Fuck Mark Esper and anybody else that holds shit back until their book comes out

Gil Bang

4 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I'm on board with this.  And would anybody really pay money for Mark Esper's book?  Seems like it would sell 200 copies, max.

That's 199 more copies than if he didn't save these "bombshells" until now.

13 hours ago, Blotto said:

It wouldn't matter when Esper shared those stories, nor would the forum for sharing make a difference. There have been countless revelations about Trump's wrongdoings, gaffs, grifts, crimes, etc.... and its doesn't fucking matter. Trump could have personally recommended all of the described courses of action in one of his incoherent SOTU addresses and it wouldn't have changed one damn thing. War crimes against mooslims and bombing brown people in Mexico would just get his base sexually aroused. And because the cult doesn't waiver, the GOP in congress protects him. 

Este.  Nothing would've changed.  In short, we're fucked. 

16 hours ago, Pancho said:

Jesus.

The story is Trump suggesting direct action against cartels. The headline is "Trump wanted to bomb Mexico".

I would actually wonder why anyone would have a problem with this. Personally, I would have had no problem with blowing up a bunch of drug cartels and their labs.

It isn't like he suggested setting up straw arms buyers and sending weapons to the cartels.

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Fuck You 1

The story is Trump once again demonstrated the depth of his understanding and desired action is that of a toddler. No surprise Johnny Sack is on board.

Not a single thing Trump has done in his life has been been done with any meaningful achievement or lasting success. Not a single thing. This would have been no different. This would have been stupid and reckless and carried out stupidly. You can't fix stupid. All Trump would provide is a lot of noise and smoke (and probably a ton of dead civilians) and accomplish nothing. His pole-licker followers would proclaim the War on Drugs was over, having been won singlehandedly by King Klown's kapers, while the actual end result would be stronger cartels and America being further diminished in the world.

• Hook 'Em 3

47 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

The story is Trump suggesting direct action against cartels. The headline is "Trump wanted to bomb Mexico".

I would actually wonder why anyone would have a problem with this. Personally, I would have had no problem with blowing up a bunch of drug cartels and their labs.

pay attention, people.  this is how you win the war on drugs.  finally.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Chooky said:

What's the deal with Johnny Sack's angry erection pointing at Bullneck? Is he getting petulant because nobody supports lobbing missiles at a quinceanera in Jalisco?

I negged him a few times yesterday for disingenuous, hateful opinions.  It's retaliations.  

Oh, and by the way, it's always 5 o'clock somewhere, so I'm guessing it's still margarita happy hour post-Cinco de Mayo and some angry drunk dragged himself to a keyboard.  

• Hook 'Em 1

It isn't like he suggested setting up straw arms buyers and sending weapons to the cartels.

I think that it can be argued, that opioids produced in America have done more harm to the world than illegal narcotics produced in Mexico.

What if Canada wanted to fire missiles at an American opioid factory? Would you be OK with that?
  • Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Personally, I would have had no problem with blowing up a bunch of drug cartels and their labs.

Nobody is protective of cartel members. Nobody. I'm sure some version of a Timothy McVeigh news outlet has informed you that the satanic left adores murderous cartel members while also kneeling at the altar of Santa Muerte.

The problem is that Trump is dumb enough to believe that you can simply bomb cartels by identifying them by their little cartel uniforms where they all stand together in tight circles and are safely distanced from regular civilians. You want to get rid of the coke dealers in Galveston? Just bomb them. Heroin dealers? Just find their apartment and launch a missile into it. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

When Mr. Esper raised various objections, Mr. Trump said that “we could just shoot some Patriot missiles and take out the labs, quietly,” adding that “no one would know it was us.” Mr. Trump said he would just say that the United States had not conducted the strike, Mr. Esper recounts, writing that he would have thought it was a joke had he not been staring Mr. Trump in the face.

Thinking we could launch patriot missiles into a foreign country, hopefully only murdering the bad guys, and then just denying it was the United States is some  5 star, weapons-grade stupidity. I'm not surprised Trump would come up with it, and I'm not surprised his voting base thinks its very legal, very cool. fucking hell

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

pay attention, people.  this is how you win the war on drugs.  finally.

Trump probably caught Clear and Present Danger on cable and didn’t watch beyond the missile strike scene

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I think that it can be argued, that opioids produced in America have done more harm to the world than illegal narcotics produced in Mexico.

What if Canada wanted to fire missiles at an American opioid factory? Would you be OK with that?

He probably would think twice about Canada, but if trump launched missiles domestically at narcotic or opioid manufacturing facilities or storage/distribution centers, he’d be all aboard. 

