Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

5 minutes ago, Pods said:

We have had at least two full-time, Russophilic professional trolls pushing dezinformatsiya on this community going back to Shaggy days and they are incredibly toxic to this community. GRUHorn = Immaculate Vibes/Bravo/Caponata        DSA = Fozz/Donkey Cigars/likely bangkok currently. 

We've crowd sourced them dozens of times and they come back immediately, spreading dezinformatsiya with the exact same posting style and shitting up discourse all across the board. Sometimes, they come back with a new sock, sometimes it's an old username that they've cultivated. They often start using a new account while still using the old one.

As posters, we can only do so much and can only do it so fast. It can take us weeks to crowd source them, while it takes them minutes to grab a new account using a VPN and resume trolling.

There is an understandable resistance in this community to owners/mods banning posters still lingering from the HF/blinking envelope days, but professional trolls are using that to poison our community. 

One of the only rules here is no trolling. You own this place, just fucking ban him and then ban everyone of his subsequent usernames when he pulls the same bullshit.  

Instead, the board crowd sourced GRUHorn/Caponata a week or so ago. Someone gave him a shitload of rep points and brought him back to continue spreading more dezinformatsiya. 

We need backup from the site ownership/mods if y'all want a place free of Russian trolling.  

There are and have been trolls on here but you have their identities all wrong. I've personally run one off the site (TCU Fan) because I don't want them on here anymore than anyone else.

Fozz was not a Russian troll but a far leftist American. He got run for speaking ill of Ruth Bader Ginsburg while her body was still warm. He knew far too much about too many Texas and college football things to be a Russian troll, though. I don't think they teach you to wank over Bill Connelly's SP+ ranking system in troll school. I might believe Caponata could be Fozz.

All the (poultry) + (tobacco product) handles trace back to Chrispy, a reprehensible poster on the far right I also don't believe to be a troll.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

You have done yourself no favors. You done pissed her off 

In times like these I ask, What Would Sam Houston Do? And the answer is not quake in my boots at the prospect of Penelope Weatherspoon neg-spree. Especially when she is negging links to Reuters articles about a possible peace deal with the potential to head off ww3. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2
  • Drool 1

17 minutes ago, Pods said:

We have had at least two full-time, Russophilic professional trolls pushing dezinformatsiya on this community going back to Shaggy days and they are incredibly toxic to this community. GRUHorn = Immaculate Vibes/Bravo/Caponata        DSA = Fozz/Donkey Cigars/likely bangkok currently. 

I know that it takes a lot of clicks and shit, but it would be nice if the mods would step in and just address accusations like this directly. 

Edited by Anastasis
it/if as if.

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

There are and have been trolls on here but you have their identities all wrong. I've personally run one off the site (TCU Fan) because I don't want them on here anymore than anyone else.

Fozz was not a Russian troll but a far leftist American. He got run for speaking ill of Ruth Bader Ginsburg while her body was still warm. He knew far too much about too many Texas and college football things to be a Russian troll, though. I don't think they teach you to wank over Bill Connelly's SP+ ranking system in troll school. I might believe Caponata could be Fozz.

All the (poultry) + (tobacco product) handles trace back to Chrispy, a reprehensible poster on the far right I also don't believe to be a troll.

I'll go along with some of this. Fozz is from here as is Chrispy bird tobacco. Is one worse than the other? Do they shitpost?

ARE THEY A GODDAMN NUISANCES ?

Well what defines trolling? We ran Tahoe off. Was he worse?

Goddamn meta bullshit

6 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

raw&f=1&nofb=1

You are amazing. You are somehow continually wrong on every issue back to Charlie Strong. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

In times like these I ask, What Would Sam Houston Do? And the answer is not quake in my boots at the prospect of Penelope Weatherspoon neg-spree. Especially when she is negging links to Reuters articles about a possible peace deal with the potential to head off ww3. 

Reuters gets out over their skis. Much like I do sometimes. Zelensky ain't giving up shit. That much I know. 

But yeah you piss her off and it's neg on sight.

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I know that it takes a lot of clicks and shit, but it would be nice if the mods would step in and just address accusations like this directly. 

You are a smart enough dude to see it too, but they agree with you, so you look the other way. Like you do on so many other things. 

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I think his premise is that Putin, a man who has recently repeatedly threatened the use of chemical and nuclear weapons in Ukraine (and Finland and Sweden, etc) might see Biden’s words and decide to do that which he has already promised to do. 

I doubt the message was for Putin, but for Generals mad at the needless slaughter of troops and the loss of their reputation, and to everyone Oligarch-ish who are losing their $$ ass who might want it to stop.  Dunno. 

This is it.  

Just now, Pods said:

You are a smart enough dude to see it too, but they agree with you, so you look the other way. Like you do on so many other things. 

I am smart enough to track that the posters you are citing at least appear to me to have different posting styles and areas of interest. I think that you are conflating different posters. But maybe I am wrong. Maybe the mods could do a better job of stepping in when posters like you make these kind of accusations.  This takes place far too much on this sub.    

