2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

10 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Jonathan Smith may very well be the guy to turn him around.  If he plays well, Oregon St could be legit next year

I’ve been down on him but he actually had comparable or slightly better passing stats than Oregon State’s two QBs had this past year.  He was just in a program where they’ve come to expect near perfection.  I think lowered expectations more than the coach will do him some good.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

I’ve been down on him but he actually had comparable or slightly better passing stats than Oregon State’s two QBs had this past year.  He was just in a program where they’ve come to expect near perfection.  I think lowered expectations more than the coach will do him some good.  

Not sure the OC/QB coaching for Dabo is worth a shit now... watching DJ at Oregon State is gonna be interesting next year.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

Some Georgia fans mentioned they were hearing we were targeting AD Mitchell as a potential portal guy. He's been hurt most of this year and he doesn't exactly have stats, but they seemed to really want to keep him and were upset at the news, so who knows. Does have the big body frame we're missing at the WR position, but I'm guessing we're waiting for a bigger name to come up. Hadn't seen him mentioned here, but maybe he was awhile back and I just didn't see 

https://247sports.com/Player/Adonai-Mitchell-46085140/

Edited by Surlian
-
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Surlian said:

Some Georgia fans mentioned they were hearing we were targeting AD Mitchell as a potential portal guy. He's been hurt most of this year and he doesn't exactly have stats, but they seemed to really want to keep him and were upset at the news, so who knows. Does have the big body frame we're missing at the WR position, but I'm guessing we're waiting for a bigger name to come up. Hadn't seen him mentioned here, but maybe he was awhile back and I just didn't see 

Good production as a Freshman - 29 catches for 426 yards and 4 touchdowns.  Looks like he spent most of the year battling a high ankle sprain and ended up only playing in 4 games.

247 says he is a Fort Bend kid who ended up playing his Jr & Sr years in Tennessee.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Surlian said:

• Like 1

LB and WR might be needs from portal...

Jeff Howe at Alamo Bowl   Dec 24th

--Whittington and Ford both told me they’re undecided on whether to turn pro or come back to Texas. Both said they’ll focus on their decisions after the bowl game.

(Hope FORD comes back for 2023 Season)

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Surlian said:

21 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Good production as a Freshman - 29 catches for 426 yards and 4 touchdowns.  Looks like he spent most of the year battling a high ankle sprain and ended up only playing in 4 games.

247 says he is a Fort Bend kid who ended up playing his Jr & Sr years in Tennessee.

Interesting as I don't think I've heard or read any of the UT 9.95ers mention AD Mitchell. Maybe becuz he isn't in the Portal yet?

@Surlian Do you have a link to a UGA forum thread where they were discussing this?

• Fuck You 1

59 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Interesting as I don't think I've heard or read any of the UT 9.95ers mention AD Mitchell. Maybe becuz he isn't in the Portal yet?

@Surlian Do you have a link to a UGA forum thread where they were discussing this?

Unfortunately I don't, it was on a general college football discussion thread. Think it was in a topic about them getting the Mizzou WR (Levett? Idr the spelling) and some Jawja fans mentioned it. I'll try to find it 

And yeah, I forgot to mention he's not actually in the portal yet. Sounds like he'd be a guy we tampered (but not by the actual definition of the rule) with. He'd fit the big WR mold we're missing so I'm here for it lol 

• Like 1