Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

40 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Um, they don't.  Neither does the EU.  There are rules in place, but that quarantine (which at one time was 6 months) is a thing of the past.  I'm shocked you used incorrect information to try and prove an incorrect point.  Holy shut you are dense.

Eyeroll Reaction GIF

Sorry I am not up to date on pet quarantine laws, but for the first 35 or so years of my life, several of which found me living in the UK, this quarantine was in place despite its complete and utter irrationality. (Beyond a week or two.)

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Reckless language from the President. 

This is fucking stupid. Yeah, the President probably shouldn't be stating these things publicly, but Putin knows damn well what we'd prefer to happen based on our actions and I'm sure what we've been saying behind closed doors. Do you think he reads/watches this and says, "Oh fuck! Biden wants me out. Time to ready the nukes!"

• Hook 'Em 2

I continue to believe nothing Joe Biden (or any western leader) can say will stop Putin.  What will stop Putin is (a) success (temporarily) or (b) a bullet in the back of the head.  That's it.

He doesn't give a fuck about western posturing, because he knows we are loathe to invade, or use chemical weapons, or God forbid nukes.  So, he's pushing on.  Fortunately enough, he's a horrible military tactician/strategist, and he's getting his army's ass kicked on several fronts, but ultimately Russia will likely prevail if he isn't assassinated.

That's where we are.  Worrying about Joe Biden's "inflammatory" language is fucking stupid, and chickenshit to boot.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This is fucking stupid. Yeah, the President probably shouldn't be stating these things publicly, but Putin knows damn well what we'd prefer to happen based on our actions and I'm sure what we've been saying behind closed doors. Do you think he reads/watches this and says, "Oh fuck! Biden wants me out. Time to ready the nukes!"

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That's where we are.  Worrying about Joe Biden's "inflammatory" language is fucking stupid, and chickenshit to boot.

Let’s see what a well connected professional thinks, versus internet foreign policy experts. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 18

42 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Wait a minute ... So Russia calls for “regime change” in Ukraine, launches a massive invasion to effect it, and it’s a reckless for Biden to state the 100% correct opinion that Putin has to go?

Go fuck yourself. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Wait a minute ... So Russia calls for “regime change” in Ukraine, launches a massive invasion to effect it, and it’s a reckless for Biden to state the 100% correct opinion that Putin has to go?

Go fuck yourself. 

Well, he has cited a "well connected professional", so checkmate, bitch.

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

It's not rational. Why does England make you quarantine your pets for a full fucking year to ensure they are not rabid?

In Russia's case, it's a leftover from the tens of millions killed in living memory.

image.gif.ae1c9700dfc74eef70ead9ac881089da.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Let’s see what a well connected professional thinks, versus internet foreign policy experts. 

Sooooo.....what are you getting at? Putin's really going to do something crazy and unhinged now?

Just now, justhookit said:

Well, he shouldn’t have said it publicly. There’s a reason why the White House immediately walked it back and clarified his comments.

Agreed. But what does it change? Again, Putin already knows damn well that the world is conspiring for his removal.

27 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

it should be clear at this point that bangkok is an AI bot

bangkok, what is your connection to the 40?

long time supporter but never enrolled.

my formative years were spent in austin - i'm a chef and worked at a couple of the top restaurants in austin.

i went to culinary school at the former le cordon bleu outpost by the domain.

i love the city and the school. 

i've followed texas - mostly athletics, since. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, bangkok said:

my formative years were spent in austin - i'm a chef and worked at a couple of the top restaurants in austin.

Stop hitting enter for sentences. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

But Russia would not....and so we go round and round.

Ukraine has the obligation to take care of the interests of one country, and one country only: their own.  Why do you continue to insist that Russia should have the power to dictate Ukraine's future?

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I am not saying they would. I am saying they won't let Ukraine join NATO.

At this point you really think they can stop them? If NATO wants them they are in. Putin pretty much guaranteed that with his illegal war

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

At this point you really think they can stop them? If NATO wants them they are in. Putin pretty much guaranteed that with his illegal war

I really don't understand why these concepts are so difficult for some people.

• Hook 'Em 4

37 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Ukraine has the obligation to take care of the interests of one country, and one country only: their own.  Why do you continue to insist that Russia should have the power to dictate Ukraine's future?

Cause he is an idiot.  He used to be a decent poster, but his stance on this is bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, bangkok said:

Bro you don't want to go to purgatory. Maybe have a seat. I don't think he's gonna give you a boon of 500. Turkey Chew must have been particularly persuasive because I haven't seen that before.

