2022 NCAA Tournament - First Round

Pancho

24 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

Been out on spring break for the kids and watching my first game (tcu).  No CR but why the fuck are cheerleaders and photographers wearing masks and literally nobody else in the ducking arena is wearing a mask?   Is every game the same way?   Some ncaa bs?

Why do you care?

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

10 things you can challenge in a game?  Great. Just what we need. Officials fucking staring at a monitor for infinitely longer than they should.

They don’t challenge jack shit.  Most of the time they ask what they can and can’t challenge even though it’s been a rule for years. It’s so easy to talk them out of it. It really hasn’t changed the game.  Women’s game has gotten shorter, actually (but that’s due to the 5 fouls and changing to 4 quarters really).

1 minute ago, Underdog said:

Fewer tv timeouts in qtr play, team foul reset.  No.  No optics, just a better system. 

CBS will have something to say about those fewer TV timeouts. You have that right when you pay $10 billion to televise the thing. It's okay for the women's game which no one cares about.  Men is a bit different. 

4 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

CBS will have something to say about those fewer TV timeouts. You have that right when you pay $10 billion to televise the thing. It's okay for the women's game which no one cares about.  Men is a bit different. 

CBS has nothing to do with basketball rule changes. 

It’s like 70% coaches, 30% refs.  TV folks adjust like always. 

Just now, Pancho said:

CBS has nothing to do with basketball rule changes. 

It’s like 70% coaches, 30% refs.  TV folks adjust like always. 

CBS would have everything to do with timeouts in a game.

Timeouts are commercials. 

Commercials are what pays for these insane contracts.

If we're thinking that CBS has no say, ultimately, in what is going on then we're all climbing the long tree of naivety.

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I'd bet that there are certain rules (such as #timeouts) written into TV contracts.  

There are: just the timing, and that’s based on each conference.  NCAA tournament with timing (how long) of timeouts is a separate deal.

2 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

CBS would have everything to do with timeouts in a game.

Timeouts are commercials. 

Commercials are what pays for these insane contracts.

If we're thinking that CBS has no say, ultimately, in what is going on then we're all climbing the long tree of naivety.

See my post above.  CBSdoesn’t control the amount—the can control the time of the tv timeouts when it comes to the NCAA tournament.  That has nothing to do with the NCAA rule book.  TV is absolutely not involved in the timeout portion of the rulebook in college basketball.  Period.

14 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

You’d think fewer commercials would become more valuable.  You could increase time between qtrs. 

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

See my post above.  CBSdoesn’t control the amount—the can control the time of the tv timeouts when it comes to the NCAA tournament.  That has nothing to do with the NCAA rule book.  TV is absolutely not involved in the timeout portion of the rulebook in college basketball.  Period.

TV / CBS pays billions every year to televise this event. It will always have a say-so, indirect or otherwise, in how the game plays out. 

Doesn't matter if we like it or not. It is what it is.

Just now, Wally Pryor said:

TV / CBS pays billions every year to televise this event. It will always have a say-so, indirect or otherwise, in how the game plays out. 

Doesn't matter if we like it or not. It is what it is.

Has your misogyny ruined your brain or is it the bourbon?  I’ve said that yes, CBS can say how long the tv timeouts are.  They do not (aboseouly do not) have a say so in how many timeouts there should be in college basketball per team. 

• Hook 'Em 2

that was a nice win for ISU they really had a turn around season

I think some of those SEC SEC SEC teams lost on purpose because they knew the lower rounds of the tournament are there ceiling and they are scared of what aggy will do with jimbo in the future in basketball and they wanted to try and show people that aggy did not in fact belong

it is so sad that teams will lose on purpose to try and hold aggy and the jimbo machine back in all sports, but it will fail

1 hour ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Houston is entertaining.  Athletic and balls to the wall at both ends.  I’m not sorry that Kelvin Sampson couldn’t kick his cellphone habit at OU …

I think they will give Illinois all it can handle, and more. Right now, after getting home from the arena I will pick Houston in that game

• Hook 'Em 1