Latitude Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffett-inspired 55+ Community Coming to Austin/Dallas/Houston

atomheartbevo

On 4/15/2022 at 12:58 AM, atomheartbevo said:

Daytona Beach, Hilton Head, Watersound, FL...those all have beaches.  So yeah, it makes perfect sense that they'd open up new communities in Austin, Houston and Dallas.

MLMHH-005340-Barefoot-Bulletin_2_05.jpg

https://www.latitudemargaritaville.com/community-photos-watersound

https://www.latitudemargaritaville.com

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/latitude-margaritaville-communities-expanding-to-texas-301523916.html

I have some Jimmy Buffet albums, and I'm not that far away from 55, but....

MINT-003_barefoot_bulletin_email_1010_14

MLMHH-005340-Barefoot-Bulletin_05.jpg

web-trinidad-bay-ext-by-rob-harris-10369

margaritaville-PKG.00_00_26_02.Still001.

I’d rather be smothered in my sleep with a pillow. That place would be my own personal hell

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BearSchlong said:

I was about the same age, in line for a urinal in the men's room at a JB concert, standing next to the sink, when an older broad pushed through the line, jumped up on the counter, hiked up her skirt, spread her pussy, gave us a grin and just let loose in the sink.

It might have even been at Astroworld, IIRC.

The Aristocrats! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Seriously..   why would anyone want to live in one of these retirement communities in Texas.   

Because they want to have a lot of sex and drink a lot of booze.  And pretend to have the “island lifestyle” that Jimmy sings about, but without white trash beachgoers and hurricanes.  

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Because they want to have a lot of sex and drink a lot of booze.  And pretend to have the “island lifestyle” that Jimmy sings about, but without white trash beachgoers and hurricanes.  

So in other words they never step foot in Port Aransas or Galveston…. Is that what makes our beaches fun?   

3 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

I was about the same age, in line for a urinal in the men's room at a JB concert, standing next to the sink, when an older broad pushed through the line, jumped up on the counter, hiked up her skirt, spread her pussy, gave us a grin and just let loose in the sink.

At outdoor shows they just piss on the lawn. At least that’s what I’ve heard from several firsthand accounts. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

White trash is not a matter of how much money you have....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Man, say what you will about Margaritaville restaurants, but when you've been in a Mexican fishing village for a week, eating the local faire, however delicious it may be...That Cheeseburger in Paradise at the Margaritaville in the Cancun airport slams and goes hard and takes the edge off the farewell party hangover. 

This, but we will alternate in some Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. at the Cancun airport for the same reason.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

you don't think the people, in this type of community, aren't trash?  And as @Macanudo says, the amount of money in the bank has nothing to do with that label.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Macanudo said:

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

you don't think the people, in this type of community, aren't trash?  And as @Macanudo says, the amount of money in the bank has nothing to do with that label.

Oh, I’m sure there are plenty of white trash in those communities, but they think that putting an age limit and having a fee of sorts (the cost of living there) will keep that white trash out.  it’s all about perception.  And easy sex and lots of booze.   

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

“I saved up my whole life so I could live here in this 2 bedroom D.R. Horton with access to a members-only fast casual restaurant and community pool, where the refined and sophisticated music of Jimmy Buffett plays 24/7 while we enjoy our buffalo wings and breakfast margaritas - and I’ll be damned if I’m going to let WHITE TRASH move in here to ruin this Versailles that we have built with our hard-earned money!”

75% of the people living in the Dallas Margaritaville will be Okies.

100% chance we were at the exact same show. Those Astroworld GA seats on the lawn were always a good time.
  • Like 1

There is something to idea that this community will appeal to hardcore drinkers who are actually under the impression that margaritaville is something besides being a shitty, sad song about a drunk.  And those guys could potentially have the opportunity to get laid in this community but let’s be honest, those guys pass out first.

