The Twitter Debate

Neonmoon

5 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

This will end well

He posts shit like a Reddit meme edgelord extraordinaire.  I don’t really care all that much, but he needs to be careful as he already has the SEC on him for making false statements.  

27 minutes ago, Homercles said:

He posts shit like a Reddit meme edgelord extraordinaire.  I don’t really care all that much, but he needs to be careful as he already has the SEC on him for making false statements.  

He's immune to the SEC. The fine they made him pay ended up making him over a billion dollars last time they slapped him non the wrist. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, immamac said:

He's immune to the SEC. The fine they made him pay ended up making him over a billion dollars last time they slapped him non the wrist. 

Correct Elon is not afraid of the SEC. I really think he knows that Tesla and SpaceX are systemically important tech institutions. The govt/DoD need them to keep innovating and producing. He’s untouchable in a sense. The Twitter purchase is going to test that though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Correct Elon is not afraid of the SEC. I really think he knows that Tesla and SpaceX are systemically important tech institutions. The govt/DoD need them to keep innovating and producing. He’s untouchable in a sense. The Twitter purchase is going to test that though. 

He’s building a new Cape Canaveral and also turning out more EVs than anyone on the planet, but the federal government is gonna go after him hard? Cmon.

Theyll attempt to neuter Twitter via regulation, that’s about it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

He’s building a new Cape Canaveral and also turning out more EVs than anyone on the planet, but the federal government is gonna go after him hard? Cmon.

To be fair he won't be turning out more EVs for very long. Ford has already ramped in far less time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

9 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

You…don’t need to quote yourself.  We know well enough your stance on all this.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Roger Stone is back! Nope. I spoke too soon! It seems that Roger Stone created a new Twitter account on Thursday morning, announcing he was back from his lifetime suspension. Stone seems to have been under the impression that Elon Musk’s impending take over of Twitter and all of the solipsism Musk represents meant that “free speech” speech talk included him coming back onto the social media platform that banned him back in 2017.

According to the Daily Beast, Stone took to Telegram to write, “Well bitches I’m back on Twitter.” He added, “I’m anxious to see how strong Elon Musk’s commitment to free speech is.” It took Twitter a little while to make sure that @RogerStoneUSA was indeed connected to the odiously pardoned criminal.After they did that, Twitter banned Roger Stone again.

• Haha 8

On 4/15/2022 at 11:51 AM, Francisco 2.0 said:

And yet, what a controversy this was:

6181643cdcbb7.image.jpg?crop=650,650,175

i was about to read through this thread...  but i don't have to... the best part is right here as Janet Jackson's sunshine nipple...

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/29/2022 at 9:05 AM, immamac said:

To be fair he won't be turning out more EVs for very long. Ford has already ramped in far less time. 

Volkswagen would be my bet to be the first company to pass Tesla in EV sales. 

EDIT - actually it may be Saic in China with their shit box EVs, but VW in the western world. 

Edited by Blotto

Even before Elon's Twitter takeover, I wondered why The Powers That Be felt I was as obsessed with what Elon felt about this or that as they were, occassionaly accompanied with Elon in a cowboy hat donning shades, and needed to update me 5x on my newsfeed. 

Is it just me, or has Elon Loves Texas Stuff- type news fluff just evaporated from their newsfeed since the Ruh Roe leak?

Surely the free speech absolutist has an opinion. He's had one every time when I gave zero fucks. 

Elon is pro-shadow banning now:

This will never not be entertaining. I'm hoping the deal blows up and never closes, but it might be even funnier if he actually does acquire Twitter and ends up accidentally burning the whole thing down. His plan is basically to turn Twitter in the United States into 8chan, Twitter in China into CCP propaganda, Twitter in Saudi Arabia into MBS propaganda, etc. It'll be a disaster and will likely take Tesla down along with it.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Elon is pro-shadow banning now:

This will never not be entertaining. I'm hoping the deal blows up and never closes, but it might be even funnier if he actually does acquire Twitter and ends up accidentally burning the whole thing down. His plan is basically to turn Twitter in the United States into 8chan, Twitter in China into CCP propaganda, Twitter in Saudi Arabia into MBS propaganda, etc. It'll be a disaster and will likely take Tesla down along with it.

I Hope Please GIF

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

It'll be a disaster and will likely take Tesla down along with it.

I dont disagree with your prediction that he will fuck up twitter, but I'm struggling too see how that would take down Tesla.  Tesla has established itself as a viable, although wildly overvalued, manufacturer. Maybe it fucks with the TSLA  price a bit, and he might have to sell more, etc... but Tesla isnt going anywhere.