honor him.”

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Here’s what a Tech fan shared elsewhere. The parting between Beard and Adams was more acrimonious than reported:

“Beard ran everyone off and told recruits not to come to Tech. He left us with like 4 players. Took nearly the entire basketball staff with him saying they wouldn’t have jobs if they didn’t get on the plane to Austin. After Adams refused to get on the plane he ran him down to in order to beat him down to get on the plane. Saying he was too old, Tech would never hire him, and some other things. Adams basically stopped taking his calls so he had his agent and others calling him.

The man even stole our computers and only returned them wiped clean of all basketball related information after we threatened legal action. He deleted our own footage, etc. Pretty sure he took the ice cube trays as well.

Lol that looks like a texags post if I ever saw one. Who the fuck believes that shit?

• Hook 'Em 7

3 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I'm sure that is ridiculous fan-fic but I do like that Tech is so technologically illiterate that Beard "wiping clean" the computers and "deleting their own footage" off his laptop would be an issue.

6 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Even if all of that is true, and I have no idea, they've clearly reconciled since so it's not a big deal either way.

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Lol that looks like a texags post if I ever saw one. Who the fuck believes that shit?

LOL...I'm a Tech fan and that account is too ridiculous to believe.  I do believe that Beard gave Adams the hard, hard sale to join him, and I imagine he was miffed when Adams chose not to, but got over it (I assume that, because they were friends for too long and I think Beard is now genuinely happy for Adams).  I do believe that Beard recruited some of the players to join him.  That's it.  The rest of that is fiction.

“When you look from the big picture, I’m getting to coach at my alma mater and he’s getting to coach at his,” Adams said Wednesday at the T-Mobile Center. “We’ve got to remember, Texas Tech and Texas has always been a great rivalry. Maybe this will add a little more fuel to the fire, because the fans like to do that.” 

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

narrator:  it's not true.

Yeah I mean that's kind of my point. Even if Beard did put the screws to Adams on the way out, the goal was to get him to Austin, not to ruin his life or something.

Most of this shit is just people blowing relatively normal transition shit out of proportion.

15 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Why in the world would you believe any of this. These people are mentally unstable. 

6 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Yeah I mean that's kind of my point. Even if Beard did put the screws to Adams on the way out, the goal was to get him to Austin, not to ruin his life or something.

Most of this shit is just people blowing relatively normal transition shit out of proportion.

or maybe Beard and Adams played it up(not to the level of the fiction in the post of course) to help get Adams the gig...

34 minutes ago, Satchel said:

ok if beard took the fucking ice cube trays the response of the tech fanbase has been 100% justified.  my bad insinuating otherwise earlier, i had no idea this ran so deep.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Seems Legit Martin Freeman GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TexArcher said:

I have a bad feeling some shit's gonna go down tonight.

If you told me right now that we're gonna lose the game but we'll get out of there without anybody injured or suspended, I'd take it.

Worst thing that's gonna happen is the crowd will get rowdy. Most of the players on our team don't even know Chris Beard, much less have any reason to hate him.

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I have a bad feeling some shit's gonna go down tonight.

If you told me right now that we're gonna lose the game but we'll get out of there without anybody injured or suspended, I'd take it.

I worry a bit as well. My worry is more about idiocy from the fans though as this level of vitriol is a bit much. I’m hoping nothing is thrown on the court

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I posted back when I knew Texas had landed Beard that the holdup in the announcement was that Beard was trying to make sure all of his buddies had jobs. There is a connection with the ACU staff and numerous other vacancies in the state. Within that plan was Adams getting the Tech job. Connections run deep at Tech, Texas, UTEP, ACU and even Texas A&M CC. Pretty cool coaching fraternity

This is all great. Seriously, the animosity, the arguing, the rumors, the build-up, the Tech students camping out for days and giving the finger to the 'Horns team bus with Beard riding up front, it's all wonderful for both programs, the Big 12, and for college basketball in general. 

Most people watching college hoops tonight will be watching this game. Let's hope it lives up to its billing (probably won't but, eh, there will be more).

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Jfc man just say you believed the Texags fake report. You’ve responded twice now with the “I’m not saying it is or isn’t true” schtick. Just own you’re a tech tard sand aggy and we can all move on. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Worst thing that's gonna happen is the crowd will get rowdy. Most of the players on our team don't even know Chris Beard, much less have any reason to hate him.

15 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I worry a bit as well. My worry is more about idiocy from the fans though as this level of vitriol is a bit much. I’m hoping nothing is thrown on the court

Yeah, I'm not too worried about on-court shenanigans.  I'm worried about Beard or someone else on the bench taking a battery or coin to the eye, or one of our players reacting to something and going into the stands.

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, I'm not too worried about on-court shenanigans.  I'm worried about Beard or someone else on the bench taking a battery or coin to the eye, or one of our players reacting to something and going into the stands.

Brock is gonna rip off his shorts to reveal his jorts and fight them all. 

11 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Jfc man just say you believed the Texags fake report. You’ve responded twice now with the “I’m not saying it is or isn’t true” schtick. Just own you’re a tech tard sand aggy and we can all move on. 

Look you stupid knuckle dragging retard, I'm saying it's probably true he pressured him to come with him (which is perfectly fine and normal) and that some people are blowing that out of proportion to be something it's not. 

God damn please rub your two remaining brain cells together harder so you can build up enough electrical charge to generate a cogent thought of your own.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

Yeah he set the thermostat to 80 and took all the towels too, right Coach O??

• Hook 'Em 1