2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

59 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

OC at Purdue will be running a form of "Air Raid" so Hudson won't be forced to run the ball nearly as often as Duggan has for the horned toads.

38 minutes ago, pacman said:

But, what if running as a QB is Card's strength...

Based on what we saw from Card these last couple seasons, Card can definitely make big plays with his feet if nobody is open or a play breaks down. But he isn't built to run the volume of designed QB runs that Max Duggan or Sam Ehlinger did. Card lit it up as a passer in Lake Travis' offense, so Card going to school that runs an Air Raid offense make sense.

Edited by TheMailBox357
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

12 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

FCB on Hudson Card:

I’m told by a source close to the situation, former UT quarterback Hudson Card turned down more NIL “opportunity” as part of a “hard push by TCU” to go to Purdue, where “he wouldn’t have to face his alma mater — the Texas Longhorns.”

I hope at some point while he was telling tcu no thanks he slipped in an obligatory fuck the Brocks. 

• Hook 'Em 4

13 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

FCB on Hudson Card:

I’m told by a source close to the situation, former UT quarterback Hudson Card turned down more NIL “opportunity” as part of a “hard push by TCU” to go to Purdue, where “he wouldn’t have to face his alma mater — the Texas Longhorns.”

56 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Maybe Card values not being a bitch ass traitor

Fuck Jared Wiley!

1 hour ago, Longhornlove said:

I'm sure you are saying that in jest. The kid wants to start and it ain't happening here. He could have left us high and dry before this season and he didn't. If he was headed to Oklahoma, yeah, Purdue......uh.....no. Good luck to him, he isn't a traitor in my eyes. He came back and greatly improved himself when he could have transferred all while almost everyone on this forum was openly calling him all kinds of derogatory names.

No. I don’t think he’s saying it in jest.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Like he jump started it vs Kansas?

or Alabama where he led the team to 3/4 FGs on 9 drives compared to the other QB that lead the team to 10 points on 2 drives.

It's crazy how when he started 3 games, everyone was ready for him to get benched, but when he becomes the backup, he suddenly becomes the jump starter. 

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

When Ewers couldn’t hit the ocean while standing on the beach yes it would have been nice to see if anyone else could have been more successful in those games. 

He shit the bed against Kansas in 2021.  Everyone knows it is unpossible to improve during the offseason.   Never mind he did well against Alabama this year - that didn't count. 

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

or Alabama where he led the team to 3/4 FGs on 9 drives compared to the other QB that lead the team to 10 points on 2 drives.

It's crazy how when he started 3 games, everyone was ready for him to get benched, but when he becomes the backup, he suddenly becomes the jump starter. 

The story of the backup Texas QB's life

23 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Casey Cain outplaying X was not a square that I expected to cover on my Alamo Bowl bingo card.

I'm so over his shit. I hope we let him walk. Given how tonight played out, I really think things would have gone better if the majority of his targets had gone to Whittington or even Cain. Casey fucking Cain. Let all of Worthy's "will he or won't he" drama bullshit be someone else's problem.

Edit: or better yet. Let him walk and then force aggy to decide whether they want to mortgage their shitty stadium to keep Evan Stewart

Edited by campcrunk

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

What an absolute disastrous performance for him if his intention was to use this game to get paid again.  

I'd guess he's leaving. That's the sort of game you play when you're completely checked out and you know you're not coming back to the team.

Edited by satyanash
  • Hook 'Em 4

13 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Get 2x portal receivers — whatever it takes. What we have on campus right now isn’t getting it done.

Yeah, the WR group as a whole needs to play a lot better in 2023.  If the right transfer WRs become available, add 2 more.  Otherwise, JT will continue to get double coverage wherever he goes which really sucks.

I also expect a helluva lot more from Coach Marion than we got in 2022 -- this dude needs produce better results from his WR room... 

Edited by LTtxfan
messed up
  • Hook 'Em 8

Worthy has shown he is fast once he has the ball in hand.  He hasn't shown anything else this year.  If he's going to hold UT to his NIL demands, move on.  Watch the play of OU Mims (sp?) or FSU that tall WR that did miss one TD throw but proved it for over 200 yards.  They may miss a few but give everything to try and had some spectacular catches that help their QB out.

For a player the coaches laud about work ethic etc. , I don't see any of it on the field and this isn't the first game like this.  Call him on NIL, let him go.  Get some portal WRs to complement Cook. 

On Sark and Marion, I'm not seeing the benefit of the 5'10" 170lb WR room.  This game screamed entitlement and not earning it at multiple skill positions.  How much is coaching vs. effort, no clue.  Defense had some issues but played well enough to win this game.  Offense was bad - QE did what was asked, this isn't on him.  Worthy is not a #1 WR, he's proved he is situational all year.     

• Hook 'Em 4

If Worthy tries to shake us down for more money, it’s probably for the best if we let him go enjoy sunny Southern California. Sark’s insistence on designing the entire passing game around such a limited receiver has cost us multiple games now. Like taking a bottle of Jack Daniels away from an alcoholic, Worthy leaving might improve our overall offense. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1