2022 PGA Championship at Southern Hills

4 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Bet you had fewer putts than him too.

At the time I was a 15 and probably was happy with a 93 playing from the 6600 tees. He was playing from the tips and probably shot 1 or 2 under. My takeaways were he was the best ball striker I’d ever seen but could not putt well enough for a pro. Clearly he’s improved that but still his weakness. He had just left Wake early to go to KF. 

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

How is that being a 15? Or was it at a really tough course.

Tough course. That was my index. At the time my course handicap was probably 19 or 20. 

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

JT getting within spitting distance of the hall with this one. 

Pretty sure he’s in now. 19 wins and 2 majors. 

7 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Shouldn’t Zalatoris have putted  that out just in case?

He marked his ball. JT left a one footer. There was no need to putt it out. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

All Rory had to do was shoot par after Thursday and he would have got into a playoff. Woof. 

Rory’s #7 ranking is a product of him back dooring into Top 5/10 finishes. He’s a more upscale Kuchar. He hasn’t won a major in 8 years and is mostly irrelevant now. 

39 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Maybe some are escaping my memory but this is the worst major crowd I've ever heard.

I mean Augusta would have thrown out all of these douches.

I'll say it again, golf fans are the fucking worst. So painfully awkward.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Rory’s #7 ranking is a product of him back dooring into Top 5/10 finishes. He’s a more upscale Kuchar. He hasn’t won a major in 8 years and is mostly irrelevant now. 

How the fuck did he backdoor this week he was the outright leader after 18...

I mean I get what you're saying but that's not a proper characterization of the tournament he had. He could have easily won with a better Saturday. This wasn't really like some of the Masters where he's way back on the weekend and then sneaks into the top 10. 

Edited by ztejas

23 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Wtf has kuchar ever won that matters?

35 minutes ago, jettrink said:

Fuck Justin Thomas!  The pga should not be classified a major.

Yeah. Fuck the British, too. Not even played in America. Also the Masters. You know what - and the US Open. Fuck all of em. No majors for anyone. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah. Fuck the British, too. Not even played in America. Also the Masters. You know what - and the US Open. Fuck all of em. No majors for anyone. 

Yeah. The Open has too many foreigners, the Masters has a small, weak field with sexagenarians playing and any Tom, Dick or Harry can enter the U.S. Open As for the PGA, the strongest field in golf has no right to to be considered a major. Give me the Valspar Open and John Deere Classic any day. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Yeah. The Open has too many foreigners, the Masters has a small, weak field with sexagenarians playing and any Tom, Dick or Harry can enter the U.S. Open As for the PGA, the strongest field in golf has no right to to be considered a major. Give me the Valspar Open and John Deere Classic any day. 

I think there's at least one more that needs/needed the PGA for the career slam. Tom Watson maybe? So yeah - multiple guys good enough to win the other 3 but can't win the PGA. But it's a Mickey mouse major I guess. 

(Not that I'm taking that ass-clown seriously. But, the PGA gets undeserved slander and it's still a fucking major and like you said the stiffest field on tour every season)

I think there's at least one more that needs/needed the PGA for the career slam. Tom Watson maybe? So yeah - multiple guys good enough to win the other 3 but can't win the PGA. But it's a Mickey mouse major I guess. 

(Not that I'm taking that ass-clown seriously. But, the PGA gets undeserved slander and it's still a fucking major and like you said the stiffest field on tour every season)

The Players is the best field every year.  No amateurs, no club pros, and they pay the most.

10 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

The Players is the best field every year.  No amateurs, no club pros, and they pay the most.

No I'm pretty sure it's still the PGA. But the Players is 2nd. I don't feel like googling it but I could be mistaken and you're welcome to prove me wrong. 

Okay so I did google it because I got a break from what I was doing haha. It's really, really close between the two. Looks like the PGA edged it this year. Apparently on average every player in the field is better at the Players but the best players are better on average at the PGA which usually makes it tougher to win. 

https://datagolf.com/field-strength-table

Edited by ztejas

19 hours ago, ztejas said:

How the fuck did he backdoor this week he was the outright leader after 18...

I mean I get what you're saying but that's not a proper characterization of the tournament he had. He could have easily won with a better Saturday. This wasn't really like some of the Masters where he's way back on the weekend and then sneaks into the top 10. 

Because he shot 5 over on Friday and Saturday to take himself out of contention and one single Sunday four-hole, -4 stretch to back door to #8?  What he did was textbook Rory over the last several years. Play yourself out of contention because you’re just not that good anymore and with one unsustainable little mini-run, get people to say “wow look at Rory!” without ever having a legitimate chance.  He’s irrelevant. 

Edited by Porterhouse

19 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Wtf has kuchar ever won that matters?

Nothing. That’s why I said he’s a more upscale Kuchar (words matter). Kuchar is the absolute king of the top 10 back door.