2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

Still somewhat shocked Cain has not entered the portal as well. Just going to assume he is set to graduate either this Spring or after summer classes and wants to (smartly) secure that diploma first. Hard to imagine he ever sees the field for us again in anything but junk time. 

Edited by HateYouAndMyself

21 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Hall wasn’t contributing anything.

Crazy. Hall went from Bama’s top target in the National Championship game (granted, by way of injuries) to benchwarmer at Texas… I get that he had personal/character issues, but there had to be some way to get him involved. 

Edited by ATXhorn17

1 minute ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Crazy. Hall went from Bama’s top target in the National Championship game to benchwarmer at Texas… I get that he had personal/character issues, but there had to be some way to get him involved. 

Hall had like three catches at Alabama. He attended four high schools in four years. He was a walking, talking red flag and will never be a productive football player. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

If he was, have to believe its because Texas has a portal WR in the bag.

Could also have to do with Jwhit potentially returning. If we are adding a WR from the portal with size as expected plus Jwhit returns there is basically no chance for someone like Hall to see the field next year. Especially not with Cook likely to be play and contribute as a true FR. 

5 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Could also have to do with Jwhit potentially returning. If we are adding a WR from the portal with size as expected plus Jwhit returns there is basically no chance for someone like Hall to see the field next year. Especially not with Cook likely to be play and contribute as a true FR. 

Nahlin is saying we should “connect the dots” in light of the Agiye Hall move. But that it’s unrelated to the positive WR development from last week (presumably Whittington returning).

So we probably landed a ‘23 WR we didn’t expect or a new transfer WR.

Edited by ATXhorn17
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Honestly I’m not really sure what a portal player has to do with Hall. He made 1 catch this year and we were desperate for literally anyone to step up at WR outside of Worthy and Whitt.

The writing was on the wall that he wasn’t going to contribute here, doesn’t matter if we’re bringing in Evan Stewart in the portal or convincing Kai Money to come back and give us one more season. 

• Hook 'Em 2

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10059295-uncs-drake-maye-received-2-5m-offers-to-transfer-pitt-hc-pat-narduzzi-says

Skimmed the article and still trying to figure out what Narduzzi has to do with UNC/Maye.  Anyway, more behind the scenes transfer portal dealing.  Can anyone think of two programs in need of a proven starting QB, with a history of throwing cash around, with a lax perspective on ethics/compliance, and that "[get] all the top recruits"?

32 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Honestly I’m not really sure what a portal player has to do with Hall. He made 1 catch this year and we were desperate for literally anyone to step up at WR outside of Worthy and Whitt.

The writing was on the wall that he wasn’t going to contribute here, doesn’t matter if we’re bringing in Evan Stewart in the portal or convincing Kai Money to come back and give us one more season. 

This

4 minutes ago, BadgerHorn said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10059295-uncs-drake-maye-received-2-5m-offers-to-transfer-pitt-hc-pat-narduzzi-says

Skimmed the article and still trying to figure out what Narduzzi has to do with UNC/Maye.  Anyway, more behind the scenes transfer portal dealing.  Can anyone think of two programs in need of a proven starting QB, with a history of throwing cash around, with a lax perspective on ethics/compliance, and that "[get] all the top recruits"?

Alabama and Miami come to mind.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, BadgerHorn said:

Probably still pissed about Jordan Addison

15 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Dude’s getting some miles

Maye to Alabama should piss people off

I am sitting here scratching my head about Bama and the portal in regards to their QB for next season.

We all saw Milrone… he’s not it. I know they have a bad ass R-FR waiting in the wings, but that doesn’t seem like Saban to do that unless he absolutely has to.

So who is it going to be? The Maye news might have scuttled Saban’s preferred target but I doubt the prince of darkness himself is going to not bring in someone as a stopgap.

3 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I am sitting here scratching my head about Bama and the portal in regards to their QB for next season.

We all saw Milrone… he’s not it. I know they have a bad ass R-FR waiting in the wings, but that doesn’t seem like Saban to do that unless he absolutely has to.

So who is it going to be? The Maye news might have scuttled Saban’s preferred target but I doubt the prince of darkness himself is going to not bring in someone as a stopgap.

Screenshot_20221220_174923.thumb.jpg.c409118ca6d25a1840454de4c44adb9a.jpg

🤞🏼

1 hour ago, NoName said:

as a reminder, Hayes Fawcett did James B dirty with his commit edit. I know he is super white but he isn't the whitest person ever to play the game of football like his edit would have you believe:

"I know he is super white but he isn't the whitest person ever to play the game of football like his edit would have you believe"

Says no one who volunteers to live in the backwoods of Alabama.

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Alabama was for sure trying to buy Maye. Brazenly. I fucking hate them. Just a piece of shit program constantly getting rewarded for terrible behavior. 

I am sure Bama will land some big target. The big problem for them is that any major QB standout is making millions from here forward. Maye made money this year and he's absolutely going to make millions next year, most of it on the national NIL level. UNC's NIL machine is ultimately going to be pretty good too. 

The only way they land an actual big fish is on the tail of a big oc hire. The list of guys that could a)be followed by an incumbent starter better than probably Holstein at this point or b)entice a worthwhile target to the portal is really small. They’ll be outbid for anything open market imo. 

8 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

The only way they land an actual big fish is on the tail of a big oc hire. The list of guys that could a)be followed by an incumbent starter better than probably Holstein at this point or b)entice a worthwhile target to the portal is really small. They’ll be outbid for anything open market imo. 

I know it’s unlikely but please don’t let Card transfer to Bama. I just don’t want to hear the bullshit either way if he goes there with us playing them.

I am running through the list of above average guys that would bea JR that needs a bump in exposure or a SR that could use the payday and networking and I can squint and maybe see Hartman from WF as a target or Harris from UTSA as people that could be drug into the portal.

45 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Alabama was for sure trying to buy Maye. Brazenly. I fucking hate them. Just a piece of shit program constantly getting rewarded for terrible behavior. 

It's too bad Saban is old enough that he will retire before really being exposed by a leveled playing field

• Hook 'Em 6