[Discussion] Mass Shooting at Uvalde Elementary School

1 hour ago, Bernard said:

I retired from real work at 39. HPD max age for a cadet is 44. At 43 I considered doing exactly what you suggested, just to serve in internal affairs. Alas, that was a decade ago. Too late to get hired now.

Also, 15 people are dead in what appears to me to be an easily preventable crime. Seems like the police failing to do their job is a valid point of discussion  

Bernard

Oh, you “considered it”. Well then… thank you for your service

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I’ll be interested to hear if anyone alerted anyone of the military rifle pics on his Instagram. 

What’s alarming about those? That’s very normal for a south texas kid, even an emo one. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Everyone knows your views about cops, and you’ve made it clear again on, oh, about 10 posts so far in this thread. So why don’t you shut the fuck up now, because it’s pretty apparent that in a thread where 14 elementary aged kids died you only give a fuck about being able to shit-talk cops. You’ve made your point 10 times. We get it. Stop clogging the thread. 

or even better, why dont you join the force and make a difference yourself since clearly you think LE needs better applicants. 

On the other hand, these cops were in HOT pursuit and couldn't prevent this nutbar from killing 21 people?  Are you fucking kidding me?  What the fuck were they doing?

39 minutes ago, Bernard said:

Mea Culpa time. New info seems to contradict the initial story of police in pursuit prior to the shooter entering the school.  Now hearing that the school called for help and first LEO on the scene was a border patrol agent. Other LEO’s arrived later. Engaged and the shooter and killed them. If that’s the case, good job, guys.

Confirmation bias seems to have struck in a fast developing sorry. My bad.

Bernard

Well, mea culpa, too, then. 

people will bitch about the inaccuracy of the media and gladly speculate and create theories out of thin air.

how about just waiting until the info comes out before dissecting who did what and when..

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

On the other hand, these cops were in HOT pursuit and couldn't prevent this nutbar from killing 21 people?  Are you fucking kidding me?  What the fuck were they doing?

I believe the pursuit rumor has been squelched.  not sure if the BOLO was given about the murder of the grandmother.

It is strange what the nutjob did with his truck.  maybe he was trying to hit the gate and turned too early.

46 minutes ago, Bernard said:

Mea Culpa time. New info seems to contradict the initial story of police in pursuit prior to the shooter entering the school.  Now hearing that the school called for help and first LEO on the scene was a border patrol agent. Other LEO’s arrived later. Engaged and the shooter and killed them. If that’s the case, good job, guys.

Confirmation bias seems to have struck in a fast developing sorry. My bad.

Bernard

The good news is you probably got to cum 3-4 times while posting on this thread. Congrats on your completion. 

9 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Good job tying yourself to the worldview of Bernard. If you’re looking for more wrongheaded points of view @Snacks is still lighting candles to the shrine of Greg Davis. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

7 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Well, mea culpa, too, then. 

3 minute difference. NiceFlipFlop.gif

11 minutes ago, naija said:

people will bitch about the inaccuracy of the media and gladly speculate and create theories out of thin air.

how about just waiting until the info comes out before dissecting who did what and when..

Yeah but this is the news thread

7 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Go fuck yourself.

Hey man, I think you’re a great poster. But that was a poor wagon hitch. We’ve all done it. 

7 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

How come our country produces so many nut jobs who want to inflict mass murder?

…because we aren’t happy.  And a big chunk don’t know how to find happiness day to day. And that is someone else’s fault. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, naija said:

What, no good?

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

…because we aren’t happy.  And a big chunk don’t know how to find happiness day to day. And that is someone else’s fault. 

That’s a good answer.  I see these events as the ultimate proof to themselves and others that they are indeed an utterly worthless piece of shit.  See- I am a shit fuck because I did this to these people.  And the ultimate act of narcissism because of the complete disregard for the “other” in carrying out that goal.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

The rubes are claiming this is the shooter. It's of course false.

image.thumb.png.c0b8a91bae35c29f0eccff3c1fe52ba5.png

So much disinformation on Twitter as well. It’s not him. He was born in North Dakota also. I’d be curious to what extent he was engaged on social media over the past year or two. It seems like that is a common trend with these shooters as well. 

48 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

https://apnews.com/article/uvalde-texas-school-shooting-b4e4648ed0ae454897d540e787d092b2

A Border Patrol agent who was working nearby when the shooting began rushed into the school without waiting for backup and shot and killed the gunman, who was behind a barricade, according to a law enforcement official speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk about it.

The agent was wounded but able to walk out of the school, the law enforcement source said....

Go fuck yourself, Bernard.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 5

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Hey man, I think you’re a great poster. But that was a poor wagon hitch. We’ve all done it. 

There are unhappy people all over the world.  We don't de-escalate.  We don't solve conflicts without violence.  That is the history of our country. And for the duration of that history it has been by the gun. We vilify solving a little down period with sex or people expressing feelings.  Its in our media.  Is in our politics.even when the situation calls for the police to taser often a gun is 'mistakenly'.  Thing back to Amber Guyger's testimony upon seeing a guy in her apartment.  Even the replacement theory stuff.  Go have sex and have some kids if you're a young man.  Spread your seed.  Instead you kill 10 people.  This mentality must stop.  Its bigger than church or school.  Its what we do.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I mean I've had some serious weekends at various ranches shooting and blowing up shit that were probsbly not that far away from this depravity. Odd optics but,

Different time
Different place. Big bend country is different.

14 minutes ago, Cajun said:

None of those weapons nor any of the people on that trip ever killed another human being, nor will they ever, unless an incel like our Uvalde Jack wagon today decides to do his thing within range.

Optics schmoptics.

The point of my post was in context to Immaculate Vibes response that I quoted, to support the notion that it is not uncommon for young men to have their pictures taken with firearms, even "military style" rifles - and that it is not a new practice. 

1 minute ago, po elvis said:

A lot of rumors going around in Uvalde (obviously), but a Uvalde senior told me that their "Senior Walk" to all the schools in town, including Robb, was yesterday and this guy might have thought it was today and wanted to target the seniors. I am not really buying that though. 

That seems wrong. There were Facebook pics of that yesterday. It was known. Although, I guess kids that age aren’t on Facebook. 

2 minutes ago, JMFP said:

The point of my post was in context to Immaculate Vibes response that I quoted, to support the notion that it is not uncommon for young men to have their pictures taken with firearms, even "military style" rifles - and that it is not a new practice. 

[Lee Harvey Oswald standing outside his home holding a rifle, Dallas]

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JMFP said:

Oh, I know.  I wasn’t running you down for posting it.  In fact, i completely agree with the point you were making.

• Like 1

Just now, Cajun said:

Donny, please.  

I’d reply with a Lebowski quote myself, but I’m honestly curious.  Seems like you’re one of them in the photos based on posts but I’m not sure why it’s relevant?