[Discussion] Mass Shooting at Uvalde Elementary School

6 minutes ago, softlynow said:

That sounds nice and all, but it isn't how policy is changed. Unfortunately you have to win at the theater to have a say in policymaking.

Nothing else is working.  In fact, politicians fundraise off of this stuff - for them, it's not about policy change or protecting people, it's about scoring votes in the voting booth, and rubbing the noses of the opposition in it (which also scores votes).  If they are going to do anything other than offer thoughts and prayers, then they need to at least have their words and actions repeated over and over on the airwaves, on ads, on billboards.

Our Attorney General was even out there in front of the cameras saying we need to arm teachers (and he was wearing a campaign t-shirt as well).

Well, the shooter was engaged by multiple police officers, so I'm not sure how a teacher with even less experience and training than a cop would have stopped the guy. And chances are the teacher wouldn't be carrying their sidearm anyways, and it would be locked away.

And arming teachers is a fucking dumbass idea anyways, because it changes the dynamics of the classroom, and it puts the teacher in a position of "Us vs Them" and having to worry that a student might want the gun, because it puts a gun in the classroom, meaning a determined student has a gun available that he doesn't have to smuggle in or bring in through metal detectors.  This makes perfect sense to certain politicians, because it pushes the idea that more guns can fix the problem, and because they have security provided for them.  They are not in a position of vulnerability and wondering if a student is going to try and snag their gun or overpower them.

Every time these mass shootings happen, it gets other would-be mass shooters thinking about it, because there have been so many of these mass killings that have succeeded.

The only thing we really haven't had yet is some school shooter doing a full-blown live stream of him blowing away kids, and when that happens, the video will hit a wide audience.  When it happens, all of the people opposing any kind of changes in how we do things are going to find out that they should have been working to mitigate these shootings.

The thing about the red-flag laws is that we can start small and see how they work out.  They won't affect law-abiding mentally-stable gun owners.

• People receiving mental health treatment - flag them
  • People on medication for mental health issues (bipolar, etc.) - flag them
  • People involved in violent situations/arguments where the cops show up - flag them
  • People who have made threats to others - flag them

And like others have said, we can also make gun owners/buyers responsible for their kids having access to firearms (and this is starting to happen in a few areas).  Don't lock your shit up and your kid shoots up a school, you can sit in prison next to him.

None of that has to be political, just like the age limits on buying guns, or the barriers to buying automatic weapons, or the ban on convicted felons, are not political.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, F250 said:

Wtf?

Given that school is out, everybody is going be on edge a bit due to copycats knowing a timer is running.  I know our district is providing officers/tapping into the local PD.

And our local district sent out an email about how they are almost done providing bullet-proof glass/entrances to all of the schools, etc., among other things.

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

People on medication for mental health issues (bipolar, etc.) - flag them

I won't get into a political discussion, but this can't work. 14% of Americans take SSRIs. Where are we going to draw the line with medications? Who thinks it is a good idea to break HIPAA for gun ownership? That is an incredibly slippery slope.

And FYI, I would not want people with severe mental disorders to have access to guns. I'm just looking at the reality.

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I won't get into a political discussion, but this can't work. 14% of Americans take SSRIs. Where are we going to draw the line with medications? Who thinks it is a good idea to break HIPAA for gun ownership? That is an incredibly slippery slope.

And FYI, I would not want people with severe mental disorders to have access to guns. I'm just looking at the reality.

Even under your slipperiest of slopes - worst case - does your scenario result in 20 kids with their heads blown off?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

ANY mental issue, they shouldn’t have access to guns. Fuck this severe bullshit.

and give me a fucking break with the slippery slope bullshit. The slope fucking gave way and buried 19 kids yesterday. And that is just the latest casualty of your slippery fucking slope.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Maybe we should dig down on why 14% of Americans are on SSRIs. Idk, maybe invest in better healthcare or something.  Truly can’t do anything about that issue either! 

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The thing about the red-flag laws is that we can start small and see how they work out.  They won't affect law-abiding mentally-stable gun owners.

• People involved in violent situations/arguments where the cops show up - flag them

And like others have said, we can also make gun owners/buyers responsible for their kids having access to firearms (and this is starting to happen in a few areas).  Don't lock your shit up and your kid shoots up a school, you can sit in prison next to him.

