2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

19 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

aHR0cHM6Ly9pbWFnZXMucmEuY28vMTk5NWM1Y2Vk

To me this is a period that will see portal changes here and there but the landscape for us will not really change. We will still have a shit coach that needs to have an epiphany on how to get out of his mediocrity syndrome. No essential superstars are leaving or coming to us via portal. The QB if he meets his potential will start making scrub receivers look like super stars, OL has potential to be great and running back room looks set. 

Illustration Help GIF

• Hook 'Em 4

18 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I thought the portal technically opens Dec 5? How are guys already getting offers?

He’s a grad transfer - he doesn’t have to wait until the 5th. 

should be noted that he mentioned his wife in his announcement - I wonder just how far they’re willing to move. 

18 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Last cycle, Arkansas was one of the schools that (allegedly) was aggressively recruiting kids before they hit the portal.  I seem to recall Drew Sanders having followed the entire Arkansas coaching staff on Twitter before entering the portal.  Hopefully our staff wont be working with as big a handicap this go around.

48 minutes ago, immamac said:

There was a huge spike in bandwidth yesterday and I couldn’t figure out wtf happened but I knew it was right around the card news dropping. Then I remembered this post lmao 75MB worth of GIFs on the busiest thread on the site yesterday at 4PM will do it. Hahaha 

I apologize for this transgression.  As I added GIFs, I was shocked that I didn't hit a file size limit, so I kept going like any reasonable person would do.  I will cut off my left hand as punishment.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

18 hours ago, texifornia said:

I thought he was going to be really good out of high school

I’m wondering when some of these guys are going to figure out that…

God doesn’t sit around drawing out plans for 2nd string QBs at mid-level colleges in the USA.

Lauren Hashian Wtf GIF by swerk

37 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I’m wondering when some of these guys are going to figure out that…

God doesn’t sit around drawing out plans for 2nd string QBs at mid-level colleges in the USA.

Lauren Hashian Wtf GIF by swerk

He’s infinite and all powerful and knowing. If a Russian doesn’t take a dump without a plan then surely God can have a plan for all his children, even third string FCS punters, let alone backup QB’s. 

10 hours ago, Professor Chesney said:

Last cycle, Arkansas was one of the schools that (allegedly) was aggressively recruiting kids before they hit the portal.  I seem to recall Drew Sanders having followed the entire Arkansas coaching staff on Twitter before entering the portal.  Hopefully our staff wont be working with as big a handicap this go around.

Ole Miss was really active in portal last yr too

I actually wondered if the programs Worthy was interested in were currently that interested in him. Bama and USC can probably pull any receiver they want. Why pay big money for a guy who’s not currently at the top of his game when there are better options available?

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Twitter Follow Updates:

Sark is now following Austin Peay WR Drae McCray on twitter (along with Tulsa LB Justin Wright).

McCray stats were posted earlier - he was incredibly productive in two years with the Governors.

https://letsgopeay.com/sports/football/roster/drae-mccray/9931

Marion is now following Navarro JUCO LB  Chatavies Johnson.

https://navarrobulldogs.com/sports/fball/2021-22/bios/johnson_chatavies?view=career&pos=d

ADOPP JM Jones is also following Austin Peay WR Drae McCray

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I actually wondered if the programs Worthy was interested in were currently that interested in him. Bama and USC can probably pull any receiver they want. Why pay big money for a guy who’s not currently at the top of his game when there are better options available?

Ice Cube Reaction GIF

• Haha 6