Mark Emmert quits NCAA

immamac

20 minutes ago, immamac said:

Saw news report didn't see thread. Steps down June 2023 or as soon as new president is found. Approved by NCAA governing board. 

He had an impossible job, yet was still monumentally shitty at it.  Like, he combined the worst parts of Bud Selig, David Stern, Roger Goodell, Gary Bettman, and Rob Manfred into one sentient human.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

He had an impossible job, yet was still monumentally shitty at it.  Like, he combined the worst parts of Bud Selig, David Stern, Roger Goodell, Gary Bettman, and Rob Manfred into one sentient human.  

Not surprised if he’ll be the head of a congressional committee to dictate fairness in governing college athletics. Or the becoming the head of the consulting firm who dictates which lawmakers get to be on that congressional committee. 

• Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, MrBig said:

Not surprised if he’ll be the head of a congressional committee to dictate fairness in governing college athletics. Or the becoming the head of the consulting firm who dictates which lawmakers get to be on that congressional committee. 

King Of The Hill Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

He has an enormous amount of tolerance for rape, sexual assault and child molestation. I wonder what the Big 10 will do now…

I was going to say:

”He looks like a guy who gets raped a lot, but refuses to rat out his abusers.”, but you beat me to it. 

13 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

So, Bob Bowlsby?

• Rage+1 1

Well he did his job ensuring complete disparity in punishment for the same shit and that Kansas never be touched, so I guess it was worthwhile on his end. I hope he gets hit by a Guinness truck and doesn’t die right away but slowly, because fuck him forever.

Edited by 'stache

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I think Mack would do some good in that role actually.   He was alway for getting rid of conference level officiating and moving it towards a league based governance.   

He'd be killing himself investigating the recruiting trail.