2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’ve decided that you’re a cunt. So I negged you. If I throw a dog a bone, I’m not interested in hearing about how it tastes. I gave you background on how this shit works, you chose to twist it into a scenario in which Texas is getting beaten on it, and they are not. They didn’t go after the OSU LB because it felt like an overspend. USC, true to Riley’s form, would prefer to focus on defense out of necessity, so they’re going to overspend on defense in the portal. That has nothing to do with Texas not being willing and ready to do so when it sees the right opportunity, you overly simplistic fuck. 

Much better. Thank you fine sir. 

Edited by tejas60
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’ve decided that you’re a cunt. So I negged you. If I throw a dog a bone, I’m not interested in hearing about how it tastes. I gave you background on how this shit works, you chose to twist it into a scenario in which Texas is getting beaten on it, and they are not. They didn’t go after the OSU LB because it felt like an overspend. USC, true to Riley’s form, would prefer to focus on defense out of necessity, so they’re going to overspend on defense in the portal. That has nothing to do with Texas not being willing and ready to do so when it sees the right opportunity, you overly simplistic fuck. 

I don't care about your ad hominems or your tired tough guy movie quotes.  I never said USC beat Texas heads up for anyone, I said USC is being more active in filling the holes on their roster.  If Texas thinks Mason Cobb or whoever else isn't worth the money they're asking for, fine, whatever.  And if we come out swinging after the New Year or spring practice and clean up all of our roster issues, great!

I still don't like the fact that other programs are being more proactive than we are when there are guys out there that I think could help the team.  If that makes me a cunt, go right ahead and neg away.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 5

12 minutes ago, Fumbles said:

I don't care about your ad hominems or your tired tough guy movie quotes.  I never said USC beat Texas heads up for anyone, I said USC is being more active in filling the holes on their roster.  If Texas thinks Mason Cobb or whoever else isn't worth the money they're asking for, fine, whatever.  And if we come out swinging after the New Year or spring practice and clean up all of our roster issues, great!

I still don't like the fact that other programs are being more proactive than we are when there are guys out there that I think could help the team.  If that makes me a cunt, go right ahead and neg away.  

Just because you think they could help the team doesn't mean the staff thinks they could help the team. Furthermore if you think your opinion matters that much I do believe the school has an opening for a Director of Highschool Relations position Feel free to submit your application.

Edited by BornAndRaised
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

26 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Animated GIF

And if you stop him from walking again he’s gonna cut your jacobs off you fucking fringe!! 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

image.gif.54d63313a52ea01594332b85f56748ea.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

image.gif.cef0712e7160cfd1e731d4ddffacb276.gif

Edited by Vertigo
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BornAndRaised said:

Just because you think they could help the team doesn't mean the staff thinks they could help the team. Furthermore if you think your opinion matters that much I do believe the school has an opening for a Director of Highschool Relations position Feel free to submit your application.

I suspect that this guy already has high-school "relations", if you catch my drift.

1 hour ago, Fumbles said:

Burnt Ends?  It is “we” after all.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

We really need a crayon font option for moments like these, @immamac.

Y'all need to calm down. Our roster is in a good spot. I've got us for 10 wins next year even if we don't add a transfer. 

Assuming X stays, the offense depends far more on Quinn's development than a transfer WR. 

Most discussion seems to be around the defense though. This staff is going to develop players. We've got a lot of options to replace Ovie.. I haven't given up on Crawford at safety either and Holmes gives us a lot of options to move guys to that spot. PK has fielded elite defenses with far less talent than we'll have on campus in a month. It was understandable to doubt him last offseason, but personally, he's earned my trust back. They stood by a far less proven roster last year and it worked out great. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Y'all need to calm down. Our roster is in a good spot. I've got us for 10 wins next year even if we don't add a transfer. 

Assuming X stays, the offense depends far more on Quinn's development than a transfer WR. 

Most discussion seems to be around the defense though. This staff is going to develop players. We've got a lot of options to replace Ovie.. I haven't given up on Crawford at safety either and Holmes gives us a lot of options to move guys to that spot. PK has fielded elite defenses with far less talent than we'll have on campus in a month. It was understandable to doubt him last offseason, but personally, he's earned my trust back. They stood by a far less proven roster last year and it worked out great. 

If you are counting on Crawford for anything you are going to be very disappointed. He’s going to be in the portal in May. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, FreeHorn said:

In regards to a certain WR there are two things at play. 1 - His current team is absolutely aware of all the “rumors” and understands how much the potential transfer would hurt the school’s perception. Desperate times call for desperate measures. 2 - The family has been made some very big promises in regard to OC and scheme change. I doubt you see any movement until the OC is hired. That’s going to work in Texas favor cause it doesn’t seem like the big splash promised is going to happen. 

