Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

5 hours ago, Genco said:

You think it's a pretty big leap to say his motive was to kill Asians, particularly Asian women? I'll go out on that limb.

His motive is to be a piece of shit. The effect of his actions is to ultimately kill minorities. He’s like Charles Manson in a suit. 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Watching Sixteen Candles with our daughter.....and as they introduce the character's name, and the "gong" sound every time he appears....yeah, that was awkward.  "So, you see....back in the 80s, shit was still pretty insensitive, and we really didn't realize it.  We laughed at this at the time, like all of our peers, and now we find it as mortifying as you do.  It's a good example of how times change."

We have had a similar experience with probably over half of the "man, we loved this movie when we were your age!" movies we've shown our kids.  And I really thought we were kind of enlightened folks back then.  Whoops.

AUTOMOBILE??!?!?!?

Sorry, that line will never not be funny.

wait till yall watch crocodile dundee. ooooffff

Oh....we have. It’s actually so anachronistic that it’s a fascinating piece of cultural anthropology. Our kids were old enough to appreciate it for that.

Oh give me a fucking break.

We saw this thumb looking motherfuckers Facebook - ain’t nobody buying this shit.

“His deep ties to the Asian community”....meaning that he’s gotten a few handies from sex trafficking captives himself, ifyaknowwhatimsayin’.

the gong doesn't go off everytime he appears---common misconception.  It goes off whenever somebody says his name.  That's the gag, the sound of his last name.  Even if he's nowhere near the scene, his name alone elicits the gong sound.  The movie tacitly endorses heavy drug use, date rape, alcohol abuse, sexual exploitation, sexism, and borderline incest.  But people only seem to remember the Long Duck Dong thing.  I dunno.

It's the reverse of what's happening this week in Georgia.  Religious fervor, political ideologies, frustration with the Covid-19 virus wreaking havoc on his family, sexual addiction, frustrated anti-social behavior, mental health, etc., etc., etc.  All of it ignoring the underlying fact.  A racist asshole bought some guns in the morning and killed a bunch of Asian women later that day because they were Asian.  Y'all can debate the rest.  If it was the temptations of the sex trade that angered him, I got the names of about 50 strip clubs in Atlanta he could have shot up.  "Well Lobo, he had frequented these massage spas before...so there's precedent."  THAT'S THE FUCKING RUSE YOU FUCKING IDIOTS!  He basically just avoided federal hate crimes prosecution while getting jerked off, he's the smartest racist mass shooter in American in my goddamn opinion.  He now has the perfect cover story.  Now he gets to claim sex addiction, does 10 years in state, and he's back to living life by his mid 30's.  He has the perfect out and as usual, the 'Empowered Stupidity' movement is shrugging their shoulders, "Well, I guess he was just having a bad day...white gun loving christian like him wouldn't do anything racist though."  

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

See ya.

This may sound like of a defense of the guy but it’s not.

He appeared to not understand the gravity of what he was speaking about so he told the truth about what he thought. Which was that he believed a poor white kid was led astray. That’s what he believed and we should actually be glad he told the truth as opposed to a Ted Cruz or hawley lie. As wrong as it was. It helps to hear the truth as awful as it is. 

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

This may sound like of a defense of the guy but it’s not.

He appeared to not understand the gravity of what he was speaking about so he told the truth about what he thought. Which was that he believed a poor white kid was led astray. That’s what he believed and we should actually be glad he told the truth as opposed to a Ted Cruz or hawley lie. As wrong as it was. It helps to hear the truth as awful as it is. 

Maybe go find someone, oh I don't know, one of those people they call editors. Run the statement by them first. Stay on that script.

But, no. Just wing it. You can do it. Tell'em what you really think. That goes over great.

Nobody ever lost a job that way. 

The same attitude that sheriff showed is them same attitude which I have witnessed from white trash mentally ill bums yelling at minorities lately yelling at on the streets. They have been license to do so from the highest levels of the government. Shit rolls downhill. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lobo said:

THAT'S THE FUCKING RUSE YOU FUCKING IDIOTS!  He basically just avoided federal hate crimes prosecution while getting jerked off, he's the smartest racist mass shooter in American in my goddamn opinion.  He now has the perfect cover story. 

