2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Was productive as an Edge player two seasons ago, maybe dinged up this season?

https://godeacs.com/sports/football/roster/rondell-bothroyd/6739

Don’t think it was an injury thing as much as he just disappeared a lot against better competition. You would also think he would be headed to the NFL and not the portal if he was that highly thought of. 

28 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I guess quality MBA program wasn't as high on the list of requirements as many thought.

19 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

There are posters here that actually know what the fuck they are talking about?

Purdue is a pretty damn strong MBA program. Isn’t McCombs, but it’s easily in the top 50 with multiplied highly ranked programs. Depends on what he’s going in for, but since he’s not going to Mich, UW, NW, UT etc, Purdue is a very solid choice. 

Bigger question is what is the NIL package and more appropriately what contacts does this get him in Chicago longterm.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Purdue is a pretty damn strong MBA program. Isn’t McCombs, but it’s easily in the top 50 with multiplied highly ranked programs. Depends on what he’s going in for, but since he’s not going to Mich, UW, NW, UT etc, Purdue is a very solid choice. 

Bigger question is what is the NIL package and more appropriately what contacts does this get him in Chicago longterm.

No it isn’t. They suspended their full-time program a few years ago and only offer weekend, exec and online modalities now.

Go back to sleep.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Henry Hill said:

No it isn’t. They suspended their full-time program a few years ago and only offer weekend, exec and online modalities now.

Go back to sleep.

Maybe he’s looking to get an engineering degree. 

🤷‍♂️

97472037-0217-4988-92CD-C8580989D82E.thumb.png.fc1989996c6d6d0188c6e4e3b7da9290.png

https://engineering.purdue.edu/Engr/AboutUs/FactsFigures/Rankings/2022

Edited by Napoleon

11 minutes ago, Henry Hill said:

Go back to sleep.

So what you’re saying is:

Hudson Card ain’t here to play (business) school 

Edited by ATXhorn17

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I guess quality MBA program wasn't as high on the list of requirements as many thought.

Bro, Purdue is a good school with a good academic reputation. Did you think he was going Northwestern/Stanford or bust? He’s also walking into a good offensive coordinator situation. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

It's almost as if there are posters here that don't know what the fuck that they're talking about.

Any University ranked below aggy and not in the top 100 is an issue (unless I missed it). For all of us that make fun of Arizona State they seem to have a good business school #29. I would have thought they were behind aggy and Purdue.

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/mba-rankings

Edited by DanTheHorn

Just now, DanTheHorn said:

Any University ranked below aggy and not in the top 100 is an issue (unless I missed it). For all of us that make fun of Arizona State they seem to have a good business school.

Yeah, a friend out here has a kid ASU.  I asked "Why ASU?". Lots of great Cali schools with in-state tuition.   The answer was "the business school", and I was shocked. 

11 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Any University ranked below aggy and not in the top 100 is an issue (unless I missed it). For all of us that make fun of Arizona State they seem to have a good business school #29. I would have thought they were behind aggy and Purdue.

Go ahead and wave your Arizona State and UT -Dallas MBA ahead of Penn State, Purdue and Ohio St and see how fucking far that gets you. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Bro, Purdue is a good school with a good academic reputation. Did you think he was going Northwestern/Stanford or bust? He’s also walking into a good offensive coordinator situation. 

Purdue has decent exec MBA programs but their full time program was so bad they shut it down a few years back. They were actually losing money on it

Edited by JesusSweatDuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Sometimes I don’t understand our portal strategy

Well we're clearly no longer taking anyone's underachieving backups, and we're also no longer taking Devin Richardsons. I prefer this way. Passing on proven EdGeS who would certainly play here is interesting, and I'm choosing to believe they're super high on all of our young guys.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2022 at 12:36 PM, Surlian said:

Unfortunately I don't, it was on a general college football discussion thread. Think it was in a topic about them getting the Mizzou WR (Levett? Idr the spelling) and some Jawja fans mentioned it. I'll try to find it 

And yeah, I forgot to mention he's not actually in the portal yet. Sounds like he'd be a guy we tampered (but not by the actual definition of the rule) with. He'd fit the big WR mold we're missing so I'm here for it lol 

Im not sure i buy this. We already have this guy on our roster in Neyor. A big bodied downfield target coming off an injury.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Casey Cain will probably get a lot of playing time next season unless we can find a WR with Neyor’s height. 

Huh? Assuming Whittington comes back, Cain is at best the #4 receiver and the odds of him being passed up by Red/Thompson/Cook or any Portal addition is pretty high. They basically stopped using him down the stretch this year. He did not record a catch after the Tech game.

I’ll say it’s a coin flip he’s even on the roster post spring and if he is I’ll set his over/under on catches in 2023 at 5.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Huh? Assuming Whittington comes back, Cain is at best the #4 receiver and the odds of him being passed up by Red/Thompson/Cook or any Portal addition is pretty high. They basically stopped using him down the stretch this year. He did not record a catch after the Tech game.

I’ll say it’s a coin flip he’s even on the roster post spring and if he is I’ll set his over/under on catches in 2023 at 5.

I assumed J-Whit would certainly be gone for the NFL. Outlook gets much more positive if he decides to come back. 🤞 

3 minutes ago, Knewk210 said:

I’m noticing a trend here. Texas transfers like Card go to well regarded programs while mercenary players transfer and end up at refuge schools like UCF, Ole Miss, LSU, French Foreign Legion Academy. 

Well regarded? C'mon man, Purdue ain't that bad

Edited by Mr. Mojo Risin'
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Im not sure i buy this. We already have this guy on our roster in Neyor. A big bodied downfield target coming off an injury.

Yeah, but Omeire ... no telling if Neyor fully recovers from his injury. Improving depth at the position won't hurt even if he does. As for the portal rumor, who knows.

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Yeah, a friend out here has a kid ASU.  I asked "Why ASU?". Lots of great Cali schools with in-state tuition.   The answer was "the business school", and I was shocked. 

Also underrated, ASUs #1 ranked STD program.  Students get life long lessons there all the time

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Yeah, but Omeire ... no telling if Neyor fully recovers from his injury. Improving depth at the position won't hurt even if he does. As for the portal rumor, who knows.

If the portal thing happens, it has to happen quietly and quickly. Otherwise, A&M would most definitely try to counter. And even if it does happen, I would imagine there would be enough salty ags to try to tamper with a lot of our guys in the upcoming year. Multiply this across the entire NCAA and expect to see a continued shitshow in the college football portal for the foreseeable future. 

25 minutes ago, Knewk210 said:

I’m noticing a trend here. Texas transfers like Card go to well regarded programs while mercenary players transfer and end up at refuge schools like UCF, Ole Miss, LSU, French Foreign Legion Academy. 

don't look up other transfers from Texas and where they ended up. You won't like the results.