On 4/16/2022 at 10:27 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Bunch of semi-old, white people that put jimmy buffet at the top of entertainment? Sounds painful. You can only imagine their comments once the cheap tequila starts flowing. 

Yeah, I wonder what the percentage minority population is in places like this?  I'd set the over/under at 0%.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There is something to idea that this community will appeal to hardcore drinkers who are actually under the impression that margaritaville is something besides being a shitty, sad song about a drunk.  And those guys could potentially have the opportunity to get laid in this community but let’s be honest, those guys pass out first.

Meh, folks who'd actually choose to live in one of these communities are probably pretty sad, but Margaritaville is a legendary song.

• Like 1

They really need to open up a nursing home/hospice care facility at their locations, and actually call it "Wastin' Away Again in Margaritaville". You know some of the community members would find it humorous and ironic, and like to stay close to the friends they made. Medicare could pay for their Margaritas and Delta-8 vapes.

CHIEF

Edited by CHIEF
  • Haha 1

On 4/17/2022 at 10:23 PM, Stunns38 said:

Where in the fuck in the Austin Metro would this be? I would think relatively cheap land. Elgin? Jarrell? Bastrop? New Braunfels would fit but is too expensive for it. Lol

I'm thinking north of town in no-man's land... I have no idea what's up there save for the CenTex tornado alley.

12 minutes ago, texasdago said:

I'm thinking north of town in no-man's land... I have no idea what's up there save for the CenTex tornado alley.

On 4/17/2022 at 10:23 PM, Stunns38 said:

Where in the fuck in the Austin Metro would this be? I would think relatively cheap land. Elgin? Jarrell? Bastrop? New Braunfels would fit but is too expensive for it. Lol

Riverfront in Webberville?

CHIEF

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's a good drinking song but other than that it sucks.

A good drinking song is a pretty sacred thing.  This is the surl, after all.

Beyond that, the shitty opinions thread is ------------->

Edited by utee94
  • Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 4:52 PM, Macanudo said:

Yes, because there are plenty of aggy with money...

And I'm fairly sure all the SEC frat boys who grew up in plantation houses still qualify as white trash...

Edited by TexArcher

On 4/18/2022 at 8:58 AM, Murfdogg21 said:

When the primary users are under 6 or over 60, you have to assume a high urine/pool water ratio.

I assume that of any public water park or pool, regardless of age.  The one place I never saw a line at Schlitterbahn was for the restrooms.  

2 hours ago, Macanudo said:

You're forgetting about all of the 65+ men with Asian wives that are 10 years younger.

Like my Uncle Slaton although I don't think he'd be a good fit in Margaritaville.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Macanudo said:

You're forgetting about all of the 65+ men with Asian wives that are 10 years younger.

I used to work with one, well she was Phillipino.  He would go back to her Island (err village) hometown once a year and I always figured she would off him there.  Not yet apparently, and of course , they live in Florida. 

28 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

I used to work with one, well she was Phillipino.  He would go back to her Island (err village) hometown once a year and I always figured she would off him there.  Not yet apparently, and of course , they live in Florida. 

Living in Florida is like being dead anyway.

• Haha 2

The more I think about this, the more ragey I get.....because someone is going to figure out how to develop one of these aimed RIGHT at my wife's demographic, and I'm going to end up stuck in "Harry Potter Village with soundtrack by Duran Duran" and I am going to have to drink hemlock.

• Rage+1 1

On 4/15/2022 at 7:38 AM, burntorangebongos said:

What in the actual fuck? I used to love his shit back in the day, couldn't get enough of his music my freshman year at UT. And I loved that one book he wrote, some kind of detective murder mystery book. But damn, the man is a sellout.

Yeah, seems like Gene Simmons might want to think about licensing the KISS community or something.  Might be more interesting than this.

14 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Yeah, seems like Gene Simmons might want to think about licensing the KISS community or something.  Might be more interesting than this.

Or a Queen themed community for gay men. It could be called...."Somebody to Love."

CHIEF

• Like 1