None of that has to be political, just like the age limits on buying guns, or the barriers to buying automatic weapons, or the ban on convicted felons, are not political.

It will take about 5 minutes for memes to start flooding facebook claiming Christians wont be allowed to buy them etc...

As I sit here in my office looking out at the Capitol and its stupid flag at half-staff,* it occurs to me that the Phoenicians were probably not such fucking hypocrites as to fly their flags at half-staff** after sacrificing their children to Baal.

It's not enough that we sacrifice our children to the Sacred Right to keep and bear arms.  But we're absolutely fucking hypocrites about it.  We ought to celebrate the sacrifice like the fucking pagans that we are.

*Actually, it's at about 1/3rd-staff today, because some fuckstick who works at the Capitol doesn't know how to raise and lower a fucking flag.  But I do notice that they're running up the little 3x5 Texas flags every few minutes so various members of the Lege have a necessary supply of knick-knacks to give out to constituents.  Because we can't let anything get in the way of that.

* And yes, I'm well aware that the Phoenicians didn't have flags.  Just go with me on this, ok?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

No, I'm saying that the people who are more OUTRAGED and OFFENDED by Beto's horrific lack of decorum were never going to change their stance. And the people who listen to the decorum snowflakes were never going to listen to reason - they're too busy charging schoolboard meetings to screech about CRT and homosexuality.

I honestly don't think there's anything that could motivate any action whatsoever. Not in the proto-fascist state of Texas where a 15 year old girl can be raped, forced to have the baby, and then murdered by an 18 year old gunman at school. Given that paradigm, ensuring that EVERYONE is talking about the horror and that it's at the center of the discussion is a fair sight better than more hollow goddamn thoughts and prayers and cashed NRA checks.

To wit, Reuters snapped a pulitzer-worthy picture from the moment that really nicely encapsulates the general dialogue on the matter.

FToDcCfWYAIE4ba?format=jpg&name=900x900

That is an incredible photo holy shit.  What a story it tells about this ‘dialog’ is perfectly summed up in the composition…heightened by the perspective 

Those in Power staring down from the stage, with the cop in between

Three raised arms pointing him away

The pistol visible in the holster

Hit Wheels looking put out

Cruz staring blankly

Even the look on Beto’s face as he stands expressionless 

Thanks for posting that

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

This means this would all be reported to the government. No fucking way am I ok with the govt knowing and tracking what meds I take 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Bevo said:

We can tweak it.  It doesn't have to be all meds or all conditions, nor should it be.

There are definitely people who are on certain medications for certain conditions that, when they go off those meds, present a danger to themselves or others.  And we have plenty of shooters that were on meds - the Sandy Hook shooter (what he was taking, we don't know because the records were sealed).  The Virginia Tech shooter was on meds, went off them, and was not complying with mandatory mental health procedures/therapy.  The Aurora shooter was on meds off-and-on, etc., and the list goes on.

If we wanted to, we can flag these people who have certain mental health illnesses/on certain meds, etc. without explicitly stating why they are being red flagged.  It can be sealed, and if the person wants a gun, they can open up those records to law enforcement or a court and argue that they aren't a danger to themselves or society.

• Hook 'Em 1

Why is everyone harping on the background check?   Correct me if I'm wrong but other than a person to person sale.  Every firearm purchase at least in Texas has a background check right?  What am I missing?

Also can everyone please stop saying automatic weapons are legal.   Other than having a fed license they are not legal. 

25 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

This means this would all be reported to the government. No fucking way am I ok with the govt knowing and tracking what meds I take 

Im with you on this but I think the general days of privacy are pretty much gone.   And what meds you take are a hack away from being made available to the public if they aren't already known.  

And I'm fine with getting rid of assault weapons or put them in the same category as full auto.   You can get one but it's going require you really jump through some hoops. 

I'm also fine with a waiting period for some types of firearms..  I can't imagine anyone having to have a firearm within 5 days.   It's not nor should it be an impulse buy.  

Edited by midtown
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Erin Burnett on CNN just said in a segment with two former politicians that she thought Beto’s behavior was inappropriate. One guy was wildly in favor of it. She disagreed. Then she pointed out Beto sent out a timed fundraising email shortly thereafter to ask for money for his grass roots campaign so he can keep fighting for them.   

Offering without comment. 

