2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

24 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Give me some portal DL names. It appears the staff cut Spencer loose and didn’t push on Benton.

They think they’re getting Akana. There are several edge guys that they’re looking to enter the portal. You guys can keep working that handwringing grind on wanting another interior DL all you want, I guess. Let’s see how it works out. 

• Hook 'Em 4

47 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

A large percentage of labral repair patients are never able to compete again. The time frame for hitting the field is surgeon and patient dependent but works out to 3 months — never.

So you're there might not be a chance? 

A large percentage of labral repair patients are never able to compete again. The time frame for hitting the field is surgeon and patient dependent but works out to 3 months — never.

Thanks - I’m out of town now. But every honest opinion boils down to this same thing. He’s likely dislocated multiple times; his glenoid and labrum are shit. You’re correct though: if his last surgeon duct taped that stuff well enough, he can hopefully last on a season-to-season basis.

12 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Taking Catalon as a lotto ticket would be understandable, provided that’s not plan A to address our lack of depth at Safety. I’m super skeptical that he’ll play meaningful snaps again, but maybe the stars align for a final hurrah.

Lack of depth? We just gave a scholarship to Taeffe....we are set!

39 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Taking Catalon as a lotto ticket would be understandable, provided that’s not plan A to address our lack of depth at Safety. I’m super skeptical that he’ll play meaningful snaps again, but maybe the stars align for a final hurrah.

The difficult question is actually how much you would pay for said lotto ticket? The supply on portal people isn’t endless. 

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

2 seasons multiple injuries, would be a pass for me from a data standpoint. 

2 minutes ago, RichUT said:

My lotto ticket take was rooted in the “don’t worry about the numbers” mindset. If we’re dealing with a finite number of portal takes, you don’t take Catalon at the expense of a quality player with much greater odds of playing 10-12 games next year.

I don’t know how much powder is in our keg on transfers, but I do know we’d always like more. It costs more than forecast from a retention perspective and that is likely a problem for every program. I’m interested to see how aggressive, or non-aggressive, they are with Catalon. It will tell us a lot. He was not on the list. 

1 minute ago, Ricky Butler said:

Yeah, have to get guys that will actually be available week to week. Neyor (can't predict any of that) and Agiye not doing anything totally boned our WR core.

They never expected Hall to be a big contributor for 2022. He is the definition of a lottery ticket. If they can help him become a functioning human being, and retain him, he could be a windfall. They only did it because they had the room and patience for it though. I’m interested to see how it works out. 

• Hook 'Em 8

5 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I'd be fine with taking Catalon with the knowledge that he won't participate in the scrimmage or much of any full contact practice. Keep him in bubble wrap until Labor Day and hope that's enough.

No man is an island, entire of itself. Every man is a piece of the roster, a part of the main. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

WOW at this commit:
ASU must need bodies on their roster.

Sounds about right. They just replaced a coach, and while I don’t follow them so all I would assume they absolutely need bodies between that and fallout from the recruiting scandal. Dorbah was nothing much here, but it’s entirely possible they could do worse than a decent athlete who played a bit on a pretty good P5 defense.
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Oklahoma state is taking a lot of portal players

Arkansas State cornerback Kenneth Harris announced on Sunday that he would continue his collegiate journey in Stillwater.  Harris has two years of eligibility remaining thanks to the NCAA’s Covid-19 eligibility waiver.

After Arkansas State transfer corner Kenneth Harris committed to Oklahoma State earlier in the day, UNLV transfer offensive lineman Noah McKinney also announced his pledge to the Pokes. Listed at 6-foot-5, 310 pounds, McKinney just finished his first season in Vegas, where he redshirted, meaning the former three-star prospect still has four years of eligibility remaining

McKinney becomes the seventh player OSU has taken out of the portal (eighth if you count JUCO DB Lardarius Webb Jr.). He comes at a position of need, as well. The Cowboys’ offensive line depth has been tested a lot over the past few years, leading to OSU being ninth in the Big 12 in rushing and eighth in sacks allowed in 2022.

McKinney joins Texas State transfer Dalton Cooper as offensive linemen OSU have pulled out of the portal. The Cowboys also have three high school offensive linemen committed in Jack Endean (Tucson, Arizona), Gage Stanaland (Tuscola, Texas) and JaKobe Sanders (Stillwater).

Edited by LTtxfan

Okie Lite hoping for UVA QB

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/wisconsin-lands-ou-qb-transfer-potentially-putting-osu-in-position-to-land-uva-qb-transfer/ 

Virginia QB transfer Brennan Armstrong

Armstrong is a lefty with a cannon for an arm who passed for 9,034 yards during his time at Virginia along with 58 touchdowns and 35 interceptions. The 6-foot-2, 215-pound talent is plenty mobile, too, as he rushed for 552 yards three seasons ago, 251 yards two seasons ago and 371 yards this season to go with 20 combined rushing touchdowns in that span. Notably, he led an aerial attack in 2021 that ranked second nationally in pass yards per game.