Texas @ OU in Arlington Weekend Thread

zlavydra

Just now, WBT said:

Good win.  If our pitching can get 10-15% less shitty we'll be really dangerous.  Might be anyway.

I like what Marcus and Coy showed today. Marcus made the one mistake but they definitely need to see more opportunities going forward. Obvious at this point.

Maybe this can be a second turning point in the season. Let's get back to where we were early on. Whether it was Witt's injury, over confidence, or some combination, our pitching staff has been in a terrible headspace. You see it when every single pitcher struggles to throw strikes starting out. We pounded the zone early in the season. With our bats, if we can even get halfway to where we were, we'll be hard to beat. 

12 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Maybe this can be a second turning point in the season. Let's get back to where we were early on. Whether it was Witt's injury, over confidence, or some combination, our pitching staff has been in a terrible headspace. You see it when every single pitcher struggles to throw strikes starting out. We pounded the zone early in the season. With our bats, if we can even get halfway to where we were, we'll be hard to beat. 

I honestly felt we were tipping our pitches and teams picked up on it sometime after ucla. I'm sure there's other contributing factors like other teams are good and our guys just weren't up to snuff, but that's a lot of grand slams to give up in a season, and for our team, early in the season. Plus teams started jumping out early on us. Glad to see the fight. 

1 minute ago, Dewey said:

I honestly felt we were tipping our pitches and teams picked up on it sometime after ucla. I'm sure there's other contributing factors like other teams are good and our guys just weren't up to snuff, but that's a lot of grand slams to give up in a season, and for our team, early in the season. Plus teams started jumping out early on us. Glad to see the fight. 

Don’t forget the metric fuck ton of leadoff walks. 

3 minutes ago, Dewey said:

I'd agree with that except sometime after UCLA we started seeing pitchers coming out and getting down 3-0 or 3-1 with consecutive batters. Something is wrong there and is going to naturally lend itself to giving up grand slams, no pitch tipping required. 

Edited by Dahobbs

Gordon wasn’t great, but let’s remember the runs came with the help of a pitiful fly to left, a fake bunt ground ball chopper to short, and another chopper to short.

The Waxahachie dude heated up mid game yesterday and stayed that way today. He hurt us yesterday and today.

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Very happy with the outcome. Just wish the SP outside of Pete and RP could be better to let this offense feed. Early on feels like offense is pressing bc they know the SP/RP can fall apart so fast 

Not many teams have 4 weekend starters. We’re still struggling from the Witt injury. Totally effed up who comes in and when. But lots of teams have injuries (Bama, Msu), so we need to keep it going 

5 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Getting back Todd is huge.  He is kind of a team leader.  Not to mention having a great at bat where he spoiled like 3 punch out pitches and then drove a fourth.  

Yeah the lineup just kind of felt right with him in there and he does kind of feel like a leader. Even when he was injured he and Cobb are always the first out of the dugout when our dudes come off the field. Just an all around good teammate 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yeah the lineup just kind of felt right with him in there and he does kind of feel like a leader. Even when he was injured he and Cobb are always the first out of the dugout when our dudes come off the field. Just an all around good teammate 

Corch on the field?

• Haha 1

It does kind of suck that DC finally got going as soon as Todd comes back. I guess it's good injury insurance like it was today. If everyone is healthy maybe DC still gets some DH looks like in midweek games?

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

It does kind of suck that DC finally got going as soon as Todd comes back. I guess it's good injury insurance like it was today. If everyone is healthy maybe DC still gets some DH looks like in midweek games?

Google "Kennedy, Eric"

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I dunno if I see much spot for him in the lineup with AT healthy and if EK is ok. AT is plenty accomplished defensively out in RF and just has a better bat. I would like to see if DC can continue his current hot streak but not at the expense of AT or Murph. Maybe DC can play 2nd and replace Daly but I doubt it and I have way more confidence in Daly to fix his issues.