Goddamn pervert tried to abduct 8 year old in my neighborhood

Armybrat

About sundown yesterday an 8 year old girl went around the corner from her house to get the mail out of the communal boxes  near the intersection of Pocono & O'Connor. in Brushy Creek. Some slimeball in a BMW tried to grab her by the arm & told her to get in his car, but luckily she broke away & ran home.

I sincerely hope a good Samaritan puts a bullet in his head before he can hurt anyone.

My neighborhood has been almost crime free since we moved here 23 years ago, with only a couple of car burglaries on our block in all that time. I hope the other neighbors around the corner are going to start supervising their two little toddlers who have been playing by themselves almost every day in their front yard most of this Spring.

1 minute ago, gsoda3 said:

that's disturbing.  was there a description of the guy?

Yeah...a ridiculously detailed description.

I certainly agree that there ought to be a full and thorough investigation of the claim.  But my "this seems suspicious" antennae are twitching, too.

Saw a story on the news about an 8-year-old almost abducted on the same corner, except it was a guy in a black Honda CRV with a three-to-five inch dent on the front passenger door and a black and orange sticker in the right lower corner on the back window.  Seems like a dangerous neighborhood.

2 minutes ago, Bat Guano said:

Saw a story on the news about an 8-year-old almost abducted on the same corner, except it was a guy in a black Honda CRV with a three-to-five inch dent on the front passenger door and a black and orange sticker in the right lower corner on the back window.  Seems like a dangerous neighborhood.

BMW, CRV, both three letters.  Cut the old guy a break.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

But child abduction isn't funny. I hope you all don't make jokes if a similar incident happens to someone in your neighborhood.

We're laughing at you getting three letters wrong.

As for the report, like I said, I expect it to be thoroughly investigated.  But there's something about the report that doesn't smell right.

3 minutes ago, Chuychanga said:

The news said it was an athletically built black man, in his mid 20s, 5’10” to 6’ and that the 8 year old girl was able to kick him and run away. That is some 8 year old girl...

With a lightning bolt cut into his hair.  And there is a description of specific stickers and dents on the vehicle.  Again, when the report gets THAT specific and detailed, my experience with eyewitness accounts tells me something is fishy.  That, or these are some of the most observant folks I've ever heard of.

A couple in a car asked my daughter a couple of years ago if she needed a ride after she got off the bus (she was 12). She dropped her backpack, ran home, and called us immediately. All she could tell anyone was that it was a white car and the person in the passenger seat was a white man.

They caught the couple a couple of months later in a different but nearby neighborhood. The car was silver but the guy was white so she was fairly close. In a traumatic situation it would be extremely impressive if an 8-year-old kid was able to remember that many details.

Edited by Huckleberry

23 minutes ago, Chuychanga said:

The news said it was an athletically built black man, in his mid 20s, 5’10” to 6’ and that the 8 year old girl was able to kick him and run away. That is some 8 year old girl...

Does Kevin Hart have a show in town this week?

24 minutes ago, Chuychanga said:

So maybe someone who played on the Longhorn defense between 2010 and 2016, judging by his ability to wrap up. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

First, "she is making it up" is exactly what the pervert would say. You turds just made the list.

Second, stranger abductions are very rare, so this person is very unusual and has a real problem. NEEDS TO BE STOPPED.

News said she scratched him and they recovered skin dna from the kids nails, so it sounds pretty credible.

Some kids can be very observant, more so than a lot of adults. Maybe this girl is one of them.

Anyway, violence towards females has been a hot button topic in my family for decades, what with members being victims of mugging, beatings, rape, attempted murder & all.

19 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Some kids can be very observant, more so than a lot of adults. Maybe this girl is one of them.

Anyway, violence towards females has been a hot button topic in my family for decades, what with members being victims of mugging, beatings, rape, attempted murder & all.

My kids notice or remember random stuff that sometimes amazes me.

Anyway, I'm glad she's ok Brat. Hopefully no lasting scars.