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

So lobbing missiles into a sovereign nation, one of our closest allies and trade partners, is cool with the right now?

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

So lobbing missiles into a sovereign nation, one of our closest allies and trade partners, is cool with the right now?

Only if we acted like it wasn't us after the fact.

Sad Sack stays completely on-brand in demonstrating why the cult doesn't care.

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

Thinking we could launch patriot missiles into a foreign country, hopefully only murdering the bad guys, and then just denying it was the United States is some  5 star, weapons-grade stupidity. I'm not surprised Trump would come up with it, and I'm not surprised his voting base thinks its very legal, very cool. fucking hell

Patriot missiles are also surface to air missiles designed for air defense so unless these were flying laboratories, it’s even dumber than it sounds. And it sounds exquisitely stupid. 

The President doesn’t need to be an expert is what military systems do, but this is just further evidence of him hearing things on TV and repeating them. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

There’s a theme here of the staffers suggesting people write loyalty oaths and self-abasing letters to DJT. They did this to Ambassador Yovanovitch too— said maybe she could keep her job if she wrote a personal loyalty oath to him. What a preening, self-absorbed adolescent. 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:
There’s a theme here of the staffers suggesting people write loyalty oaths and self-abasing letters to DJT. They did this to Ambassador Yovanovitch too— said maybe she could keep her job if she wrote a personal loyalty oath to him. What a preening, self-absorbed adolescent. 

I figure this is also why Trump keeps pushing the lie about winning the election. You get someone to say they believe in something outlandish that you're saying, you know you have them. It's like making people say (and eventually believe through repetition) that 2+2=5. Everyone with a working brain knows it's not true about the election, but if he can force GOP politicians into claiming it he knows they're loyal to him (and they know they're proving their loyalty).

Oh, and back to our fine upstanding christofascist, Johnny. I guess in his world, Jesus would've launched a javelin missile at Mary Magdalena and all her whore friends.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Trump’s psychopathy is activated when he is able to make critics/adversaries succumb to his power and become his fawning supplicants.

Bolton and I believe Esper have said they were trying to control Trump the best they could without getting fired and believed quitting and going public would just result in a yes-man replacement.  Ymmv on whether you think this was the better approach.  I'm not really sure.

47 minutes ago, WBT said:

Bolton and I believe Esper have said they were trying to control Trump the best they could without getting fired and believed quitting and going public would just result in a yes-man replacement.  Ymmv on whether you think this was the better approach.  I'm not really sure.

Fuck them. If they were truly concerned in the moment, there were options available. 

I’ve been trying to figure out why Stephen Miller has been so quiet since leaving the White House. Now, I know. He was involved in every despicable, low down, cruel, evil initiative emanating from the Trump house of horrors. 

• Rage+1 1

58 minutes ago, WBT said:

There were a good numbers of Trump enablers in his administration who made the argument that things would’ve been worse if they weren’t there trying to rein him in. I’m not buying it. They were hoping to survive him in service of their own careers. What they should’ve done was to stand up for decency and established norms, resigned, and gone public with Trump’s incompetence and corruption. Reince Priebus, John Kelly, H.R. McMaster, Rex Tillerson, Jim Mattis. We can probably cross Priebus off that list because decency and established norms were never his thing and he was purely a careerist. But you get the point. I’m sure there are a lot of names in lesser positions who fit the bill.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I’ve been trying to figure out why Stephen Miller has been so quiet since leaving the White House. Now, I know. He was involved in every despicable, low down, cruel, evil initiative emanating from the Trump house of horrors. 

He’s busy suing the Jan. 6 Committee to block their subpoena of his phone records on his parents’ family plan.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-stephen-miller-sues-january-6-committee-phone-records-subpoena/

12 hours ago, Satchel said:

Are you claiming this guy is an evil prick wanting to burn down the world?

image.thumb.png.81962095d12879fe5848d463e2536742.png

Ok, I'll admit that is the face of a man that wants to make the world pay for his childhood and hairline.

Edited by Herpa Derpa

19 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Looks like Maggie went to a bookstore, took a photo of a page, put the book back on the table, and walked out.

Total sale: $0

(I read the passage and I have a feeling this is really at best a long magazine article with 100 pages of fluff added and a hardbound cover so they feel justified charging $40 for it).

Edited by Bullneck

1 hour ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Are you claiming this guy is an evil prick wanting to burn down the world?

image.thumb.png.81962095d12879fe5848d463e2536742.png

Ok, I'll admit that is the face of a man that wants to make the world pay for his childhood and hairline.

I haven't worn a tie in ages so I don't know what's in fashion . . . BUT that looks like some cheap "raw silk" crap.