Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

But Long did take responsibility for the shootings, Capt. Jay Baker with the Cherokee sheriff’s office said Wednesday. Long, according to Baker, said the massage parlors represented a “temptation he wanted to eliminate.”

“Yesterday was a really bad day for him and this is what he did,” Baker said at a joint news conference with the Atlanta Police Department.

frustrated larry bird GIF by SB Nation

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Cops publicly downplaying crimes by white guys will somehow never cease to amaze me. 

Yeah, that was very low key energy by the two officials considering how many people were shot, that Long had to be apprehended and I don't believe it was stated whether he was off to do more after those three locations. Have they stated how many weapons he had? How much ammunition?

this young man is not as stupid as I thought.  He's playing a pretty smart long-game with the Georgia cops.  Not that it's hard to outsmart that pack of mensa rejects.  

Hates Asians, blames them for Covid-19, publishes it all over the internet.  Loves guns and wants to do something to avenge the pandemic in his country.  Also, in an unrelated story...having a real hard time getting laid.  Starts hitting up massage parlors to establish a pattern that will one day be used to demonstrate sex addiction.  Sex addiction has been used as a viable defense by white dudes I know to get them out of everything from alimony to drug crimes to assault.  Goes around on a murdering spree to the same places he frequented under the cover of "God was disappointed with me, I was having a really bad day.  And I had to end this cycle of addiction."  Meanwhile, 8+ Asian Americans are brutally murdered across the region.  Probably more were in his sights.  And he remains alive and well to prop up the fable.  If he gets away with it, it'll be pretty damn genius on his part.  Because right now, the alt.right demographic and law enforcement are eating it up with a spoon.  

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Cops publicly downplaying crimes by white guys will somehow never cease to amaze me. 

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Yeah, that was very low key energy by the two officials considering how many people were shot, that Long had to be apprehended and I don't believe it was stated whether he was off to do more after those three locations. Have they stated how many weapons he had? How much ammunition?

yeah, they rammed his car off the road, but then arrested him without incident?

also, in the daily mail (i know, i know) story i saw this:

The gunman bought his 9mm handgun hours before the rampage. He was on his way to Florida to carry out more attacks when he was caught. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9369859/Four-people-shot-dead-two-spas-Atlanta-hours-three-killed-massage-parlor.html

watch out 2nd amendment people. eventually this type of shit is going to catch up to us gun owners and enthusiasts.

10 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

So, he felt guilty about his addiction to getting tug jobs from sex workers, but he doesn’t feel guilty about mass murder?  That’s an interesting interpretation of Scripture.

Fire and brimstone, indeed.  

When you are raised (I'm going with a over-simplified quasi Southern Baptist dogma here) to believe that women only exist to submit and serve your (male) needs (from sex to bearing children to feeding you), there is a lot to unpack that comes with that. It seems simple (on the surface) of a practitioner if that were how things were/are and should be then life would be so much easier. But it actually leads to really poor outcomes for the human race in general. The rest of that discussion would be better for another thread so I'll stop there.

Lobo's idea is intriguing.  A little alarming if that were to be so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

When you are raised (I'm going with a over-simplified quasi Southern Baptist dogma here) to believe that women only exist to submit and serve your (male) needs (from sex to bearing children to feeding you), there is a lot to unpack that comes with that. It seems simple (on the surface) of a practitioner if that were how things were/are and should be then life would be so much easier. But it actually leads to really poor outcomes for the human race in general. The rest of that discussion would be better for another thread so I'll stop there.

Lobo's idea is intriguing.  A little alarming if that were to be so.

How about this: seems like it's boiling down to one of two possible motives being in play.

Each one of those motives is utterly fucked up.  Either a racist POS, or a sexually repressed victim of fundamentalist brainwashing.  Or maybe a nice blend of the two.  Who knows?

So, in conclusion, he is clearly Antifa, and this is a false flag conducted at the direction of George Soros.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Or maybe a nice blend of the two.  Who knows?