I waited 11 months for my suppressor. I have zero issue with telling someone “congratulations you passed the initial background check. Now we have a 30 day mandatory waiting period. During this time your name is forwarded to whatever jurisdiction you reside in, and they flag you if there are any ongoing investigations of your person. No files with your name on them? We’ll see you in 30 days and the pew pew is yours!”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

As I said in my post above, it can be sealed - we have seen several mass shooters where their records were sealed and the government had to go through the courts to see them (and it was not always easy and sometimes took years, and in some cases, the records were sealed permanently and never seen by the govt).  

In this case, say you are bipolar and on certain meds to keep you stable and not acting out violently, the healthcare provider can put a flag on you and your address (so that a household member can't buy you something), and the government, FFL, LEO, etc. can't see why it's flagged, just that there is a medical flag.  If you insist on owning a gun, you can make your case to the courts/LEO, but you've got to open up your records showing why you were flagged and argue that it's not justified.

It's not perfect, but the alternative is just keep doing nothing, so that more people die, schools and other facilities become prisons, and the anti-gun crowd keeps on building their case and eventually when a state flips a certain way politically, you'l see some strict anti-gun laws kick in, and law-abiding gun owners better put thoughts and prayers into hoping that the courts will agree with them.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I waited 11 months for my suppressor. I have zero issue with telling someone “congratulations you passed the initial background check. Now we have a 30 day mandatory waiting period. During this time your name is forwarded to whatever jurisdiction you reside in, and they flag you if there are any ongoing investigations of your person. No files with your name on them? We’ll see you in 30 days and the pew pew is yours!”

"Oh, you got into raging fights with your mom that resulted in multiple times that police were called out to your home, yeah, you need to come back in a few years and we'll talk about it then."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

As I said in my post above, it can be sealed - we have seen several mass shooters where their records were sealed and the government had to go through the courts to see them (and it was not always easy and sometimes took years, and in some cases, the records were sealed permanently and never seen by the govt).  

In this case, say you are bipolar and on certain meds to keep you stable and not acting out violently, the healthcare provider can put a flag on you and your address (so that a household member can't buy you something), and the government, FFL, LEO, etc. can't see why it's flagged, just that there is a medical flag.  If you insist on owning a gun, you can make your case to the courts/LEO, but you've got to open up your records showing why you were flagged and argue that it's not justified.

It's not perfect, but the alternative is just keep doing nothing, so that more people die, schools and other facilities become prisons, and the anti-gun crowd keeps on building their case and eventually when a state flips a certain way politically, you'l see some strict anti-gun laws kick in, and law-abiding gun owners better put thoughts and prayers into hoping that the courts will agree with them.

Still not OK with that, will mean people don't seek help when needed. 

16 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

"Oh, you got into raging fights with your mom that resulted in multiple times that police were called out to your home, yeah, you need to come back in a few years and we'll talk about it then."

Idk. Idk what the answer is to be honest. I work with a guy whose girlfriend caught him cheating on her, so she goes down to the apartment office to cancel their lease so she can move back to Dallas. Apartment rep tells her no can do, you signed a lease. Chick asks how she can get out of it. Dumbshit apartment rep tells batshit crazy that the only way they let people out of leases is if there’s a domestic violence issue. Guess what? We’re at the fucking fire station on fucking duty and the fuzz show up and take my coworker away for domestic violence. He was suspended from work for almost a year until he could prove his innocence. During that time he had to surrender all firearms. After he proved his innocence and the case was dropped, it was almost two years of legal wrangling before he was legally allowed to own/possess a firearm again. 100% innocent. 100% bullshit. This is the situation that worries me.

Like I said idk what the answer is. But I’m tired. I’ve been a paramedic for a little over a decade. My ugly mug was on every news outlet in the country less than a year ago because we had a shooting at a school in my city and I was a part of the RTF. I’ve seen kids dead at twice the rate of adults as a result of gun violence in the streets. Had one last week that was shot and killed for a dime bag of weed and a cell phone.

I was ending my shift at the hospital when this happened a few years ago https://www.fox4news.com/news/two-kids-shot-outside-fort-worth-chuck-e-cheese.amp

Idk what the answer is and idk what the hell at this point that I’m rambling about. Fuck

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

43 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

That's cute of you. Lots of meds are already tracked. Want Sudafed? Show your license and it gets tracked by the government. Benzos, opiates, etc? All tracked by the government and clinicians have access to the data.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Erin Burnett on CNN just said in a segment with two former politicians that she thought Beto’s behavior was inappropriate. One guy was wildly in favor of it. She disagreed. Then she pointed out Beto sent out a timed fundraising email shortly thereafter to ask for money for his grass roots campaign so he can keep fighting for them.   

