Ncaa tournament- free money contest

Wulaw Horn

• immamac pinned and featured this topic

awesome!  i wasn't going to be able to participate in your traditional format as i am traveling for spring break and wouldn't be able to participate in the draft on monday but i can definitely pick 8 teams at some point during the week.  assuming we just need to have our teams in by wednesday night/thursday morning?

2 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

awesome!  i wasn't going to be able to participate in your traditional format as i am traveling for spring break and wouldn't be able to participate in the draft on monday but i can definitely pick 8 teams at some point during the week.  assuming we just need to have our teams in by wednesday night/thursday morning?

Yep. Anytime Thursday before 11:00 central. You don’t pick the winner of the 12’s or 16’s. It’s just a double entry so you can pick that before Tuesday/Wednesday games. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean- I know you are a Tennessee homer so only really looking at 7 picks for you. 

It took me damn near a year to get Derka on board with the fact that I am not a Vol fan.  My wife is a grad.  That being said, I will not be picking the Vols in this contest.  :)

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

It took me damn near a year to get Derka on board with the fact that I am not a Vol fan.  My wife is a grad.  That being said, I will not be picking the Vols in this contest.  :)

I know. That’s the joke. I almost @ Derka. 

• Haha 1

Post your 8 teams and their seeds next to it. No cost to entry. Free money. @Scipioand I are doing this as sponsors of this website for fun. 
Again- the rules as follows:

you get your seed # multiplied by the round you win. Points are cumulative. So- if you pick Gonzaga and they win it all that’s 21 points. If you pick Texas and they make it to the sweet 16 that’s 18 points (6 for winning in the first round plus 13 for winning in the second round) 

My entry:

chattanooga- 13 seed

michigan- 11

loyola Chicago- 10

iowa state- 11

Vermont- 13

USC- 7

Murray State- 7

richmond- 12. 

My team with the most points- Chattanooga. 

Let’s get 100 entries so we can give away $1000. Free. No obligation. If you need help with a mortgage we’d love the chance to give it a shot if you reach out to us via PM or call at 832-557-1095. 

Do you want to make this into a spreadsheet with automated scores and leaderboards?  It would be pretty easy to do if people are willing to use a Google form for entries. I can probably help set it up if you like. 

Anyways, I don't know much about NCAA basketball, so I'll just go with:

Gonzaga 1

Duke 2

Arizona 1

Villanova 2

Baylor 1

Kentucky 2

Kansas 1

Auburn 2

Tiebreaker - Gonzaga

Edited by Dutchrudder
  • Haha 1