Religions are....

crash_davis

Believe what you want. I question the certainty behind any belief. To my way of thinking, it is certainty that gives cover for bad actions. Goes along with another belief I have, the difference between intelligence and wisdom is found in the certainty of the former and the lack of certainty in the latter. 

Edit: the last sentence paints with a broad brush.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Explained
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, that's pretty presumptuous on your part.  There is a good deal of order in our universe despite the existence of entropy and the tendency of everything toward chaos.

It's rather amusing that nonbelievers are more hostile and condescending toward believers than the other way round, although that has not historically been the case.

Yeah, I just do not see this new poster as an agnostic.  Charging in with a bunch of stuff about the faith of scientists seems more along the lines that he is trying to convince people as opposed to offer real dialog.  There is also the design talk, which sounds a bit like a twist of Paley's watchmaker.   The appeal to authority (Einstein) is yet another fallacy.  The philosophy he later claims to prescribe to is basically akin to a magic infinite being that is beyond understanding but for two categories.  There is also the declaration of the America is broken and that education is broken.  Or the demand for teaching at the age of 3 about math and science (wanna know how I know someone doesn't have children that age?.  The hostility I have is not with people of faith in general, but rather I find that the tax shelters or the use of religion as a basis for decision making for others is a problem.  In this case, my hostility isn't with him and his faith as much as it seems like another trolling job to try to bring us to that designer.   Maybe I am wrong, but he went on the negging spree immediately when challenged.  Which doesn't indicate a person who is OK with being challenged. 

I am happy that people can find comfort in their belief in the almighty or that they can look to a text or wizened individuals to help guide them through life, to find forgiveness for themselves and achieving internal peace is a good thing.   My challenge is when individuals or organizations try to push their ideas.   While most folks are polite in accepting my space, some are active in wanting to tell me how I and my children are going to burn in hell because I do not believe like they do.  My response isn't that they are wasting their money or whatever or to attack their deity, but rather to ask them to treat others with respect including the non-religious.  I have yet to have an athiest tell me I am going to burn in hell and so are my kids.  But I suppose they could just say something about me rotting in the ground... but that lacks the panache' of the hellfires don't you think?  

I am an agnostic.   I am not interested in making someone believe like me.   I am not interested in tearing something down.   I do agree with him on the point that we need to promote the value and rewards of education and not just as a means to a job, but a lifelong commitment towards bettering oneself and learning more about the world around us and those who inhabit it (critters included).  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Yeah, I just do not see this new poster as an agnostic.  Charging in with a bunch of stuff about the faith of scientists seems more along the lines that he is trying to convince people as opposed to offer real dialog.  There is also the design talk, which sounds a bit like a twist of Paley's watchmaker.   The appeal to authority (Einstein) is yet another fallacy.  The philosophy he later claims to prescribe to is basically akin to a magic infinite being that is beyond understanding but for two categories.  There is also the declaration of the America is broken and that education is broken.  Or the demand for teaching at the age of 3 about math and science (wanna know how I know someone doesn't have children that age?.  The hostility I have is not with people of faith in general, but rather I find that the tax shelters or the use of religion as a basis for decision making for others is a problem.  In this case, my hostility isn't with him and his faith as much as it seems like another trolling job to try to bring us to that designer.   Maybe I am wrong, but he went on the negging spree immediately when challenged.  Which doesn't indicate a person who is OK with being challenged. 

I am happy that people can find comfort in their belief in the almighty or that they can look to a text or wizened individuals to help guide them through life, to find forgiveness for themselves and achieving internal peace is a good thing.   My challenge is when individuals or organizations try to push their ideas.   While most folks are polite in accepting my space, some are active in wanting to tell me how I and my children are going to burn in hell because I do not believe like they do.  My response isn't that they are wasting their money or whatever or to attack their deity, but rather to ask them to treat others with respect including the non-religious.  I have yet to have an athiest tell me I am going to burn in hell and so are my kids.  But I suppose they could just say something about me rotting in the ground... but that lacks the panache' of the hellfires don't you think?  