This is correct but got one massive thing incorrect…their future hire, Damayuene Craig is the big splash that we all want to happen

• Hook 'Em 9

5 hours ago, Fumbles said:

Ok, so it is a financial issue.  If that's the case, and Texas is "doing everything it can to be righ they’re on that," why are other programs doing so much better at filling their holes than we are?  Look at what USC is doing in the portal.  Are they more "armed to the teeth financially" than Texas?  

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 7

Weren't we laughing at A&M thinking they'd get everyone in the portal and having to pay a ton of $ to retain the little talent they have?

Though we're not in a horrendous shape going forward like they are, it seems we were premature in confidently declaring we'd feast with the portal.

Hopefully this wave of post-bowl transfers with good players materializes. Think counting on the roster as is is a pretty blatantly stupid decision

Overall I agree about the selectiveness. Like the old saying goes, don't let perfect be the enemy of good

Edited by Surlian
-

4 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

How much credit to you give Patterson for the turn around?

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Regarding point #2, I could see Jimbo dragging that out past the closing date for portal entries.

I agree with this. But there is always spring window. 

7 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

FCB on Hudson Card:

I’m told by a source close to the situation, former UT quarterback Hudson Card turned down more NIL “opportunity” as part of a “hard push by TCU” to go to Purdue, where “he wouldn’t have to face his alma mater — the Texas Longhorns.”

How generous of Hudson

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I do know that a couple of great players (like Travis Hunter) aren't going to have the same impact playing in the P5 as they would in a lower level like HBCUs.  

True. But they can easily do what aggy has been doing. The PAC 12 is not a powerhouse conference. If they play decent football and manipulate their schedule, Colorado can easily be a consistent 8 or 9 win team without being that good. Aggy ended up with a number 1 class using that formula and buying players. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

It appears that one of you reprobates left the door open on the way back from the football board. The last page had been awash with stupid. Next time please bar the door as God intended to spare those of us with IQs in the triple digits. 

This thread is a portal to the football board 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

FCB on Hudson Card:

I’m told by a source close to the situation, former UT quarterback Hudson Card turned down more NIL “opportunity” as part of a “hard push by TCU” to go to Purdue, where “he wouldn’t have to face his alma mater — the Texas Longhorns.”

Or he didn't want to risk not winning the job over Chandler Morris, who originally beat out Duggan before getting injured in game one 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Fumbles said:

Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

FCB on Hudson Card:

If true, bad decision by Hudson Card. TCU is definitely a better spot than Purdue as long he beat out Chandler Morris.

• Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

The last thing Card needed to do was go somewhere where he would be involved in a 6 month QB competition for the 3rd straight year.

He needed to go to a place where he could walk in and start.

That and he might like what Purdue is offering in terms of offense and how they plan to use him more than what TCU is offering.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Nivek said:

That and he might like what Purdue is offering in terms of offense and how they plan to use him more than what TCU is offering.

TCU is also losing a shit ton of offensive skill talent, and they run their QB to make their run game functional. Card wouldn't make it a full year doing what Riley asked Duggan to do. Hell, their preferred QB, didn't even make it through the 1st game healthy.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

OC at Purdue will be running a form of "Air Raid" so Hudson won't be forced to run the ball nearly as often as Duggan has for the horned toads.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

Yah, I too have noticed that the biggest critics of Texas NIL efforts are invariably lacking the “Burnt Ends” badge.  

Being caught up in the holiday spirit is the only thing that kept me from saying what I thought, which was “Fuck you and your shitty takes until YOU become WE.  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

OC at Purdue will be running a form of "Air Raid" so Hudson won't be forced to run the ball nearly as often as Duggan has for the horned toads.

I am sure they try to stick to the Joe Tiller version as much as possible. That worked out ok for Drew Brees. 

1 hour ago, TheMailBox357 said:

If true, bad decision by Hudson Card. TCU is definitely a better spot than Purdue as long he beat out Chandler Morris.

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

TCU is also losing a shit ton of offensive skill talent, and they run their QB to make their run game functional. Card wouldn't make it a full year doing what Riley asked Duggan to do. Hell, their preferred QB, didn't even make it through the 1st game healthy.

The reason TCU ran a lot of QB run game is becuz Max Duggan was their QB1. If Chandler Morris hadn't gotten hurt, it's safe to assume that the QB run game wouldn't have been as big a part of their offense. Also despite the fact that TCU is losing their older skill talent, we all still expect the younger & incoming skill talent at TCU to be superior to fuccing Purdue.

23 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

TCU also runs an "Air Raid" offense. Sonny Dykes being a much more proven Air Raid coach than Graham Harrell + TCU having superior skill talent to Purdue = TCU being a better spot for Card than Purdue (Not factoring in QB competition OFC)

• Fuck You 1