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

I've offered to help.  I am willing to do the clicks required to snuff out the pernicious socks and VPN'd russian bot accounts, and would do so with full transparency. 

I think it would be worthwhile, if it could be done accurately.  That tech is beyond my pay grade.  

I see a marked difference between legit disagreement and obvious trolling.  I encourage the former.  The latter is just a ridiculous headwind.

2 hours ago, immamac said:

Can you mother fuckers crowd source this clown already? 

Didn't you tell BeauVine that negging every post by certain poster would get his rep taken away?  Not much we can do if that's the case.  

Negging a dying camel is one thing; against a healthy Cape Buffalo it doesn't do much.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Anastasis said:

I am smart enough to track that the posters you are citing at least appear to me to have different posting styles and areas of interest. I think that you are conflating different posters. But maybe I am wrong. Maybe the mods could do a better job of stepping in when posters like you make these kind of accusations.  This takes place far too much on this sub.    

I tend to agree with you. I do strongly suspect that Chrispy is the same person as Donkey/Turkey, and I also suspect that Bravo is of the tjhooker lineage but most other accusations seem pretty tenuous. Fozz had a fairly distinct voice. I think there may have been one sock created right after fozz was sourced, @lmao, but I think that account was also sourced fairly quickly.

But all of these users seemed pretty domestic. Pegging them as Russian trolls is certainly possible but doesn't seem likely to me. 

I also think sock creation is not nearly as prevalent as accusation, which does not lead to a lot of productive conversation.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bangkok said:

this is a great post, thank you for that.

i'm in full agreement ukraine deserves democracy and peace - as any country who seeks that, does too.

i also agree it's clear which side most of the misinformation is coming from. 

my point is that it's also important to look at the other side to gain some sense of understanding.

we largely agree.

i'm also in agreement that we shouldn't be allowing putin to dictate the outcome of this.

he's backed in a corner, he's desperate, that's probably good but fuck is it dangerous too.

give the man an out.

if we don't do that, i think the loss of life and repercussions are at risk of becoming significantly worse if we continue to provide an endless supply of weapons to ukraine. i'd love to see a diplomatic end to this as soon as possible.

on a slightly different note, i'd also like to ask why now is where the line in the sand must be drawn? clearly we've watched the buildup of troops for months and did very little. and for years his ambitions were met with very little resistance.

now clearly putin is unhinged and overestimated his capabilities and western response. i'd love to see him fuck off and minimize loss of life and end the war. 

right now it appears we're content with buckling down and continuing this for months, with great risk of escalation. i find that troubling.

what's the best case scenario in your view?

Great troll post.  Very well written for the people who are your target audience.  Your points almost seems reasonable.  Negged.

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

it should be clear at this point that bangkok is an AI bot

bangkok, what is your connection to the 40?

I wouldn't mind knowing this myself.  Who was the football coach when you were getting your degree here?

Edited by Bullneck

I don't think paid Russian trolls waste their time on a regional sports' message board when Twitter and Facebook exist. There are just lots of idiots out there and people who troll for the love of the game who unknowingly carry the water for said trolls.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I don't think paid Russian trolls waste their time on a regional sports' message board when Twitter and Facebook exist. There are just lots of idiots out there and people who troll for the love of the game who unknowingly carry the water for said trolls.

They're on message boards all across the country, in addition to Facebook and Twitter. This is the largest political board in the state of Texas. 

6 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Great troll post.  Very well written for the people who are your target audience.  Your points almost seems reasonable.  Negged.

I wouldn't mind knowing this myself.  Who was the football coach when you were getting your degree here?

Fuck8ng Fred

Goddammit. I had to remember that shit.

FUCK GEORGIA

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Sometimes you’ll see identical post here and on Tigerdroppings at the same time.  It wouldn’t take long to cut and paste through a bunch of boards and catch a pretty big cross section of folks

All this is going to do is make him not so obvious to catch in the future, but his posting style is fucking obvious enough on it's own. 

GRUHorn is Immaculate Vibes

In response to me calling him out at GRUHorn. 

GRUHorn is Caponata, again in response to me calling him out. 

1 minute ago, Pods said:

Jesus you are a super sleuth. BTW, there

3 minutes ago, Pods said:

All this is going to do is make him not so obvious to catch in the future, but his posting style is fucking obvious enough on it's own. 

In response to me calling him out at GRUHorn. 

GRUHorn is Caponata, again in response to me calling him out. 

Mods, this should be pretty easy to confirm, yes?

Socks intended to mislead and amplify one voice should get perma banned on sight.  I could care a lot less about iterative handles created after crowd sourcing cause you have dipshits like Penelope spam negging, but a poster using multiple socks in a single thread to amplify perspective should be a pretty straight forward kill shot. 

• Hook 'Em 3

32 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

I tend to agree with you. I do strongly suspect that Chrispy is the same person as Donkey/Turkey, and I also suspect that Bravo is of the tjhooker lineage but most other accusations seem pretty tenuous. Fozz had a fairly distinct voice. I think there may have been one sock created right after fozz was sourced, @lmao, but I think that account was also sourced fairly quickly.