I am an agnostic.   I am not interested in making someone believe like me.   I am not interested in tearing something down.   I do agree with him on the point that we need to promote the value and rewards of education and not just as a means to a job, but a lifelong commitment towards bettering oneself and learning more about the world around us and those who inhabit it (critters included).  

Treat others with respect? Didn't you just attack me on a personal level for just stating my opinion on a topic? That wasn't even directed at you?  You didn't challenge anything until this post here; you basically just said "fuck you", which is why you got negged. And then you went on a negging spree ..going back and negging all my posts that were neither rude nor pointing at you. You're only getting negged for this post because you went on a negging spree. I actually like this post. Why didn't post it instead of being an asshole? Oh, the irony. You even negged a post where I quoted one of my own posts to say disregard my previous post because I can't edit. You negged it. If you would have made this post from the beginning, I wouldn't have negged any of your posts. There are people in this thread who disagreed with me and didn't get negged. Instead, you were an asshole and didn't even make a point. You've also drawn your own personal conclusions about my personal life that you have no fucking idea about.

I don't go to church. I read science articles everyday. You don't know me. My original post was a reply to a religious person. I try to understand another person's view and not be an asshole.  I see religious people who deep down inside question their faith because the Bible doesn't make sense to them. But they feel the need to believe. I'm simply saying they may find more hope in science. We can't prove one way or another, but one can find some evidence of a complex system that works together. Regarding our planet: Sit down and figure out the mathematical probability for that many various moving parts working in unison by mere chance. I bet the number is astronomical.  Doesn't prove anything. But if someone feels they need to believe, I'd much rather them find it there and other places in science than scream and yell at me about how I need to convert to some religious cult for no other reason than faith. Because I deal with the latter all the fucking time. 

Yes, you can introduce 3 years old to math and science. It's highly important. And there you go again telling me how much you know about me. You have no idea if I have children, had children or what my so-called faith is  https://eyeonearlyeducation.org/2016/11/01/the-joy-of-teaching-math-to-3-year-olds/#:~:text=“Early math is surprisingly important,predicts their later school success.

I agree with you on the power of religion. It needs to be taxed. And they shouldn't be able to keep knocking on my door and harassing me.  I want biblical archaeology in the school system because it will make people ask questions. It will challenge things. It's a problem when you can just believe. It's cost us every war in the history of world. When you can be so close minded that all you need is faith, no questions asked.

Education also needs a wakeup call, if they are going to continue to inflate tuition costs out of the stratosphere and bloat the administrations. If they are going to continue to stretch out a bachelor's degree with fluff classes in order to collect more money. If they are going to hoard billions of dollars in donations, continue to pester for more donations and make very little effort to assist in student tuition. Religion and higher education have a lot in common. They both use a network to create an environment in which greed has no limit. Education didn't used to be that way. 

Cheers. My issue with you was your approach, not your beliefs.

• Fuck You 1

14 hours ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

Treat others with respect? Didn't you just attack me on a personal level for just stating my opinion on a topic? That wasn't even directed at you?  You didn't challenge anything until this post here; you basically just said "fuck you", which is why you got negged. And then you went on a negging spree ..going back and negging all my posts that were neither rude nor pointing at you. You're only getting negged for this post because you went on a negging spree. I actually like this post. Why didn't post it instead of being an asshole? Oh, the irony. You even negged a post where I quoted one of my own posts to say disregard my previous post because I can't edit. You negged it. If you would have made this post from the beginning, I wouldn't have negged any of your posts. There are people in this thread who disagreed with me and didn't get negged. Instead, you were an asshole and didn't even make a point. You've also drawn your own personal conclusions about my personal life that you have no fucking idea about.

I don't go to church. I read science articles everyday. You don't know me. My original post was a reply to a religious person. I try to understand another person's view and not be an asshole.  I see religious people who deep down inside question their faith because the Bible doesn't make sense to them. But they feel the need to believe. I'm simply saying they may find more hope in science. We can't prove one way or another, but one can find some evidence of a complex system that works together. Regarding our planet: Sit down and figure out the mathematical probability for that many various moving parts working in unison by mere chance. I bet the number is astronomical.  Doesn't prove anything. But if someone feels they need to believe, I'd much rather them find it there and other places in science than scream and yell at me about how I need to convert to some religious cult for no other reason than faith. Because I deal with the latter all the fucking time. 