You and vibes better chill the fuck out. MaC has been here a long damn time. He's wrong on a lot of this but he'll probably survive. A post-it note fatwa would reduce you to ashes.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I continue to believe nothing Joe Biden (or any western leader) can say will stop Putin.  What will stop Putin is (a) success (temporarily) or (b) a bullet in the back of the head.  That's it.

He doesn't give a fuck about western posturing, because he knows we are loathe to invade, or use chemical weapons, or God forbid nukes.  So, he's pushing on.  Fortunately enough, he's a horrible military tactician/strategist, and he's getting his army's ass kicked on several fronts, but ultimately Russia will likely prevail if he isn't assassinated.

This.

1 hour ago, bangkok said:

Here, Comrade:

https://www.skillsyouneed.com/write/capital-letters.html

12 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

100% accurate from the president.  Or tell me what you disagree with.

I think his premise is that Putin, a man who has recently repeatedly threatened the use of chemical and nuclear weapons in Ukraine (and Finland and Sweden, etc) might see Biden’s words and decide to do that which he has already promised to do. 

I doubt the message was for Putin, but for Generals mad at the needless slaughter of troops and the loss of their reputation, and to everyone Oligarch-ish who are losing their $$ ass who might want it to stop.  Dunno. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Light at the end of the tunnel?

Ukraine ready to discuss adopting neutral status in Russia peace deal, Zelenskiy says

LVIV, Ukraine, March 27 (Reuters) - Ukraine is prepared to discuss adopting a neutral status as part of a peace deal with Russia but such a pact would have to be guaranteed by third parties and put to a referendum, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said in remarks aired on Sunday.

Zelenskiy was speaking to Russian journalists in a 90 minute video call, an interview that Moscow authorities had pre-emptively warned Russian media to refrain from reporting. Zelenskiy spoke in Russian throughout, as he has done in previous speeches when targeting a Russian audience.

Zelenskiy said Russia's invasion had caused the destruction of Russian-speaking cities in Ukraine, and said the damage was worse than the Russian wars in Chechnya.'

"Security guarantees and neutrality, non-nuclear status of our state. We are ready to go for it. This is the most important point," Zelenskiy said. read more

Zelenskiy said Ukraine refused to discuss certain other Russian demands, such as the demilitarisation of the country.

Spoiler

Speaking more than a month after Russia invaded Ukraine on Feb. 24, Zelenskiy said no peace deal would be possible without a ceasefire and troop withdrawals.

He ruled out trying to recapture all Russian-held territory by force, saying it would lead to a third world war, and said he wanted to reach a "compromise" over the eastern Donbass region, held by Russian-backed forces since 2014.

Russia says it is conducting a "special military operation" in Ukraine with the aim of demilitarising its neighbour. Ukraine and its Western allies call this a pretext for an unprovoked invasion.

'HUMANITARIAN CATASTROPHE'

Zelenskiy focused on the fate of the eastern port city of Mariupol, under siege for weeks. Once a city of 400,000 people, it has undergone prolonged Russian bombardment.

"All entries and exits from the city of Mariupol are blocked," Zelenskiy said. "The port is mined. A humanitarian catastrophe inside the city is unequivocal, because it is impossible to go there with food, medicine and water," he said.

"I don't even know who the Russian army has ever treated like this," he said, adding that, compared to Russian wars in Chechnya, the volume of destruction "cannot be compared".

Russia has denied targeting civilians in Ukraine. Russia and Ukraine have traded blame for a failure to open humanitarian corridors.

Zelenskiy pushed back against allegations from Moscow that Ukraine had curbed the rights of Russian speakers, saying it was Russia's invasion that wiped Russian-speaking cities "off the face of the earth".

He also dismissed as "a joke" allegations made by Russia that Ukraine had nuclear or chemical weapons.

Edited by MaybeACoordinator
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

2 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Former President Trump on Saturday repeated his praise of several authoritarian leaders, calling Russian President Vladimir Putin, Chinese President Xi Jinping and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un "smart."

During a rally in Commerce, Ga., Trump referred to those authoritarian leaders as strong, saying "the smartest one gets to the top."

Trump said China's Xi was smart because he "runs 1.5 billion people with an iron fist," while he called North Korea's Kim "tough." Both Xi and Kim have been widely condemned by the international community for human rights abuses.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

26 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Negging me over Zelinskyy discussing a peace deal? I know you are a spree negger but do you care to discuss to the contents of the article? God, you are such a brat. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Negging me over Zelinskyy discussing a peace deal? I know you are a spree negger but do you care to discuss to the contents of the article? God, you are such a brat. 

You quoted yourself.  Did you neg yourself?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3