Texas football got some new gear and it’s...burnt orange?!

Goo Punch

3 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

I agree, In fact I am officially distancing from this entire subject. I might want to run for public office someday and I don’t want this coming back to bite me

Same here.  I have a public reputation to think about.  Oh, and your mom came back to bite me last night.

1 hour ago, Tony Soprano said:

Black isn't one of our colors however.

This argument is so dumb.  The black is an accent, just like the lace on your panties.  Gray isn't one of our colors and it's on a shit ton of gear too.  Everything Texas related can't be just burnt orange and white. 

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Same here.  I have a public reputation to think about.  Oh, and your mom came back to bite me last night.

Better be careful or the Law Office of South Austin, LLP's Yelp rating could take a huge hit. Just ask that guy that runs the Eskimo Huts. 

1 hour ago, Assman said:

This argument is so dumb.  The black is an accent, just like the lace on your panties.  Gray isn't one of our colors and it's on a shit ton of gear too.  Everything Texas related can't be just burnt orange and white. 

So then should we remove jizz as an official color palet for your mom and just consider it an accent?

1 hour ago, Assman said:

Well, it was burnt orange and white for about 110 years with no real complaints.  Then Nike came along and candied it up.

I don't mind the grey, but loathe the black.  And both colors have been used as more than accents in the last few years.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, it was burnt orange and white for about 110 years with no real complaints.  Then Nike came along and candied it up.

I don't mind the grey, but loathe the black.  And both colors have been used as more than accents in the last few years.

Yep. Get off our lawns!

On 5/29/2018 at 2:11 PM, Assman said:

I agree with Soprano. Gray has been used as an accent for decades because every school has used gray shimmels and shorts for decades and every school had gray facemasks for decades. It became an "accent" color by default.

Black looks like shit with burnt orange. 

Edited by Tex Pete

14 hours ago, Tony Soprano said:

I must be colorblind because it doesn't look like just an accent in that picture. It's all over the damn backpack or whatever it is. Sorry but black and orange don't go together. Looks terrible. A little grey is fine. Black is horrid. As long as they leave it off of the uniforms which they haven't done in some of the other sports like volleyball, basketball, etc.

Halloween would like a word with you......

17 hours ago, Assman said:

Why not?

Next thing you know we will put a fucking jack o lantern on the side of our helmets.

1 hour ago, Sidney Sherman said:

For the cleats, the black is fine. I like the whites with burnt orange though.

5698269340765202_b258702d220aac2191b4450

Black shoes coincided with another very dark era in Longhorn history, 1984-1997.  One notable exception, Shock the Nation.

• Haha 1

On 5/29/2018 at 2:11 PM, Assman said:

Yep. & black & grey are popping up on some of our unis, practice gear, etc. The baseball team also has an off-white uni that imho is easily our best look. 

No it wasn't. It was blue for a lot of those years.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...