2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

39 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

If he comes back with Whittington, the kids coming in, maybe the injured young man comes back healthy and maybe Thompson is ready to go, U think he will have a great year. The o line should be better, Ewers should be better, tight ends should be batter and it's his contract year.

And it will be all about himself. He is a deva that doesn't live up to the headache. He is a negative to the program

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

The University of Wayward Longhorns grabs another:

I got no problem with this like some others on the board. The young man committed to us and suffered unfortunate injuries. He put his head down and got back on the field. He was not good enough for us but I wish him the best of luck. 

• Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

Burton is reporting that Worthy is returning for the 2023 season. 

What exactly has been said? Worthy’s main NIL stuff is good through May. Did he report he’s back for the semester, or did he specifically say that Worthy is coming back for the 2023 season? I can believe the former, but I am from Missouri on the latter. 

1 hour ago, nineliveslost said:

yay more drama and drop passes

I give Worthy plenty of shit, but he is still the best WR on the team. DCs that played Texas game planned to limit Bijan  first and Worthy second. No other receiver was on their radar. Worthy wants to be in the draft next year. He has a lots of faults, but I want him back for what will be his contract year. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I give Worthy plenty of shit, but he is still the best WR on the team. DCs that played Texas game planned to limit Bijan  first and Worthy second. No other receiver was on their radar. Worthy wants to be in the draft next year. He has a lots of faults, but I want him back for what will be his contract year. 

I’m there. Unless Stewart is walking through the door, we need to hold on to Worthy and pray he improves. 

• Hook 'Em 3

52 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What exactly has been said? Worthy’s main NIL stuff is good through May. Did he report he’s back for the semester, or did he specifically say that Worthy is coming back for the 2023 season? I can believe the former, but I am from Missouri on the latter. 

He made it sound like Worthy is coming back to play next fall. 

31 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’m there. Unless Stewart is walking through the door, we need to hold on to Worthy and pray he improves. 

Rather than “praying he improves”, we could just not call any bombs to him. He seemed to catch the ball fine on short passes.

Let him figure out tracking the ball in the NFL. Send someone else who can catch the ball on deep passes. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Rather than “praying he improves”, we could just not call any bombs to him. He seemed to catch the ball fine on short passes.

Let him figure out tracking the ball in the NFL. Send someone else who can catch the ball on deep passes. 

Pray Neyor is healthy then 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I would think that with both Worthy and Whittington coming back, our WR portal number is now 1. 

Nah, Worthy is an unreliable person and will have no problem fucking us over in May. We should take two and pretend like Worthy isn't here. Which means you are probably right - we will take one and then be caught off-guard when Worthy "unexpectedly" portals this summer.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

57 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Nah, Worthy is an unreliable person and will have no problem fucking us over in May. We should take two and pretend like Worthy isn't here. Which means you are probably right - we will take one and then be caught off-guard when Worthy "unexpectedly" portals this summer.

What's the sales pitch to a transfer with p5 talent(a 2nd transfer WR), likely used to being a #1 WR or wanting to be a #1, to come to Texas and chance being the 3rd, 4th, or 5th option?

Our 3rd WR had 8 catches, our 4th had 6, and our 5th had 2. We return 83% of all the receiving production from last season.

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Which means you are probably right - we will take one and then be caught off-guard when Worthy "unexpectedly" portals this summer.

Just an FYI...  After Jan 18th, the second 2023 portal window runs in the spring from May 1-15.  

So if Worthy considers leaving after spring ball, Texas will at least get notice by May 15th that he is considering leaving.  

Roach on Catalon

Spoiler

— It was pretty quiet in Austin over the weekend except for the Sunday visit for Arkansas transfer safety Jalen Catalon. Catalon made a run of visits this week, including trips to Purdue and Texas A&M before finishing off in Austin. I was told by a source on the Texas side that they felt the visit was going really well. In fact, at the time of this writing the visit is in its final hours. After talking to a source near Catalon, I think this comes down to Texas and Purdue. 

(Photo: Andy Altenburger/Icon Sportswire, Getty)

Those I spoke with didn’t give the Aggies much of a chance citing some “disarray” from the season and the return of veteran starter Demani Richardson to the lineup. Texas was able to give Catalon a good pitch and I was told they “showed a lot of love” which was noticed by Catalon. He did have some questions about the program, defense and what happened with players on the roster he knew that ended up deciding to transfer.

Additionally, Purdue really grabbed his attention. The Boilermakers present a lot of opportunities and he likes new head coach Ryan Walters who has a background as a defensive back coach. Purdue also made a move to hire Sam Carter who was at Arkansas with Catalon for a period of time. Sources at Purdue seem confident that the Boilermakers are the team to beat while sources in Austin feel the opposite. The source I spoke with near Catalon felt it was close but gave a slight edge to the Boilermakers.

It’s worth noting that this source gave us this information before the visit was over, so we’ll continue to monitor any changes there. From what I understand, each school has talked NIL with Catalon, but it isn’t a huge factor. He knows he’s one healthy year away from the NFL and is simply looking fo tfind the best fit for him from a one-year development standpoint. We expect a decision to come pretty quickly following these trips.

58 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Roach is terrible. NIL "isn't a huge factor." Sure it's not, chucklehead.

Also, everyone and their brother knows this was already down to Texas and Purdue. Just worthless. 

he's coming off of a weekend of visits, so it makes sense for him to put out a few notes...i don't love Roach but this is not something to get worked up at.

the next sentence covers WHY he isn't as focused on NIL as other people in the portal. if he was all about NIL, do you think Purdue would have made the cut? does it matter? sure but is it his #1 thing? no.

From what I understand, each school has talked NIL with Catalon, but it isn’t a huge factor. He knows he’s one healthy year away from the NFL and is simply looking fo tfind the best fit for him from a one-year development standpoint

if you think that the people who read Roach are also the people who follow Texas recruiting enough to post in the recruiting forum or follow it super closely, you are wrong.

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, NoName said:

he's coming off of a weekend of visits, so it makes sense for him to put out a few notes...i don't love Roach but this is not something to get worked up at.

the next sentence covers WHY he isn't as focused on NIL as other people in the portal. if he was all about NIL, do you think Purdue would have made the cut? does it matter? sure but is it his #1 thing? no.

if you think that the people who read Roach are also the people who follow Texas recruiting enough to post in the recruiting forum or follow it super closely, you are wrong.

Seems like you love Roach

Dating-couple-love-romance GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I prefer Roach to guys like FCB. He is very careful with his information. People get annoyed about that, but he will never fuck up a recruitment for Texas. That should be rule #1 for any 9.95er

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bevo said:

guess you don't read the recruiting threads much, so no. i just don't understand people shitting on him for dumbass reasons.

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I prefer Roach to guys like FCB. He is very careful with his information. People get annoyed about that, but he will never fuck up a recruitment for Texas. That should be rule #1 for any 9.95er

Roach is the last to report a lot of stuff, but he works harder than most of the 9.95ers travel wise and gets around. he isn't terrible but he isn't good.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1