The University of Texas @ Omaha, Session #38 Official Thread

TrashMaster G

1 minute ago, Guadaloopy said:

I’m a baseball optimist until the final out. Anything can happen.  Though this performance across the board is making it tough to keep that attitude right now.  

Never over in this sport until the final out is made. I’m not liking what we are doing but there’s always a chance

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, WBT said:

Yeah, it's not managing them as in when to make changes and so on.  But I do question the development especially with what we had coming back this year.  There's basically no one you can trust for any kind of consistency.

Let’s actually test this theory about development. 

Guys who came back from last year:

Hodo- Got better

Faltine- Got better

Melendez- Got better

Campbell- Got better

Ardoin- Got better

Gordon- Got better

Southard- Got better

Stehly- Got better

Kennedy- N/A. Hurt and was about the same as previous years when he was healthy

Hansen- About the same

Daly- regressed 

Nixon- regressed

Stevens- up and down

So out of 13 main contributors returning we had about 70% of them improve their game year over year, including several guys take on prominent roles this year who barely sniffed the field last year.

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

Yes, it's called getting a 6-2-3 double play and saving a run. A tactic many baseball teams employ when the don't want to give up another run. 

I'm hoping for your sake you've had a lot to drink today. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Yes, it's called getting a 6-2-3 double play and saving a run. A tactic many baseball teams employ when the don't want to give up another run. 

You don’t do that in a 5 run game though. Also you’re not really aiming for a DP with infield in.

Edited by Helobious

6 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Getting this team to the CWS after Witt went down proves this is one of our better coaching staffs if anything. Not many expected us to be here. 

There were no dominant teams this year outside of Tennessee and we had more returning talent than anyone, even with Witt going down.  2 and Q even without Witt is disappointing.  

Edited by Redneck Mutha

Just now, Redneck Mutha said:

There were no dominant teams this year outside of Tennessee and we had more returning talent than anyone, even with Witt going down.  2 and Q even without Witt is diappointing.  

No shit. But it also isnt in the same universe of “worst staff ever”

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I’m sure corners were in but I don’t agree with bringing the middle infield in. That’s a recipe for a huge inning