It would take a prosecutor lawyer-y person and a dedicated investigation but I would like to know if your earlier assertion regarding him considering this (or being sort of led along in custody to consider this--'you didn't really hate Asian people when you shot up those **checks notes** three spas now did you?') is possible because after the screw up with the DA in Glynn County revealing the Armaud Arbery incident, I believe the Governor signed a hate crimes bill at the state level. Someone likely knew the score.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Edit to add--I'm not holding my breath that a prosecutor lawyer-y person from Georgia is going to get it right.

40 minutes ago, Lobo said:

The movie tacitly endorses heavy drug use, date rape, alcohol abuse, sexual exploitation, sexism, and borderline incest.  But people only seem to remember the Long Duck Dong thing.  I dunno.

Sixteen Candles and the Chicago's North Shore Suburban genre had a long run in the American psyche.  Satiric truth telling meant to spotlight room for progress in the human experience. Linklater fits into the genre with Dazed and Confused

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

He basically just avoided federal hate crimes prosecution while getting jerked off, he's the smartest racist mass shooter in American in my goddamn opinion.  He now has the perfect cover story.  Now he gets to claim sex addiction, does 10 years in state, and he's back to living life by his mid 30's.  He has the perfect out and as usual, the 'Empowered Stupidity' movement is shrugging their shoulders, "Well, I guess he was just having a bad day...white gun loving christian like him wouldn't do anything racist though."  

This dudes getting the needle. It matters to us for debate of why he did it; it will not matter for his fate. 

5 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

I'm not sure why whether it's funny or not matters in this discussion. I'm not defending its value as comedy. But its use largely stems from a local news prank years ago, referenced upthread. 

As an aside, a hookup of mine once jokingly introduced herself as Ivanna Suckuoff when I came over to get a beej. In retrospect I guess this wasn't just a dumb joke, what she was really saying is that Russians are an inferior people. 

Only your mom knows for sure.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

the gong doesn't go off everytime he appears---common misconception.  It goes off whenever somebody says his name.  That's the gag, the sound of his last name.  Even if he's nowhere near the scene, his name alone elicits the gong sound.  The movie tacitly endorses heavy drug use, date rape, alcohol abuse, sexual exploitation, sexism, and borderline incest.  But people only seem to remember the Long Duck Dong thing.  I dunno.

Plus it endorses cutting a woman's hair against her wishes and canine cologne.

This silly sidetrack reminds me of something that pissed me off today.  I listen to a Jew podcast.  Commentary Podcast.  These guys basically start the podcast and mention of the murders by going straight to bitching about the Harvard admissions scandal and how Asians are discriminated against in admissions.  As if to -- fuck, as if to I don't know what the fuck they were getting at.

The admissions of Jews and Asians in select schools has been an issue for the last 30 years and it will remain so.  The idea that this particular issue somehow reflects the same discriminatory animus that led to the murders is insane.

Anyway, fuck those guys.

6 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Ok, can you explain why “Ho Lee Fuk” might be funny.  Pretend you are explaining this to someone who knows English curse words but has never heard an East Asian name or heard East Asians speak.  Why is it funny? Because it’s misspelled? 

I can't explain that but I can explain why Ho Ree Fuk is funnier.

Anyone still pushing the “Maybe he just wanted to kill women and their race was incidental” bullshittery can just stop.

Georgia’s population is 3% Asian.

Cherokee County, Georgia’s population is 2% Asian.

SIX of his eight victims were Asian. 75%.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

So, to get this clear, you wanted to hear what Asian people thought on the topic and were willing to retire it. Several Asian people told you, and now it’s “nope, gonna double down.” 

Look, I get this. I’ve watched John Hughes movies, too and liked them. A lot of people thought the prank was funny. No one wants to think about themselves as someone who laughs at racist shit. No one likes to think of movies they enjoyed as being racist.

Its OK to move on. It’s OK to admit, “that was some racist shit we used to think was funny. Glad that’s not coming out of Hollywood anymore.”

+1 as another AA surly poster. But I'd venture to guess all of us in this thread have gotten it our entire lives that we barely think about it. Everything YChang hit on earlier is almost universal for my social circle. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The irony of Captain Jay Baker residing in Canton....Georgia is just too....on brand. It really is named after Canton (Guangzhou) in China because the citizens way back when hoped to be a silk center like the aforementioned town. (The area itself was home to the Cherokee before they were 'removed.')

