The University of Texas @ Omaha, Session #38 Official Thread

TrashMaster G

1 minute ago, NorthLoop said:

Welp. See you guys (well some of you... some of you losers only showed up a week ago) next year. 

I'll be rooting for ND and Stanford from here on out. 

The most painful thing about today is agreeing with NorthLoop.  jesus fucking christ.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Fuck it, we are not aggy. I know it will suck for those who work with them this week, but dammit, we have more National Championships in Omaha than they have wins. 

This. We've lost to aggy before, but we'll live, we beat 'em a lot more than we lose to 'em. We'll be back.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, NorthLoop said:

Welp. See you guys (well some of you... some of you losers only showed up a week ago) next year. 

I'll be rooting for ND and Stanford from here on out. 

Yep. Gonna go ahead and log off the baseball board for a bit so the sandy vaginas can do their thing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

had a pretty good bracket and pissed it away.  Not to mention full of rivals.  not unexpected. this lineup tended to disappear all year 3 runs, 4 runs, then 10 runs, 9 runs, then 2 runs.  

Pierce is gonna need to up his game seriously on the pitching end.  Sean Allen needs to be evaluated heavily.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

New standard for a successful UT baseball season: Make it to Omaha & play in at least one game decided by 3 runs or less. That’s all I ask.

Last year, we were pretty competitive, and played close without these wide separations in final scores.  Last year we had b3tter pitching and hitting not as good as this year….tells me, pitching and defense is more important than hitting.

Just now, Cairn Horn88 said:

Last year, we were pretty competitive, and played close without these wide separations in final scores.  Last year we had b3tter pitching and hitting not as good as this year….tells me, pitching and defense is more important than hitting.

Always has been. Always will be.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

well yeah since forever.  we don't have swing and miss shut down arms. not one.  that is the entire problem.  hitting isn't gonna show up every game.

our D was great overall(minus some WTF from Silas on passed balls sometimes)

Pierce needs to fix the pitching one way or another.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, wood said:

This. We've lost to aggy before, but we'll live, we beat 'em a lot more than we lose to 'em. We'll be back.

yeah sure but the one time we get them in Omaha we shit the bed.  it sucks ass.  Pierce needs to do work in the portal on pitching.  

Damned fine season Horns, all things considered.

On to next season.

Pierce, get some arms and look deep within on how your staff is bringing them along.  Some things need to change.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

We would get knocked out by those fucking knobs. Now I get to listen to my idiot Aggy AND blowU coworkers talk shit tomorrow 

I can't hear you with my 6 national championship trophies surrounding me.

• Hook 'Em 1

They play scared more times than not, not just this season. They defend against a mistake instead of just balling. Feels like Mack Brown coaches our baseball team. 

Funny u say that cause a buddy of mine has been telling me this for some time. Says team is in omaha in spite of pierce not because of him. Just scares you to death
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Damned fine season Horns, all things considered.

On to next season.

Pierce, get some arms and look deep within on how your staff is bringing them along.  Some things need to change.

agreed.  we will see about Pierce's self evaluation skills.  There are some damn good pitching coaches opposing us.

4 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Pierce is one miraculous Witt outing from being 0-6 in Omaha. This team should be remembered for so much, but will be rightfully reduced to the gutless finish. At least 2018 can be justified by the stacked path we had in Omaha 

Pierce is a Will Bednar miracle performance from being a national champion in 2021. See how that works? Stop complaining about the most successful big 3 coach we currently have and let him break through 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1