Yes, you can introduce 3 years old to math and science. It's highly important. And there you go again telling me how much you know about me. You have no idea if I have children, had children or what my so-called faith is  https://eyeonearlyeducation.org/2016/11/01/the-joy-of-teaching-math-to-3-year-olds/#:~:text=“Early math is surprisingly important,predicts their later school success.

I agree with you on the power of religion. It needs to be taxed. And they shouldn't be able to keep knocking on my door and harassing me.  I want biblical archaeology in the school system because it will make people ask questions. It will challenge things. It's a problem when you can just believe. It's cost us every war in the history of world. When you can be so close minded that all you need is faith, no questions asked.

Education also needs a wakeup call, if they are going to continue to inflate tuition costs out of the stratosphere and bloat the administrations. If they are going to continue to stretch out a bachelor's degree with fluff classes in order to collect more money. If they are going to hoard billions of dollars in donations, continue to pester for more donations and make very little effort to assist in student tuition. Religion and higher education have a lot in common. They both use a network to create an environment in which greed has no limit. Education didn't used to be that way. 

Cheers. My issue with you was your approach, not your beliefs.

Well let me explain.  Your posts seemed disingenuous to me.   Maybe I am wrong.  I did not go on a negging spree until after you did so several times.   Being that you are the new poster, than you might want to be careful about getting crowdsourced banned but not negging people who disagree with you or interpret your posting as trolling.   We have had plenty of issues with trolling and socks.  

Second the personal attacks are that I said your post seemed like bullshit and I do not think you are agnostic.   If you think that is personal than you won't last long here.  The closest thing I said that was personal was about knowing you don't have kids.   If you are indeed agnostic than why were you posting about a designed universe? That seems a bit incongruent.   

You read science articles. I read papers.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Well let me explain.  Your posts seemed disingenuous to me.   Maybe I am wrong.  I did not go on a negging spree until after you did so several times.   Being that you are the new poster, than you might want to be careful about getting crowdsourced banned but not negging people who disagree with you or interpret your posting as trolling.   We have had plenty of issues with trolling and socks.  

Second the personal attacks are that I said your post seemed like bullshit and I do not think you are agnostic.   If you think that is personal than you won't last long here.  The closest thing I said that was personal was about knowing you don't have kids.   If you are indeed agnostic than why were you posting about a designed universe? That seems a bit incongruent.   

You read science articles. I read papers.

This makes literally no sense at all. You quoted me 3 times to basically call it bullshit, with no explanation why, and then make persona attacks. I negged those posts. That is not going on a negging spree. Make a point and have some respect or you will get negged. It happens. Also, don't make personal attacks. You come across as very childish. You then went back in time and negged every post I've made on here, after the fact. I believe that's actually against the rules? That's a negging spree. But I'm not running to cry to mommy like you. I only mentioned it because you accused me of a negging spree. Holy fucking shit, look in the mirror. Your post is the only thing that resembles trolling. I don't need you to be my mother. You're not very important. You think you are, but you aren't.

The design thing, why don't you read the post that you just quoted instead of playing police. The answer is there. I know it's hard for you. And we also have no idea if the universe is designed or random. We probably never will. That's a fact. But I was responding to someone who is religious, not you. 

I don't have time for immaturity. You can keep telling everyone how much you know about me, big boy. I'm not getting crowdsourced. You're the only asshole here. No one else is crowdsourcing me or making this a personal thing instead of keeping the thread on subject. Just stop. Grow up.

Oooh, you read science papers! And? 

• Fuck You 2

On 5/27/2022 at 7:13 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

No it doesn’t. 

