Rice @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

just now catching up on the dvr. the Faltine and Melendez bombs were 👀. two completely different no-doubt shots. i clocked Faltine's HR at 3.80 seconds from his bat to landing. 

I'm guessing Melendez's has yet to land.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

yeah, he'll have to learn to pace himself as a starter.  not looking to K every guy.

I'm sure he was a bit jacked up starting out.

Oh easily. A year as the gap/set up guy then transitioning to a starter takes a sec to get used to. By conference play he’ll be settled in and ready for 6-8 inning outings. He’s got that Ruffin type demeanor on the mound. Love it 

You can't one and done in baseball...
Unless you mean you hope they don't make a rule change allowing it. 

Yeah, I’m aware. I hope they don’t change it.

The one and done was specific to basketball but now the Portal and transfers make it more difficult for me as a fan to get as excited about the team. The portal will increase one and dones across all sports. My hope is that baseball is not as heavily impacted.

Take Eric Kennedy for example. My guess is some on here woulda replaced him with a one year mercenary, if there was that possibility. And I realize Jucos and Grad transfers have been a thing.

But ultimately this team is built on guys that originally chose Texas. For me, that results in more ownership of the team, if that makes sense.

2 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Messinger swing looks just like Josh Donaldson’s

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Maybe sit on that one, Skyler.

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

He swung at pitch that hit him in the forehead 

Skyler might need his eyesight checked...   WOW

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Only 3 1/2 more innings to go…

the northern teams that have been playing pepper on the basketball court all January do t look as bad as rice pitching has. 

Is there a run rule today? I’d guess not considering they just need to get back to Houston, not Morgantown 

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

So is the run rule in effect since it is a Sunday game or is that only for Big 12 games?

That is a B12 rule but I believe coaches can agree on a run rule. I doubt there is one in place here with it being opening weekend and Rice only having to travel back to Houston.