I’ll comment on it.  Sounds like something his opposing party would do, and there are endless callouts that his party plays too nicely.  

Media criticism hasn’t seemed to hurt McConnell’s prospects too much, or Paxton’s investigations or Cruz flying off to Mexico before snowpocalypse. 

Fuck it, I’m all for trying something different.  Hell I’m fine with trying literally anything.  Even small changes continually get shot down for gun laws and other approaches to reduce this shit, so if the presiding government refuses to give even an inch…try another tactic.  

• Hook 'Em 3

36 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm on Beto's email list. He did no such thing. The only email his campaign sent out today asked for people to donate to the victims and provided multiple links to trusted funds.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, royiv said:

I'm on Beto's email list. He did no such thing. The only email his campaign sent out today asked for people to donate to the victims and provided multiple links to trusted funds.

Dude take it up with Erin Burnett. 

believe me I’m all for democrats taking the gloves off and learning how to play the fucking game. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I have been a R the majority of my voting life.  They get fucking dirty and are ruthless when it comes to getting their W's.  Maybe ole Beto is finally realizing that playing all cute and by the rules isn't gonna get a fucking thing done.  

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Dude take it up with Erin Burnett. 

believe me I’m all for democrats taking the gloves off and learning how to play the fucking game. 

You were spreading bad info. What do you want me to do? Just let it slide or actually correct it? You were the one who posted it in this forum, not Erin Burnett.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Still not OK with that, will mean people don't seek help when needed. 

Like was said above, plenty don't already, or they stop doing what they were supposed to (Sandy Hook shooter went off meds, Virginia Tech shooter went off meds and stopped doing mandatory therapy sessions, etc.).

100% of these shooters are mentally ill.  The fact that they killed all of these people proves that.

Way too many of these shooters were also known to their local mental health/medical professionals, were known to be problematic, etc.

We ban felons from gun ownership, we ban juveniles from buying guns, but we should allow the mentally ill to buy/own firearms?  That's not sustainable, and either we come up with a compromise that, yes, is going to keep a lot of of mentally ill people from owning guns, who otherwise might be able to handle them, or we eventually run into legislation that restricts guns for everybody.

You are old enough to remember the Assault Weapons Ban.  It didn't go away because of a court challenge, it went away because it sunsetted.  That's 10 years of legal challenges that the people who craft the AWB II will be able to look at to help tighten it up more, and make it even more resistant to legal challenges.

And then a bunch of us who suddenly see a lot of firearms closed off to us are going to be saying "well, guess we should have talked about red flag laws more!"

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Like was said above, plenty don't already, or they stop doing what they were supposed to (Sandy Hook shooter went off meds, Virginia Tech shooter went off meds and stopped doing mandatory therapy sessions, etc.).

100% of these shooters are mentally ill.  The fact that they killed all of these people proves that.

Way too many of these shooters were also known to their local mental health/medical professionals, were known to be problematic, etc.

We ban felons from gun ownership, we ban juveniles from buying guns, but we should allow the mentally ill to buy/own firearms?  That's not sustainable, and either we come up with a compromise that, yes, is going to keep a lot of of mentally ill people from owning guns, who otherwise might be able to handle them, or we eventually run into legislation that restricts guns for everybody.

You are old enough to remember the Assault Weapons Ban.  It didn't go away because of a court challenge, it went away because it sunsetted.  That's 10 years of legal challenges that the people who craft the AWB II will be able to look at to help tighten it up more, and make it even more resistant to legal challenges.

And then a bunch of us who suddenly see a lot of firearms closed off to us are going to be saying "well, guess we should have talked about red flag laws more!"

What percent of those guys were also taking illegal drugs? That would be one test "hair follicle" that could be required prior to purchasing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Godzillatron said:

Teachers are unionized. They should refuse to report to campus in the fall.

Good point.  They don’t know the power they have.  Parents who didn’t know before got to know an inkling of what teaching is like during pandemic.  If teachers presented a united front nationwide they could get a LOT done.

7 minutes ago, royiv said:

You were spreading bad info. What do you want me to do? Just let it slide or actually correct it? You were the one who posted it in this forum, not Erin Burnett.

I posted it in this forum because I saw it on fucking tv and it illustrates a point I’ve been arguing on this thread that this is a distraction that takes eyes off the guys who fight against gun control. CNN, a supposedly “left” media outlet, is doing the work for the people they blame for this situation. 

im not spreading bad information. I’m accurately telling you what was on a cable news station.   

If it’s wrong I hope Beto sues. But I saw Burnet strongly saying she disagreed with his behavior, and then show a couple quotes from an email at specifically highlighted and said Grassroots campaign so I can fight for you. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I posted it in this forum because I saw it on fucking tv and it illustrates a point I’ve been arguing on this thread that this is a distraction that takes eyes off the guys who fight against gun control. CNN, a supposedly “left” media outlet, is doing the work for the people they blame for this situation. 

im not spreading bad information. I’m accurately telling you what was on a cable news station.   

If it’s wrong I hope Beto sues. But I saw Burnet strongly saying she disagreed with his behavior, and then show a couple quotes from an email at specifically highlighted and said Grassroots campaign so I can fight for you. 

Here's the email he sent out today:

Our broken hearts are with Uvalde after 19 children and two adults were killed in a senseless shooting at Robb Elementary School.

21 families are going through the worst pain imaginable today. Parents who took their kids to school yesterday and participated in an honors ceremony, looking forward to spending a summer break together. Families mourning the loss of their loved one who lost their life protecting their students.

This trauma will live on with the Uvalde community, just as it has within the El Paso community, Santa Fe, Sandy Hook, and too many more to count.

If you are looking for a way to help, please consider making a donation to a verified relief fund for those affected by the shooting in Robb Elementary School yesterday.

Contribute

In this moment, we must take care of our neighbors, friends, and family. And then, when we are ready, we must ensure Greg Abbott answers for this.

With every failure to support safe storage laws, champion red flag laws, ban AR-15s and AK-47s, and appropriately fund mental health care, Greg Abbott chose to let this happen. Again and again.

We have the power to change this and we will.

Thank you,

Beto for Texas

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, royiv said:

Here's the email he sent out today:

Our broken hearts are with Uvalde after 19 children and two adults were killed in a senseless shooting at Robb Elementary School.

21 families are going through the worst pain imaginable today. Parents who took their kids to school yesterday and participated in an honors ceremony, looking forward to spending a summer break together. Families mourning the loss of their loved one who lost their life protecting their students.

This trauma will live on with the Uvalde community, just as it has within the El Paso community, Santa Fe, Sandy Hook, and too many more to count.

If you are looking for a way to help, please consider making a donation to a verified relief fund for those affected by the shooting in Robb Elementary School yesterday.

Contribute

In this moment, we must take care of our neighbors, friends, and family. And then, when we are ready, we must ensure Greg Abbott answers for this.

With every failure to support safe storage laws, champion red flag laws, ban AR-15s and AK-47s, and appropriately fund mental health care, Greg Abbott chose to let this happen. Again and again.

We have the power to change this and we will.

Thank you,

Beto for Texas

That’s great. I’m glad you’re here to correct and put it out there. You think I’m against the truth? I do take umbrage at your suggestion I’m spreading disinformation when I’ve simply cited what was on a television news outlet. Is every post in the Tucker Carlson thread spreading disinformation because they fucking quote him? 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I’m not sure what country you live in, but here in America I can walk into any place that sells any of the restricted items you’re referencing and only occasionally will they ask for identification, and it is strictly to make sure you’re of age to purchase. No info is entered into any database anywhere.
Signed, chronic allergy sufferer

Where the fuck do live that you can buy opioids and benzos over the counter? And not all antihistamines are restricted. Just those containing pseudoephedrine. 

Edited by royiv

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

That’s great. I’m glad you’re here to correct and put it out there. You thinK I’m against the truth? I do take umbrage at your suggestion I’m spreading disinformation when I’ve simply cited what was on a television news outlet. Is everyone post in the Tucker Carlson thread spreading disinformation because they fucking quote him? 

I think you have an agenda because you disagree with Beto's actions today. You've literally posted dozens of times about it in this thread. We get it, you think it was a dumb move.