I will say that I never quoted you because I agree with you here. I wrote this on mobile while doing other things over a period of time, with many distractions. I didn't realize I went that far with it. I was quoting a religious poster and wanted to approach it from an angle that would grab their attention. Anyway to get someone into science works for me. I do believe it is possible that it is all designed, despite theories suggesting otherwise at the present. We don't have enough information right now to truly state one way or another. There is no infallible theory in this field like in evolution, IMO. It's still too complicated and there are still way too many unknowns, even with some experiments running true randomness. There's also the possibility of a design having a certain level of randomness. That's also not to say it isn't all random. Today, everything points to quantum indeterminism.

My post was never meant to make it seem like a fact that the universe is designed. I don't believe that. I just fucking hate having to deal with a faction of religious zealots who just keep coming like the energizer bunny. It's like a gnat that can't be stopped. (Not all religious people are that way). I do feel it is a possibility and it is a good way to approach it at the beginning when encountering religious people. But I didn't intend to make that strong an argument.

I feel we have to make changes to the way we learn in the world. All the wars in the world are fought because you don't have to explain yourself. Just have faith. When you are that close-minded, you now have an excuse to interpret something however you wish and do anything you want. 

On 5/25/2022 at 3:56 PM, Sandbagging Steve said:

I believe there's a high probability our world, and the universe, was designed.  Most of science actually points in that direction.

On 5/28/2022 at 12:10 AM, Sandbagging Steve said:

I'm agnostic. I lean toward there being a design/designer..somewhat like the way of the pantheistic God of Baruch Spinoza. I'm simply stating that our world and the universe all works together. You change one thing, you disrupt everything. Why couldn't there be a God in such a scenario? Einstein believed it. You're smarter than Einstein?

On 5/28/2022 at 12:32 AM, Sandbagging Steve said:

If everything works together it would definitely support it being designed. Doesn't make it a fact. It certainly doesn't have to work together. Why would some alternative universe have to all work together?  Quantum physics, as I stated in my original post, doesn't all work together. There's your proof of what some alternative universe could look like without it all working together. Big physics could work like small physics. Heck, if there's no design, there's no certainty for any rules or laws of that universe. In our universe, big physics does all work together (and evolution fits in there as well)..

6 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

My post was never meant to make it seem like a fact that the universe is designed. I don't believe that. 

image.gif.abc06588e4216b55341bc850989b9372.gif

• Haha 1

On 5/28/2022 at 3:52 PM, Hank Scorpio said:

Won’t someone please protect all these persecuted Christians! 

It’s hard being a Christian. Why just the other day I was walking down the street and out of nowhere I was being pelted with Qurans from every direction. 

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

image.gif.abc06588e4216b55341bc850989b9372.gif

I said the first lines you quoted were a mistake.  I wrote that at work on a mobile device while having to stop several times. It was done on the fly. Frankly, so were the other posts from yesterday. I didn't realize I was making that strong an argument. 

The other stuff, sure, I lean toward it being a design. I believe too much of our world and the big physics works too well for there not to be a chance for a designed system. But I'm open-minded. I don't believe one way or another. I can lean one way and still be agnostic. Neil deGrasse Tyson leans toward there being no God but remains agnostic. He's not an atheist. I'm certainly not religious. If there is a God, I don't believe it's anything like the Bible. I'm completely open to there being no design and no God. Even with quantum indeterminism, there's way too much incomplete data to draw a line in the sand. I'm waiting for more breakthroughs. This isn't evolution, where we have overwhelming evidence of natural selection. 

12 hours ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

Neil deGrasse Tyson leans toward there being no God but remains agnostic. He's not an atheist.

He most certainly is an atheist, and it’s by the very description you give in the first sentence.

The problem is that religious people have succeeded for decades, if not centuries, in launching perhaps the most successful propaganda campaign in the history of human discourse: Lying to Atheists About What Atheism Is. 

Here’s the thing:

A/Theism pertains only to belief
A/Gnosticism pertains only to knowledge

It’s not this sliding scale from one to another based on “degree of certainty.” That’s just made up bullshit. The problem with the “god question,” is that it’s not really a question; it’s two questions. 