General Sherman didn't quite get the job done when his troops burned it in 1864 I suppose.
[mention=660]Degenerate Gardner[/mention] I'm getting a blank screen under your spoiler. Is it a tweet?

Hey, fuck you

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Anyone still pushing the “Maybe he just wanted to kill women and their race was incidental” bullshittery can just stop.

Georgia’s population is 3% Asian.

Cherokee County, Georgia’s population is 2% Asian.

SIX of his eight victims were Asian. 75%.

What’s the demographic makeup of sex spa workers in Georgia? In Texas it’s 90+% Asian. If his goal was to kill rub-n-tug workers they were going to be mostly Asian women. 

Of course the converse is if he were specifically looking for Asian women to kill, a sex spa is a good place to go. It’s a horrible event and I hope he never sees the outside of a prison

• Hook 'Em 1

FWIW, as the investigation continues, here is a thread by a someone with experience with researching compulsive behaviors. It's a somewhat long thread so I just posted the start. His account has many links and resources if you're interested. A lot of tie-in with the religion aspect that many of you have mentioned.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

For @fattyflattie:

Shooting in New Orleans a month ago in a gun store: https://www.wdsu.com/article/jpso-investigating-shooting-involving-multiple-deaths-in-metairie-1613939212/35578224

https://www.fox8live.com/2021/02/22/there-was-no-argument-before-suspect-opened-fire-metairie-gun-range-sheriff-says/

Not really active, at the time or now obviously, be he really wants to discuss it. Seems like an idiot got hot and bothered because someone told him what to do (remove ammo from gun). The latter article provides more details than I had seen before, and given how rapidly the event unfolded,  I suppose it is possible that this was race related and he wanted to kill some crackers. Which raises an interesting question: are we going to start seeing a rise in backlash hate-crimes against whites given the current climate? I don't think it is a bad question to ask, though I'm not aware of any evidence of it being a problem. 

17 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

So he sang right thru the N bomb and right as it played, it was slow motion “oooooohhhhhh shiiiiiiit” from me.  Not knowing that word exists, it never even phased them.

They will pipe it out sometime in public thanks to their childlike recording device brains.

19 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

They will pipe it out sometime in public thanks to their childlike recording device brains.

God lets hope not.  They’ve only embarrassed me once in a similar fashion.  We were shopping for makeup for wife for Christmas and a transgender woman((?) sorry not up to nomenclature but bio male identifies as woman)) confused the shit out of my 4 yo.   

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Maybe I’m naive but these ages don’t seem to jibe with “sex workers”.

You are naive. When I'd cover stories about Asian sex spas I was always stunned at the age of the women. 

Same goes for those Korean clip joint bars. The youngest dancing girls seem about 50 and the owner would be pushing 70. Apparently some men are really into handies from meemaws. 

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

You are naive. When I'd cover stories about Asian sex spas I was always stunned at the age of the women. 

Same goes for those Korean clip joint bars. The youngest dancing girls seem about 50 and the owner would be pushing 70. Apparently some men are really into handies from meemaws. 

Apparently that fellow in San Fransisco is really into facials cause that 76 year old grandmother that whacked him upside the head after he hit her is going to have quite the complexion.

9 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

For @fattyflattie:

Shooting in New Orleans a month ago in a gun store: https://www.wdsu.com/article/jpso-investigating-shooting-involving-multiple-deaths-in-metairie-1613939212/35578224

https://www.fox8live.com/2021/02/22/there-was-no-argument-before-suspect-opened-fire-metairie-gun-range-sheriff-says/

Not really active, at the time or now obviously, be he really wants to discuss it. Seems like an idiot got hot and bothered because someone told him what to do (remove ammo from gun). The latter article provides more details than I had seen before, and given how rapidly the event unfolded,  I suppose it is possible that this was race related and he wanted to kill some crackers. Which raises an interesting question: are we going to start seeing a rise in backlash hate-crimes against whites given the current climate? I don't think it is a bad question to ask, though I'm not aware of any evidence of it being a problem. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Yeah you were just doing your job eh? Good cover story. Not that you ever went there I’m sure...😄

Edited by JimmyJames

26 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

That wasn't what I saw...A friend and I went in a Korean bar on Telephone Road one time and there were dudes in there in their 20s. (Happy Go Lucky Club -- it's still there. Worth going in just to see what it's all about in those kinds of places.)

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread