2022 NCAA Tournament - 2nd Round

Wally Pryor

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

Tennessee didn't play poorly. Michigan just played a bit better.  No shame in that, at all.

I don't think there was shame in losing this particular game. It's a product of the cumulative collapse of Rick's teams in March after March after March. You don't lose that many "upsets" without bearing a ton of blame. As a fan base, we know the pattern all too well. 

25 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Michigan has talent, no doubt. But Tennessee seemed a little short on guys who wanted the ball in crunch time. 

I was surprised that Ziegler was taking a lot of the shots late in the game -- Vols just didn't have a player that could get their own shot down the stretch or get to the foul line...

Edited by LTtxfan

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:
5 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:
So maybe it is time to admit the committee got it right in regards to the SEC…

I dare you to head over to texags and find one person who agrees with you.

I’d rather go count grains of sand in the Sahara Desert…..

3 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I don't think there was shame in losing this particular game. It's a product of the cumulative collapse of Rick's teams in March after March after March. You don't lose that many "upsets" without bearing a ton of blame. As a fan base, we know the pattern all too well. 

Probably Tennessee fans too by now.

19 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yep I've said many times that the move to the SEC has definite downsides and leaving the best basketball conference in the country isn't getting enough mention. 

Pretty excited about baseball though. 

The Mercedes gender reveal party commercial makes me think of surly degenerates for whatever reason. I find myself wondering what was done at the party and how it would be different if it were surly folk. First and foremost the blue powder would definitely be vomit, blood, semen booze combination. 2nd the wifey in the commercial would be a working woman.

4 minutes ago, CptnJiggleBits said:

The Mercedes gender reveal party commercial makes me think of surly degenerates for whatever reason. I find myself wondering what was done at the party and how it would be different if it were surly folk. First and foremost the blue powder would definitely be vomit, blood, semen booze combination. 2nd the wifey in the commercial would be a working woman.

This afternoon, I heard all sorts of screaming next door, and I thought, "Either someone got shot, or they're having a gender reveal party."  And then I saw blue balloons.  

• Haha 1

This being the first post-transfer portal NIL Covid year era March Madness, I’ll confess that what was already the best sports thing going now has an all new window shopping dimension. You could potentially be watching near-future Longhorns. Interesting.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Yep I've said many times that the move to the SEC has definite downsides and leaving the best basketball conference in the country isn't getting enough mention. 

I'm not concerned with moving on.

- Conference strength won't be quite the same but the SEC will always have plenty at the table in March with w/ the committee.
- Lower level of competition but less wear and tear from January and February.  Plus and minus. I like the former. 
- Beard will schedule a marquee holiday tourney and 2 to 3 home and homes with the Big 10 and Big 12 to address the RPI.
- Good coach? Check. Good players? See Good coach. New / lesser conference? Not a big deal. The first two take care of everything else. At the extreme example you can reference Gonzaga - very good team, crap conference.  We can only hope for that level of success.

• Hook 'Em 1