The first is “do you think it’s even possible to know?” and the second is “do you believe?” I’m gonna summarize the combinations of each answer according to the label that accurately describes the person:

Agnostic Atheism: I do not know if there is a god, but I do not believe there is. 

Gnostic Atheism: I know there is no god, so I do not believe there is.

Agnostic Theism: I do not know if there is a god, but I do believe there is.

Gnostic Theism: I know there is a god, so I believe there is.

Believers like to separate agnosticism from atheism on dubious grounds because it creates division, which is the whole point of this creation of confusion.

When Neil DeGrasse Tyson says “I’m agnostic but not an atheist,” he’s revealing his own confusion. He’s been conditioned since childhood, as many have (including myself) to execrate “atheism,” and adopt the “agnostic” label for several reasons, mostly because it seeks to undermine their position. That’s part of the game: pretend the two concepts are mutually exclusive and push towards the “less threatening” label. But if you ask Tyson “do you personally believe there is a god,” and he says “no, I personally do not believe there is a god,” that’s literally an identification as an atheist.

And you should know full well that’s how he’d answer that question. Back in 2006, during a panel discussion with Krauss and Schermer, Tyson remarked:

“I want to put on the table, not why 85% of the members of the National Academy of Sciences reject God, I want to know why 15% of the National Academy don’t. That’s really what we’ve got to address here. Otherwise the public is secondary to this.”

Like I say, he’s certainly not the only one. I myself was a victim of this scam. I started identifying as “agnostic-but-not-atheist” in 2004, and it’s been only within the last 4 or so years that I’ve been identifying as atheist…and the thing is, I never actually changed my position on the topic. In 2004, I did not believe there was a god. That meant I was atheist, but I just didn’t realize it. The fact that I didn’t embrace the label was irrelevant. What I’ve always believed and said about it is exactly what Christopher Hitchens said and what AronRa has said about it:

Hitchens “It may not be said that we absolutely know to a certainty that there is no god, but it may be said we have no reason to believe that there is one.”

AronRa: “A belief is a conviction. A lack of belief is a lack of conviction. So if you’re not convinced that an actual deity really exists, you’re atheist.”

Edited by hpslugga
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, hpslugga said:

He most certainly is an atheist, and it’s by the very description you give in the first sentence.

The problem is that religious people have succeeded for decades, if not centuries, in launching perhaps the most successful propaganda campaign in the history of human discourse: Lying to Atheists About What Atheism Is. 

Here’s the thing:

A/Theism pertains only to belief
A/Gnosticism pertains only to knowledge

It’s not this sliding scale from one to another based on “degree of certainty.” That’s just made up bullshit. The problem with the “god question,” is that it’s not really a question; it’s two questions. 

The first is “do you think it’s even possible to know?” and the second is “do you believe?” I’m gonna summarize the combinations of each answer according to the label that accurately describes the person:

Agnostic Atheism: I do not know if there is a god, but I do not believe there is. 

Gnostic Atheism: I know there is no god, so I do not believe there is.

Agnostic Theism: I do not know if there is a god, but I do believe there is.

Gnostic Theism: I know there is a god, so I believe there is.

Believers like to separate agnosticism from atheism on dubious grounds because it creates division, which is the whole point of this creation of confusion.

When Neil DeGrasse Tyson says “I’m agnostic but not an atheist,” he’s revealing his own confusion. He’s been conditioned since childhood, as many have (including myself) to execrate “atheism,” and adopt the “agnostic” label for several reasons, mostly because it seeks to undermine their position. That’s part of the game: pretend the two concepts are mutually exclusive and push towards the “less threatening” label. But if you ask Tyson “do you personally believe there is a god,” and he says “no, I personally do not believe there is a god,” that’s literally an identification as an atheist.

And you should know full well that’s how he’d answer that question. Back in 2006, during a panel discussion with Krauss and Schermer, Tyson remarked:

“I want to put on the table, not why 85% of the members of the National Academy of Sciences reject God, I want to know why 15% of the National Academy don’t. That’s really what we’ve got to address here. Otherwise the public is secondary to this.”

