Texas at Texas Tech Tuesday Feb 1st, 2022 ESPN2 8pm CT

LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

No way. Guaranteed they’ve got enough security to keep that from happening. But I have a bad feeling about tonight’s game. Students won’t rush the court if their team loses. :(

The slide in the line for the game agrees with you.  This much hype definitely sets the game up for an upset.

11 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

If you don't see these things you either don't pay attention to basketball or are willfully blind. And I think that is the case for many Longhorns where basketball is concerned, unfortunately. He never addressed the tech fanbase when he left.  A simple "thanks for the memories" speech would have prevented most of the vitriol.  He bailed on UNLV without every really showing up at all.  It's a pattern.  As for lying, he misled both the administration and the donors right up till he called them from Austin.  All of this is public information.  Dude is not a decent guy.  That's okay.  He wasn't hired to be a decent guy.  But I understand why tech fans hate him.  He's also been masterful at working the media.  One of the most image driven coaches I've ever seen.  This can be a great thing when it's in your favor.  But look at that tweet posted above of the life-size bobble head doll of himself Beard ordered with athletic department money before he skipped town for Austin.  That's the ego we're working with here.  When things are going well, awesome, but he can turn into a nightmare when things aren't going his way. One minor example: image.png.565619c7c04cef9f34c0076a224a7d64.png

As for Tech having more invested basketball fans than Texas?  Yes, very much so, and it's been that way for a long time going back way before Beard was head coach there.  They hit a slump under Pat Knight, but all in all they've been much more invested in basketball as a community than Texas going back well into the SWC days (when Texas had better fan support than it does now).  Texas will continue to get one-and-done big name recruits and have the occasional success in the tourney, because Texas, but that's not an indication of fan support.  Just reading this forum, and how few post here that know anything about college basketball, especially anything that happened before five to ten years ago, is a solid indicator.  Part of tech's basketball fanbase is probably due to so many miserable years of football, whereas Texas has had a couple of places to hang their hat on that front over the decades at least.  Tech fans can enjoy even a mediocre basketball team.  Then factor in what has happened to Austin in terms of growth. Austin isn't a college town anymore (and hasn't been for a while), which is generally required to fill up basketball games and build energy. Student bodies?  Well, let's just say those kids hurling vulgar epithets at the bus in Lubbock are more likely to produce a rowdy basketball crowd than our collection of engineering and Plan II kids.

If it’s all public I’m sure you could provide us with some reporting on the incidents.

The ego, oh the horror.

Tech the basketball school. I’ve now heard it all.

Bitchmade poster makes bitchmade post part eleventy billion

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

He never addressed the tech fanbase when he left.  A simple "thanks for the memories" speech would have prevented most of the vitriol.

I don't buy this at all. No matter what he said or did would not have placated the Tech fanbase. You guys are grasping at straws to justify your reaction. The fact that Lincoln Riley said all the right things about OU and even cried on the podium when he was announced as the SC coach didn't spare him the vitriol from the OU fanbase. When a highly succeasful coach leaves your program for another program perceived by him as the better career move, it's almost always going evoke such reaction. 

He may have lied to the Tech admins about him leaving but what do you expect? Coaches never announce their plans to leave before a new deal is inked. Again, grasping at straws.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

If you don't see these things you either don't pay attention to basketball or are willfully blind. And I think that is the case for many Longhorns where basketball is concerned, unfortunately. He never addressed the tech fanbase when he left.  A simple "thanks for the memories" speech would have prevented most of the vitriol.  He bailed on UNLV without every really showing up at all.  It's a pattern.  As for lying, he misled both the administration and the donors right up till he called them from Austin.  All of this is public information.  Dude is not a decent guy.  That's okay.  He wasn't hired to be a decent guy.  But I understand why tech fans hate him.  He's also been masterful at working the media.  One of the most image driven coaches I've ever seen.  This can be a great thing when it's in your favor.  But look at that tweet posted above of the life-size bobble head doll of himself Beard ordered with athletic department money before he skipped town for Austin.  That's the ego we're working with here.  When things are going well, awesome, but he can turn into a nightmare when things aren't going his way. One minor example: image.png.565619c7c04cef9f34c0076a224a7d64.png

