2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I'm gonna keep pounding this little factoid because it shows how much the Astros have clowned all over the Yankees this year. With tonight's routine domination (I'll say it if Dusty won't), the Astros are now 8-2 vs NYY this year and have only trailed the Yankees for one half inning out of 89 innings played, and that was a one-run lead NY got when Bader homered in the top of the 2nd in game 1. Those dumb Judge walkoff hits way back in late June are the only thing that kept the Yankees from being winless against this rotation and bullpen. 

The Astros fucking OWN those pinstripe poors!

Sweep them bitches tomorrow!

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Eh, he's not wrong and imo he doesn't come across as making excuses for not making the play. Obviously he should've caught it but their miscommunication affected that play and you don't have to be a Yankees honk to see that. Fuck the Yankees always and especially fuck their dumb trashy fans, but Astros fans getting worked up over post-game reactions from Yankee players/staff is silly. Severino's comments were dumb as fuck the reaction was justified but let's not get carried away with a case of the vapors over comments like this. 

I can't decide how much to fret. Not really worried about losing the series but still quite concerned about the way several of our stars are hitting. Our insane pitching performances have masked just how bleak it's been watching Altuve, Alvarez and Tucker at the plate. I realize that could change today, and it sure needs to. Whoever we'd face in the WS is swinging the bat better than our AL opponents have been. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Surprised we haven’t seen any trash cans at the game or seen as much of that talk this series.

Ironic since their players, coaches, fans, stadium and city are trash. Fuck the Yankees, we’re their daddy.

Took family there two weeks ago as kids had a couple days off.  Have not been since the late 90s.  Still smells bad.  Still overpriced.  Still filled with trashy, obnoxious people.  Still crowded.  I’ll check back in in the 2050s.  

12 hours ago, elfenix said:

costas: last time jankees were shut out in the postseason was by the astros.  last time the jankees were shut out at home in the postseason was by ... the houston astros. 

Lol. Killing them with facts. 
Bob also said to the nation in 90ish innings the yanks have only led twice vs Astros. And that was the two game ending homeruns/hits they had in 9th. 8-2 record for Astros. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Tonight’s game could be a start and stop affair. If so, advantage Astros with the bullpen depth

478DF96C-8E48-4CFC-BB97-928D13612E8A.png

MLB makes the calls in the playoffs. They want 9 uninterrupted innings.  I would not be surprised if this gets postponed.  Phillies/SD are also slated for rain.  

Hey east coast teams, put fucking roofs on when you build a new stadium.  There is zero excuse for Yankee Stadium to not have a retractable roof.  You spend 2.3B to build a stadium, it should have a motherfucking roof on it.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Except MLB isn’t a fan of starting/stopping.

this sucks, but looking like everything is going to be pushed back a day. 
would mean we’d need to win tomorrow, otherwise  JV wouldn’t be available until game 3 of the WS to start on normal rest 

I mean we could start Garcia in Game 5.  Might anger the baseball gods to hold back JV though.  I'd have to think about it.

I wonder the last time (ever?) a team used 5 different starters (not bs openers) in a playoff series.

• Hook 'Em 1

Didn’t want to say anything after Game 1 in risk that I was misreading the situation or jinx us, but it occurred to me then they did it appear to have the horses to run with us, just weren’t on our level. Everyone knows their SP is great but I’m surprised to find out how weak they are when compared to Houston in all other facets.

They’re not at their best, but it’s also a huge nod to the Astros. We are the best built team. This golden era business is my shit.

17 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I hope they try and get the game in. I’m going to be pissed if they just postpone it at 4 pm eastern. 

Not looking great.  Currently raining.  Supposed to rain until about 7.  Then while it says clear, there is still an almost 50% chance of rain at 7, 8, and 9.  At 10, chance of rain increases to above 50%.  I think MLB should be smart and call it early.  They don’t want a repeat of the Yankees/Guardians disaster.

38 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I hope they try and get the game in. I’m going to be pissed if they just postpone it at 4 pm eastern. 

You clearly dont know how these shitbirds operate. They will bilk the fans for 3 hours and then send them home.

19 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Not looking great.  Currently raining.  Supposed to rain until about 7.  Then while it says clear, there is still an almost 50% chance of rain at 7, 8, and 9.  At 10, chance of rain increases to above 50%.  I think MLB should be smart and call it early.  They don’t want a repeat of the Yankees/Guardians disaster.

Oh yes they do.... $$$

2 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Except MLB isn’t a fan of starting/stopping.

this sucks, but looking like everything is going to be pushed back a day. 
would mean we’d need to win tomorrow, otherwise  JV wouldn’t be available until game 3 of the WS to start on normal rest 

Ffw4MpdXkAAeT1b?format=jpg&name=large

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

altuve and alvarez need to wake the fuck up ...

Four players in the ALCS who finished the regular season with an OPS above .850 (Altuve, Alvarez, Carpenter, Judge).

Combined, they are hitting .093/.170/.116 in the ALCS and have cost their teams roughly 11.7% in World Series win probability at the plate.

These dumbass northeast teams with their shitty weather need to have home playoff games moved.  Any AL team that doesn't have a retractable roof has to play their "home" games in Toronto.  NL teams in shitty weather areas with no roof... off to Milwaukee you fucklenucks.

And it's not just rain; playing baseball in insulated shirts and bullpen personnel decked out in full arctic parkas is bullshit.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Everyone talks about the Yankees missing Benintendi and LeMahieu, but the Astros are missing a better player than both of those guys in Brantley. Brantley has a career .296/.357/.380/.737 slash in the playoffs. In 9 unique series since he joined the Astros, Brantley has failed to hit under .300 three times.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Bring back scheduled doubleheaders or eliminate games to shorten season. Adding another round of playoffs makes no sense when the weather in the north and east already sucks in October. I know season started late this year but 5 years ago I left my good friends wedding reception to watch the Astros in World Series. Now we aren’t even to World Series and my friend just filed for divorce. We can fix one.

43 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Everyone talks about the Yankees missing Benintendi and LeMahieu, but the Astros are missing a better player than both of those guys in Brantley. Brantley has a career .296/.357/.380/.737 slash in the playoffs. In 9 unique series since he joined the Astros, Brantley has failed to hit under .300 three times.

They mentioned the injury woes for the Yankees last night and then kind of a “oh I guess Brantley for Houston too”

2 hours ago, WBT said:

I mean we could start Garcia in Game 5.  Might anger the baseball gods to hold back JV though.  I'd have to think about it.

I wonder the last time (ever?) a team used 5 different starters (not bs openers) in a playoff series.

I’ve been thinking the whole time I’d start Garcia in Game 5 if the series is 3-1, just to try to save Verlander for Game 1 of the WS.

6 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

I’ve been thinking the whole time I’d start Garcia in Game 5 if the series is 3-1, just to try to save Verlander for Game 1 of the WS.

Yeah- if you are committed to him one way or another (not Bringing back Javier on short rest in game 7) might as well pitch him game 5. 

• Hook 'Em 1