Someone posted this on Nextdoor yesterday. I'm near Cedar Park High School:

Person came into our backyard!!!

UPDATED WITH LOCATION **We are at Forest Trail and Cripple Creek intersection I will try to recap this as best as possible for the neighborhood. Today at approx 5:10pm our backdoor was open as my wife was in the office listening to our two boys whom are almost 4 play in the backyard. Suddenly they walked in and calmly described a person “monster” in red shirt was in the backyard and grabbed one of them around the neck. This was some what dismissed at first and played along “ohh a monster?”. They responded by saying yes and he is in the backyard, from other side of the house my oldest son whom is 11 came into the room quickly (he was unaware of the conversation going on with her and the younger boys) and says that there is a man in a red shirt in our backyard. He said he looked up and he was looking around in the yard and saw my son through the window, and walked off. Police were called and they dispatched EMS/Fire department as well to check up on the boy that was grabbed. We are unsure exactly what happened with the younger ones as the story slightly changed, but the oldest is committed someone was there. Description he gave was white male, short kind of spiky hair, and was wearing red shirt and jeans.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

A couple in a car asked my daughter a couple of years ago if she needed a ride after she got off the bus (she was 12). She dropped her backpack, ran home, and called us immediately. All she could tell anyone was that it was a white car and the person in the passenger seat was a white man.

They caught the couple a couple of months later in a different but nearby neighborhood. The car was silver but the guy was white so she was fairly close. In a traumatic situation it would be extremely impressive if an 8-year-old kid was able to remember that many details.

That makes my blood boil. The other day, while I’m coaching boys flag football on the field, the younger siblings of the players play on a playground nearby. The parents watch the game and check on the younger ones from time to time. This couple was talking to all of our younger kids.  One of the dads noticed, noticed they weren’t watching any kid of their own, and just walked over to the playground.  After no words but simple eye contact with my friend, the couple promptly got in their car and took off.

It’s hard to fathom that these people exist. 

one of my sister's friends in elementary school got abducted, raped, and murdered in that way.  she was on the playground while her older brother was playing soccer.  the soccer field was close to the playground, about 30 yards away.  the parents turned around and couldn't find ashley.  took less than five minutes.  

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

I think what this all shows us is that the world is a very scary place and we should all stay at home and watch our television commercials like good Americans.

And urge our representatives to pass more and more criminal and other liberty-infringing laws so we have to clutch our pearls less often, especially the federal ones.

Someone posted this on Nextdoor yesterday. I'm near Cedar Park High School:

Person came into our backyard!!!
UPDATED WITH LOCATION **We are at Forest Trail and Cripple Creek intersection I will try to recap this as best as possible for the neighborhood. Today at approx 5:10pm our backdoor was open as my wife was in the office listening to our two boys whom are almost 4 play in the backyard. Suddenly they walked in and calmly described a person “monster” in red shirt was in the backyard and grabbed one of them around the neck. This was some what dismissed at first and played along “ohh a monster?”. They responded by saying yes and he is in the backyard, from other side of the house my oldest son whom is 11 came into the room quickly (he was unaware of the conversation going on with her and the younger boys) and says that there is a man in a red shirt in our backyard. He said he looked up and he was looking around in the yard and saw my son through the window, and walked off. Police were called and they dispatched EMS/Fire department as well to check up on the boy that was grabbed. We are unsure exactly what happened with the younger ones as the story slightly changed, but the oldest is committed someone was there. Description he gave was white male, short kind of spiky hair, and was wearing red shirt and jeans.

Who the fuck wears red jeans?

8 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I always had a fair amount of stranger-danger when I was a kid.  I remember my mom telling me the story of Adam Walsh who was abducted in a Sears after he had wandered from his mom, and then I saw the TV movie.  That shit freaked me out at a young age.

Yeah, same here. I also remember a program where people put a sign of a hand on their window in neighborhoods to signify it was a safe place to seek help if approached by a stranger.