Like I say, he’s certainly not the only one. I myself was a victim of this scam. I started identifying as “agnostic-but-not-atheist” in 2004, and it’s been only within the last 4 or so years that I’ve been identifying as atheist…and the thing is, I never actually changed my position on the topic. In 2004, I did not believe there was a god. That meant I was atheist, but I just didn’t realize it. The fact that I didn’t embrace the label was irrelevant. What I’ve always believed and said about it is exactly what Christopher Hitchens said and what AronRa has said about it:

Hitchens “It may not be said that we absolutely know to a certainty that there is no god, but it may be said we have no reason to believe that there is one.”

AronRa: “A belief is a conviction. A lack of belief is a lack of conviction. So if you’re not convinced that an actual deity really exists, you’re atheist.”

Yours is a good post. While I can understand gnostic theism, for personal experience of the divine is compelling, i will look more into gnostic atheism. As I’ve stated , I do not understand how it is possible to know there isn’t a God. If you’d care to share your understanding on this, I would appreciate it.

I do take issue with labeling the question of certainty as “bullshit.” For example, science is certain about 2 + 3 = 5. However, science is less certain about the law of gravity, as stated. No scientists dispute the math, but some scientists seek to disprove the existence of dark matter by amending the law of gravity. “Degrees of certainty” is a foreign concept to me, but sounds much like “confidence levels,” and that concept is not bullshit.

https://www.discovery.com/science/Dark-Matter-Doesnt-Exist-Law-Gravity-Wrong

Edited by Willfully Horn
Claro

28 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Yours is a good post. While I can understand gnostic theism, for personal experience of the divine is compelling, i will look more into gnostic atheism. As I’ve stated , I do not understand how it is possible to know there isn’t a God. If you’d care to share your understanding on this, I would appreciate it.

Personally I think Gnosticism in either direction is absolute insanity. How the hell can anyone say they “know” that there either is or isn’t a deity? That kind of assertion is a positive statement, and those require positive evidence. And this particular kind of statement would be extraordinary so it would therefore require extraordinary evidence.

I do take issue with labeling the question of certainty as “bullshit.” For example, science is certain about 2 + 3 = 5. However, science is less certain about the law of gravity, as stated.

Math is pretty much the only field of study we have that produces the kind of absolute certainty that believers talk about.

Science is different than math on that front. Science is basically a game of King of the Hill. The very best explanations of certain phenomenon, which have to pass through a rigorous process, occupy the top of that hill until a better explanation knocks it off. Once it’s knocked off, it very likely will never return, which is why we haven’t heard much about vitalism or phlogiston lately.

No scientists dispute the math, but some scientists seek to disprove the existence of dark matter by amending the law of gravity. “Degrees of certainty” is a foreign concept to me, but sounds much like “confidence levels,” and that concept is not bullshit.

In terms of going from “belief” to “knowledge,” yeah it’s bullshit. You don’t acquire knowledge simply by “believing hard enough” as some theists contend. Knowledge has to do with facts, and facts are defined as points of data that are exclusively indicative of or concordant with one particular explanation above all others. That has shit to do with confidence.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Thanks. This post makes sense to me. I don’t wholly agree with you, but I do understand what you’ve said. It is possible that folks who believe they’ve experienced the divine are insane, though more likely have misattributed the cause of that experience, but I agree that extraordinary evidence is a reasonable expectation to justify knowing.

On 5/29/2022 at 1:01 PM, Sandbagging Steve said:

This makes literally no sense at all. You quoted me 3 times to basically call it bullshit, with no explanation why, and then make persona attacks. I negged those posts. That is not going on a negging spree. Make a point and have some respect or you will get negged. It happens. Also, don't make personal attacks. You come across as very childish. You then went back in time and negged every post I've made on here, after the fact. I believe that's actually against the rules? That's a negging spree. But I'm not running to cry to mommy like you. I only mentioned it because you accused me of a negging spree. Holy fucking shit, look in the mirror. Your post is the only thing that resembles trolling. I don't need you to be my mother. You're not very important. You think you are, but you aren't.

