The University of Texas @ Omaha, Session #38 Official Thread

TrashMaster G

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

We’ll kick their ass routinely soon enough 

Unfortunately for Pierce he has only played in one off games, most of which have been in the mid week.

A&M is going to be a different animal with Schloss so it will be nice to be back to playing a 3 game series in a couple of years

This was a very unfulfilling season in just about every way imaginable except for Ivan. And his going 1 for whatever since the ECU rain delay and look silly in the CWS takes some luster off of that.

And really not sure we have much reason to expect anything out of next year…except just hoping to catch lightning in a bottle somewhere somehow.

Have a nice rest of the summer amigos.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

Unfortunately for Pierce he has only played in one off games, most of which have been in the mid week.

A&M is going to be a different animal with Schloss so it will be nice to be back to playing a 3 game series in a couple of years

Yeah getting them on the weekends is gonna make a world of difference. Pierce has gotten us to reloading status

Just now, texastroubadour said:

Ditto asshole

I’ve been here all year adding legit commentary. What have you done again?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

When are we going to go to computer umpires? Don't we have the technology to end this bullshit

They're working on it in the minors and other lower level leagues. Not ready yet, but it's just a matter of time.

Just now, MirrOlure said:

This was a very unfulfilling season in just about every way imaginable except for Ivan. And his going 1 for whatever since the ECU rain delay and look silly in the CWS takes some luster off of that.

And really not sure we have much reason to expect anything out of next year…except just hoping to catch lightning in a bottle somewhere somehow.

We made it to Omaha when everyone thought we were done after the Oklahoma state series. This year has been a success. Unfortunately the ball didn’t bounce our way in Omaha this year. We’ll be back next year and many years after and one of those years the ball will bounce our way 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MirrOlure said:

Same guy that proceeds to call the team gutless pussies…

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

We made it to Omaha when everyone thought we were done after the Oklahoma state series. This year has been a success. Unfortunately the ball didn’t bounce our way in Omaha this year. We’ll be back next year and many years after and one of those years the ball will bounce our way 

more than a ball didn’t bounce our way…

Just now, EZ$ said:

We could just go get 15 new players with success and P5 experience from the portal….

I mean kennedy, Gordon, Campbell, O’Dowd, Daly, morehouse, sthele, Southard, kash, Harrison, duplantier and LBJ is a good nucleus to build around. We’re probably getting Skenes and we have a badass recruiting class coming in. We’ll be back 

46 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I’ve never seen a team who is losing a game be high giving and laughing and having a whole bunch of energy.

the “No fire or emotion” argument is so damn overblown. It’s baseball. It’s a damn grind. If you wear your heart on your sleeve you end up like ECU last weekend.

ECU come back last week was our pinnacle….lucky to get away with that…late flight, shirt week….we just never got our shit together by the time we got to Omaha.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Embarrassing yourself for most of the middle part of the season followed by doing so again in Omaha are not exactly elements of a successful season IMO.

Making it to Omaha is a successful season even if it isn’t the end we wanted.

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I mean kennedy, Gordon, Campbell, O’Dowd, Daly, morehouse, sthele, Southard, kash, Harrison, duplantier and LBJ is a good nucleus to build around. We’re probably getting Skenes and we have a badass recruiting class coming in. We’ll be back 

Did I miss that Skenes was transferring? I’ve seen this said a few times now

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Need to put the nil together for White to replace Ivan. It may be a Longshot but make him say no

At the end of the day it’s another Omaha trip!!!! Might not end the way we want but we made it back to Omaha. . 

im not saying we need to be satisfied but we made it further then a lot of other teams!!! 

Good season Horns!!!! Hook’em 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Making it to Omaha is a successful season even if it isn’t the end we wanted?

Did I miss that Skenes was transferring? I’ve seen this said a few times now

Yeah he’s transferring and I’m assuming we’re going to land him. And we’re definitely going to add a Antico/Messinger type. We’ll be a top 10 team again next year 

Tough way to end the year. Bad time for the bats and arms to fail.

Overall, though, still a good season. Maybe not by "We're Texas" standards, but certainly by any reasonable metric.

And a begrudging hats off to the Irish and Aggies. They kicked our 'Horns' butts, end of story.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Sir Ulrich said:

Need to put the nil together for White to replace Ivan. It may be a Longshot but make him say no

I’m sure there’s some dude from east coast that can fill that void. I trust Pierce and co after how much success we’ve had with transfers 

Of the 8 teams in the field we were 1st in batting average, 4th in pitching, and 1st in fielding percentage. That's a pretty solid recipe for success. Unfortunately, we hit below expectations and our pitching struggled. If MLB went double elimination tourneys rather than best of seven for the LCS and WS, history would be much different. It sucks, but that's baseball. 

Im just glad I don't have to spend any time around aggy. I don't work with any, and I would have to go pretty far down my list of friends/acquaintances before I run into any. But thats by design. Over to the US Open to see if Scottie can right the ship. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1