But all of these users seemed pretty domestic. Pegging them as Russian trolls is certainly possible but doesn't seem likely to me. 

I also think sock creation is not nearly as prevalent as accusation, which does not lead to a lot of productive conversation.

I don’t know about that but Anastasis is totally pro-Trump and pro-Russia.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Negging me over Zelinskyy discussing a peace deal? I know you are a spree negger but do you care to discuss to the contents of the article? God, you are such a brat. 

Negged because of your little addition of light at the end of the tunnel.  You are the one pushing the narrative that Putin went after Ukraine due to aggression by NATO/EU.  Get fucked.  Your position here is fucking wrong.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

For those of you who don't think Russian trolls are haunting anything, but Facebook and Twitter, they are a gigantic problem on Reddit that the Senate Intel Committee is currently investigating. 

https://www.mediamatters.org/maga-trolls/russian-propaganda-rampant-reddit-heres-why-matters

https://www.reddit.com/r/announcements/comments/827zqc/in_response_to_recent_reports_about_the_integrity/#bottom-comments

As it relates to actual Russia accounts on Reddit. We have found a few hundred accounts through a variety of means. The vast majority of these accounts were rejected by our communities back in 2015–2016 before Russia was even a topic of conversation. Our spam filters, community rules against self-promotion, and moderators banned nearly all of them. I don't want to give the impression the work stops there. That's what we've seen so far, and we're still looking deeply.

As for propaganda (Russian or otherwise, and there was plenty of American propaganda to go around) hosted elsewhere that was amplified by real organic users, we’ve seen a lot of that, both on Reddit and elsewhere. Reddit is a huge place with thousands of communities and opinions. That's both what makes us special and what creates conflict. That's not to say there isn't plenty of work for us: we will continue to invest in better tooling, both for our internal teams and for moderators; we'll continue to ensure our voting systems aren't being manipulated; and we'll continue grow our teams so we can enforce our policies at scale.

As @immamac has pointed out a bunch, this is the largest politics board in the state of Texas. Texas is the buckle that is currently holding up the GOP belt right now. Keeping it red is a top priority.

You're out of your mind if you don't think we're being targeted. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

chrispy is almost definitely the animal + tobacco guy. I don’t think he is duplicitous just dense

immaculate vibes and caponata have almost exact posting styles although the caponata sock claims to be a leftist. They post about the same things with the same cadence and syntax and are always anti Biden. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

Well fuck man I guess we just need to let Russia have Ukraine in that case

No. Putin is a despot and a butcher. Posting about say civil rights issues in Ukraine does not make one a Putin supporter or Russian agent or whatever. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

9 minutes ago, Caponata said:

Who gives a shit?

Some of the things that Ukrainians have done since this started wouldn't please the leftist PC San Francisco mob but does it really matter?  Not every person in every country does everything to perfection under perfect circumstances, but not doing so doesn't negate their humanity or right to live free.  Did you want Texas to lose the Alamo Bowl because Case filmed people having sex?

That fact that you are trying to use this as a wedge issue means you are really stupid or obtuse or a troll. 

1 minute ago, Caponata said:

No. Putin is a despot and a butcher. Posting about say civil rights issues in Ukraine does not make one a Putin supporter or Russian agent or whatever. 

Then why did you post it?

Edited by Bullneck
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

chrispy is almost definitely the animal + tobacco guy. I don’t think he is duplicitous just dense

immaculate vibes and caponata have almost exact posting styles although the caponata sock claims to be a leftist. They post about the same things with the same cadence and syntax and are always anti Biden. 

Do an IP check? Yeah I've criticized Biden for being against progressive policies. I've praised his handling of the war so far. Ok? Why is that bad? 

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Caponata said:

Maybe end the existential threat to the country and then work on individual rights for minority groups. 

or be subversive on a longhorn sports board

same same

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Don't take it to heart, Penelope. At least our hormones get better, low T just stays with a guy year in and year out.

Oh I don't.  Part of the reason the neg button is here is to show idiots that they are indeed idiots without engaging them.  If they get upset about it, they are massive pussies. 

But it's pretty funny how people just casually drop their misogynist bullshit at the few female posters who have deigned to stay here.  I feel for their wives and daughters.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

That's not how you ferret out a troll. You have to devise a question that is not Googleable. I got rid of TCU Fan by asking him to name a restaurant owned by a famous Horned Frog family in Central Texas. It's obvious to me and I am only aware of TCU players because they played against Texas or chose TCU of Texas in recruiting battles. TCU Fan never posted again. Poof. Gone.

(The answer is Schobel's, which any "TCU Fan" would know,)

40 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Negged because of your little addition of light at the end of the tunnel.  You are the one pushing the narrative that Putin went after Ukraine due to aggression by NATO/EU.  Get fucked.  Your position here is fucking wrong.

Alright, Ms Black Lives Matter Until they Break the Window of My Favorite Boutique.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3