Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

1 hour ago, Texasrocks said:

If they can drop a few teams, that's even better.

That's the next frontier of realignment.  There just aren't attractive gettable targets out there unless conferences are going to start ejecting dead weight and then merging.

9 minutes ago, WBT said:

That's the next frontier of realignment.  There just aren't attractive gettable targets out there unless conferences are going to start ejecting dead weight and then merging.

If Fox would pull their head out of their ass for a minute they might see the writing on the wall. 

ESPN controlling 32 teams “east”, and Fox with 32 in the “west.”

Let Freeform, USA, and TBS fight for the leftovers. 

3 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

If Fox would pull their head out of their ass for a minute they might see the writing on the wall. 

ESPN controlling 32 teams “east”, and Fox with 32 in the “west.”

Let Freeform, USA, and TBS fight for the leftovers. 

That's likely the plan.  But FOX isn't going to overpay Washington State, Oregon State, etc., by a number large enough to keep SC and Oregon happy.  The PAC will have to work out unequal revenue distribution or go through its own realignment.  

In theory though, Big 10 goes to 20 teams.  Irate 8 add 4 PAC leftovers.  FOX owns both leagues.  That's 32 schools under their umbrella.  

2 hours ago, Texasrocks said:

Texas and A&M would still be playing the Texas teams every now and then anyway and I'm sure OU will still play OSU so its not a huge ask. Arkansas and Mizzou probably wouldn't mind an extra Texas game every other year. Promise the new conference 6-10 home/away pairings each year and the value of the conference goes up while the SEC gets recruiting trips to Texas and better non-conference scheduling. Do the same thing with the B1G by taking advantage of geography to get deals with Ohio State, Oregon, Nebraska and anyone else that wants to recruit Texas. The big name schools get regular recruiting trips to Houston/DFW and the new conference get's high-value TV games. 

image.gif.af21ba5fdc82063bcaaff7a8f7adf24a.gif

Edited by Vertigo
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

I wonder if Urban Meyer heard SEC during the coaching search and said no thanks.  

I do wonder that. My Panhandle peep has given what was asked when it was asked. When I did ask this week about the SEC stuff, very cryptic. Guy is worth at least $500M (married to someone infamous) and apart from his long-standing offer if I ever moved back to the Panhandle I would have a good job, said "Couldn't be more pleased with how this is all going down." He was a staunch UM guy (which is why I was allowed to post that Herman was GONE the night before it happened) but he refuses to say if that was the reason or a reason. It is a bit above my paygrade. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I do wonder that. My Panhandle peep has given what was asked when it was asked. When I did ask this week about the SEC stuff, very cryptic. Guy is worth at least $500M (married to someone infamous) and apart from his long-standing offer if I ever moved back to the Panhandle I would have a good job, said "Couldn't be more pleased with how this is all going down." He was a staunch UM guy (which is why I was allowed to post that Herman was GONE the night before it happened) but he refuses to say if that was the reason or a reason. It is a bit above my paygrade. 

The sugarbaby of an insider is an insider in my book. 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Yes. They will wind up on this site anyway...How many new members do we have since the SEC news dropped? Lurkers?

Bring 'em on. We'll crowdsource the dipshits and keep the best.

Kinda like Freshman classes at UT, actually.

1 hour ago, RollLeft said:

At least they are trying.  More power to them.  

At least KU has something to offer -- their amazing (goddammit) basketball program, and being an actual legitimate university

1 hour ago, Gidnik said:

0DCE6A21-81E3-4378-BEBB-25839A1A1470.jpeg

But then damn, that KU profile is dead on.

39 minutes ago, immamac said:

So far the plan is working. 

tenor.gif?itemid=11599348

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

did that woman die?

Nope. Apparently she had just a day-long headache and blacked out (so a pretty bad concussion, really).

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

Listen here, peeps. @Nicole44 ain't nobody's sugar baby. But you can be hers.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

come to think of it the only SEC site I'd probably check out now is EDSBS. And that, only because I did anyway.

...is EDSBS even alive any more?

Sadly, no.  But the site lives on for our reminiscing. 

Edit:  Which brings to memory the Ed Orgeron Crimmus Carols:

https://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2013/12/24/5242082/crimmus-wishes-to-you-and-yours

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

come to think of it the only SEC site I'd probably check out now is EDSBS. And that, only because I did anyway.

...is EDSBS even alive any more?

They signed off a couple years ago, miss that blog. 

• Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Never have been that guy's sugar baby or anyone else's for that matter. He feels like he still owes my dad (dad was a pathologist - which i mentioned before and helped to save his life) so I am in good standing in his book. I don't know if he is on Eltife's wealth scale but he is pretty powerful in terms of assets/wealth. If the world were flooded with piss and he was in the only tree I wouldn't sleep with him. He's like a Godfather ish type. Feels like watching over what is left of my family he will absolutely help if need be. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

She is one of the most amazing American women...period. Put her in bubble wrap and keep her safe, America. 

When I was a little kid I was still trying to figure out the differences between boys and girls then I saw her on the Porter Wagoner show and it all made sense 

Edited by mr. sunshine
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Never have been that guy's sugar baby or anyone else's for that matter. He feels like he still owes my dad (dad was a pathologist - which i mentioned before and helped to save his life) so I am in good standing in his book. I don't know if he is on Eltife's wealth scale but he is pretty powerful in terms of assets/wealth. If the world were flooded with piss and he was in the only tree I wouldn't sleep with him. He's like a Godfather ish type. Feels like watching over what is left of my family he will absolutely help if need be. 

What in tar nation! I’ve heard a lot of strange shit on here but this one better go in the surly hall of fame. I’d bang that dude in a heart beat to not spend one second in a ocean of piss. 

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

❤️ That’s incredible. I don’t have much to compare except my grandad and it’s not even close. your dad sounds like a badass. 🤘🏼

7th back from the  far left I the picture. He left at 15  when he left with guys from highschool to join WW2. They talked in high school one day is how he told us and the next night they all just left their homes and met up and signed up.  Your dad is a badass💕

03C77210-7E21-4F8A-A251-A0961F26D793.jpeg

Wow.  True American hero’s in my book.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Wow.  True American hero’s in my book.

What sucks is we never recorded what he was telling us at the time. Lost to history I guess. I will never forget his story. They just left in the middle of the night because they knew it was a big deal. He was 15. They were all listening to the radio and knew it was a big deal. 

Fuck the SEC, 2Live Crew on this shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1