As for Tech having more invested basketball fans than Texas?  Yes, very much so, and it's been that way for a long time going back way before Beard was head coach there.  They hit a slump under Pat Knight, but all in all they've been much more invested in basketball as a community than Texas going back well into the SWC days (when Texas had better fan support than it does now).  Texas will continue to get one-and-done big name recruits and have the occasional success in the tourney, because Texas, but that's not an indication of fan support.  Just reading this forum, and how few post here that know anything about college basketball, especially anything that happened before five to ten years ago, is a solid indicator.  Part of tech's basketball fanbase is probably due to so many miserable years of football, whereas Texas has had a couple of places to hang their hat on that front over the decades at least.  Tech fans can enjoy even a mediocre basketball team.  Then factor in what has happened to Austin in terms of growth. Austin isn't a college town anymore (and hasn't been for a while), which is generally required to fill up basketball games and build energy. Student bodies?  Well, let's just say those kids hurling vulgar epithets at the bus in Lubbock are more likely to produce a rowdy basketball crowd than our collection of engineering and Plan II kids.

Star Trek No No No GIF by arielle-m

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

don't care got Beard...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

I don't buy this at all. No matter what he said or did would not have placated the Tech fanbase. You guys are grasping at straws to justify your reaction. The fact that Lincoln Riley said all the right things about OU and even cried on the podium when he was announced as the SC coach didn't spare him the vitriol from the OU fanbase. When a highly succeasful coach leaves your program for another program perceived by him as the better career move, it's almost always going evoke such reaction. 

He may have lied to the Tech admins about him leaving but what do you expect? Coaches never announce their plans to leave before a new deal is inked. Again, grasping at straws.

All of this.

Beard could've built a children's hospital in Lubbock on his way out and y'all would've shit on its lawn.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Been amazed at the tech tards that come in here trying to talk about tech basketball. No one gives a fuck. Eat a dick, fuck off and just remember after tonight you still have a degree(lol) from tech. 

Well at least we actually have degrees. Many of us with advanced degrees. 

I got two kids there tonight... Apparently cops went through the line couple hours ago telling kids to start sobering up or they weren't getting in. 😂

Kids said they hadn't ever seen Lubbock this crazy before a game. The fans will definitely be involved on the game, here's to hoping Texas gets out early and stays there.

1 hour ago, Samson's Wig said:

The butter story came from Fran Fraschilla.  Beard has an ego.  Big deal.  Most coaches do.

@texifornia I know you know where that article is. This fucking clown is attempting to cross the intermediary out of the story and simply act like Fraschilla’s publicly told anything related to the butter story. A little humor and help here. 

1 hour ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

Gonna be a free throw shooting contest.

No way the refs don’t call this game as tight as possible trying to keep it all under control.

that's actually got me entertaining the idea of betting the over (122.5), which seems crazy between these two teams, but i can see these kids being real jacked up and the refs blowing the whistle early and often. 

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

@texifornia I know you know where that article is. This fucking clown is attempting to cross the intermediary out of the story and simply act like Fraschilla’s publicly told anything related to the butter story. A little humor and help here. 

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1srl6r2

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Deej said:

If Tech is so great, why are their fans posting here?

Not once in my existence have a felt the desire to post on an opposing team's board.

Because Chris Beard took down their one BBS on his way out.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Imagine how our first game with aggy in college station will be. Fake stories galore on texfags and the student body will be 1000% worse than the dorks from lubcock 

We should trot Justin Tucker out for the game winner.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Beard gonna shave his head if we win? Would have been funnier if Beard shaved his.....Beard with a win

5 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

So, Beard said he'd shave his head if Horns win at Lubbock tonight....this should be interesting....maybe.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Pretty sure it was on their “viva the matadors” sb nation site, but I don’t know how to navigate that place to find year old posts/articles.