Beto’s campaign sends multiple fundraising emails a day. I have six emails in my junk folder from Monday to today. I doubt it was timed to his action, and even if it was, I just don’t care.

Everything is politicized in this country. Many in this country gleefully politicize far lesser things like the tyranny of masks during a respiratory virus pandemic, made up racial grievances, and where people pee. People who talked about the psychological damage done to children by wearing masks turn around and, with a straight face, proceed to talk about “hardening schools,” arming teachers, etc. The idea that advocating to restrict guns in the wake of yet another mass murder of children is a bridge too far is laughable given that context.

If being angry about the situation and wanting something done is out of line, that simply reflects poorly on the electorate and society.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Where the fuck do you've that you can buy opioids and benzos over the counter? And not all antihistamines are restricted. Just those containing pseudoephedrine. 

I was referring to the Sudafed and it’s ilk comment. But a quick google reveals that some states do actually have a registry for that stuff so I’ll retract my statement. Nonetheless, I’ve never heard of anyone being denied a purchase because they had exceeded their alottment for the month. Probably due in large part to the fact that the majority of meth is produced outside of the country

It's sad but my kids school is set up to protect against this. You can't get in except through the front office and the office has bulletproof glass. How fucked up is it that we need that.

All the classes have a shared restroom that are active shooter shelters as well. Makes me so sad this is actually needed in schools

This is the answer: harden the schools. Guns are never going away in this country.

It doesn’t matter how sad or fucked up it is, it’s the only practical solution. And it’s a helluva lot less sad and fucked up than dead kids.
  • Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, royiv said:

I think you have an agenda because you disagree with Beto's actions today. You've literally posted dozens of times about it in this thread. We get it, you think it was a dumb move.

My only agenda is I’m sick nothing being done and get irritated at ineffectual democrats. I posted dozens of times today because I’ve been hungover and unproductive all day because my wife l and I got shit canned last night after we put down our son because we are depressed as fuck and scared for our son. 

That’s my “Agenda.” But yeah, I think we’re all clear in where we stand. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Beto’s campaign sends multiple fundraising emails a day. I have six emails in my junk folder from Monday to today. I doubt it was timed to his action, and even if it was, I just don’t care.

Everything is politicized in this country. Many in this country gleefully politicize far lesser things like the tyranny of masks during a respiratory virus pandemic, made up racial grievances, and where people pee. People who talked about the psychological damage done to children by wearing masks turn around and, with a straight face, proceed to talk about “hardening schools,” arming teachers, etc. The idea that advocating to restrict guns in the wake of yet another mass murder of children is a bridge too far is laughable given that context.

If being angry about the situation and wanting something done is out of line, that simply reflects poorly on the electorate and society.

Quoting myself like a douche because bc I can’t edit, neither of the two emails I received were fundraising emails from Beto’s campaign.

One, in the 11am hour, was the note/letter posted above. Not fundraising email, no donation links. One was asking for contributions… to verified relief funds for the victims’ families and community.

Disgusting indeed.

8 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I was referring to the Sudafed and it’s ilk comment. But a quick google reveals that some states do actually have a registry for that stuff so I’ll retract my statement. Nonetheless, I’ve never heard of anyone being denied a purchase because they had exceeded their alottment for the month. Probably due in large part to the fact that the majority of meth is produced outside of the country

If they aren't tracking these three they are going to be visited by the DEA. 

"Does the requirements of this law affect combination products, or just products that contain pure pseudoephedrine? 

The requirements of this law will affect all products that contain ingredients pseudoephedrine, phenylpropanolamine, and ephedrine."

Does this mean I need a prescription from my doctor to buy pseudoephedrine?

No.  The Act allows for the sale of pseudoephedrine only from locked cabinets or behind the counter.  The law:

• limits the monthly amount any individual could purchase
  • requires individuals to present photo identification to purchase such medications
  • requires retailers to keep personal information about these customers for at least two years after the purchase of these medicines.

When will this law take effect?

This law becomes effective September 30, 2006.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/information-drug-class/legal-requirements-sale-and-purchase-drug-products-containing-pseudoephedrine-ephedrine-and

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I have been a R the majority of my voting life.  They get fucking dirty and are ruthless when it comes to getting their W's.  Maybe ole Beto is finally realizing that playing all cute and by the rules isn't gonna get a fucking thing done.  

Who gives a fuck dirt bugler

• Fuck You 9