The design thing, why don't you read the post that you just quoted instead of playing police. The answer is there. I know it's hard for you. And we also have no idea if the universe is designed or random. We probably never will. That's a fact. But I was responding to someone who is religious, not you. 

I don't have time for immaturity. You can keep telling everyone how much you know about me, big boy. I'm not getting crowdsourced. You're the only asshole here. No one else is crowdsourcing me or making this a personal thing instead of keeping the thread on subject. Just stop. Grow up.

I went ahead and wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt regarding the rep and removed it.  Yes, I did not offer a detailed explanation but that didn't make my interpretation too difficult to ascertain.   You are falling into the trap of every accusation is a confession.  Crying about the rules, but then claiming you won't complain.  Fucking complain or shut the fuck up about it.   Or get sober.  It's all good.  Most folks here don't neg drunk posts.  

I read science articles everyday.

You bragged about reading science articles, I responded I read papers.   It seems you do not understand the difference or have no recollection of your own communication.   That quote above was copied from you.   

You come off as very young and combative.  Yeah, I called bullshit, because I am so unimportant, you could have just ignored me and moved on.   

I am not the only one that picked up on your inconsistency which seems to span days and posts.  But hey.   I guess it was a typo that kept happening.   Most people look past disjointed sentences and typos.  Inconsistency which spans days seems a bit more challenging.   As if one of your personalities doesn't agree with the other.   

• 2 weeks later...

Just another man of faith spreading the good word through organized religion

The leader of the Mexican megachurch La Luz del Mundo was sentenced Wednesday to more than 16 years in a California prison for sexually abusing young female followers who said he made them his sex slaves. 

Naasón Joaquín García, 53, abruptly pleaded guilty last week in Los Angeles Superior Court to three felonies on the eve of a long-awaited trial.

Prosecutors said García, who is considered the "apostle" of Jesus Christ by his 5 million worldwide followers, used his spiritual sway to have sex with girls and young women who were told it would lead to their salvation — or damnation if they refused.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/naason-joaquin-garcia-la-luz-del-mundo-megachurch-16-years-prison-sexual-abuse-girls-women/

24 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Just another man of faith spreading the good word through organized religion

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/naason-joaquin-garcia-la-luz-del-mundo-megachurch-16-years-prison-sexual-abuse-girls-women/

I've watched interviews where adherents proclaim that without religion you cannot have morals. However it's difficult to find any church where a leader hasn't sexually abused the churchgoers. I'm sure there are churches that do not have this scandal but you have to wonder if they are the exception or perhaps they haven't been caught yet.

And I cringed when the church-going types ignorantly say something about a bad apple not realizing that the bad apple proverb damns them all, and isn't about bad exceptions.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I've watched interviews where adherents proclaim that without religion you cannot have morals. However it's extremely difficult to find any church where a leader hasn't sexually abused the churchgoers. I'm sure there are churches that do not have this scandal but you have to wonder if they are the exception or perhaps they haven't been caught yet.

And I cringed when the church-going types ignorantly say something about a bad apple not realizing that the bad apple proverb damns them all, and isn't about bad exceptions.

Organized religion is a tool for control. And there are some seriously misguided people exploiting that control. that holds true for scumbags like this guy that exploit his followers for sexual gratification, or for guys like Osteen that exploit their followers for financial gain, or for the christian nationalists that are exploiting their followers for political gain. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 5/29/2022 at 2:01 PM, Sandbagging Steve said:

That's one fucking pompous post. Makes me want to go on a negging spree.  

On 8/17/2023 at 6:26 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I can only laugh and think, "why didn't i come up with that?"

download (50).png

Fuck, that's going to be the Holy Trinity of book sales (Bible, Constitution, DOI).  

They left out the thingy most people quote all the time, tho (the Bill of Rights).

On 8/17/2023 at 5:38 PM, Anastasis said:

Some of y'all need to get off the internet and explore real life. 

You're like the fat fuck playing World of Warcraft all day and calling the rest of the people in his dungeon group nerds.

I don't understand how some people can be so sanctimonious and so self [un]aware at the same time.

Edited by Brian Fantana
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1