Yes.

Also, what she says and the belief that women are both sexualized (and the religious madonna/harlot complex) and to be submissive in general to men as king. Divine right handed down by birth to males, but white males over all. The manifest destiny of the white American male throughout the nation feels threatened and that will not go unpunished. Hence: black Americans attending church, Hispanic Americans shopping in El Paso, Asian Americans working in Atlanta.

3 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

and a tasty buzz

tasty waves and cool buzz

cmon people

sidenote: I just bought that colt 45 tshirt last week

OK, carry on with the gun-toting bible quoting moron story

Edited by jw4381
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

watch out 2nd amendment people. eventually this type of shit is going to catch up to us gun owners and enthusiasts.

Not to derail the thread completely, but holy shit this. The total inaction with regard to guns, even the most basic and highest supported, over the past 25 years is going to lead to a hell of a crackdown when millennials and gen z run the show. There are entire generations that have just watched the people in charge not give a fuck.

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Not to derail the thread completely, but holy shit this. The total inaction with regard to guns, even the most basic and highest supported, over the past 25 years is going to lead to a hell of a crackdown when millennials and gen z run the show. There are entire generations that have just watched the people in charge not give a fuck.

DING DING DING.

My kids (gen Z) are both gun owners and regular shooters.  Have been since they were little.  And they both STRONGLY favor additional gun control measures.  They are not alone.  Far from it.  And it is absolutely being driven by watching the positions the "second amendment" groups -- particularly including the NRA -- have taken during their lifetime.

A guy decided he wanted to murder some asian bitches because they gave him too many boners and impure thoughts.  So he just waltzed in, bought a very effective murder weapon, and did the deed.  If you think that young people aren't watching this utterly lax approach to weapons suited for killing a good number of people and thinking "that's fucked up," you'd be really, really wrong.

22 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

his parents should be shamed for raising a monster.

Tap the brakes.

No reason to shame the parents without additional detail that speaks to their role. Decent people who try as parents can raise monsters. Mob bullying can’t help in that case.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Tap the breaks.

No reason to shame the parents without additional detail that speaks to their role. Decent people who try as parents can raise monsters. Mob bullying can’t help in that case.

Counterpoint:  his dad is a Baptist preacher   er, sorry, youth minister... 6 of 1, yada, yada yada

Edited by DigglerontheHoof
yada

It's amazing how many people on my Instagram (mostly white women) are crying out about this when 157 people were murdered in Atlanta last year (wouldn't need to go out on a limb to assume a hefty majority of those were black victims) and yet everyone just treats that as business as usual. 

These are the same people that post about BLM and Breonna Taylor and what not. Do you actually care about black people, or do you just enjoy convenient, prepackaged news stories that give you a platform for preening, virtue-signaling outrage? 

It always makes me think of the joker monologue in The Dark Knight where he talks about nobody panicking when things go according to plan - even when the plan is horrifying. Dozens of people get shot and killed in that city last year and no one bats an eye because it's what happens in those communities. Eight people of Asian descent get shot and killed out of the blue and it's a national news story and you have to run to post about how scared it makes some Asian friend of yours. 

Yeah, I'm an asshole. And I really have no political slant here. Mass shootings are terrible and senseless. So is cops murdering innocent civilians. I just hate how full of shit some people are. 

4 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Counterpoint:  his dad is a Baptist preacher

When John Lithgow's son died in a car accident while driving under the influence of alcohol after a night of dancing, his daughter fucked Kevin Bacon and helped choreograph a dance in a barn. She didn't kill a bunch of dancers.

Edited by Dr. Teeth
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

It's amazing how many people on my Instagram (mostly white women) are crying out about this when 157 people were murdered in Atlanta last year (wouldn't need to go out on a limb to assume a hefty majority of those were black victims) and yet everyone just treats that as business as usual. 

These are the same people that post about BLM and Breonna Taylor and what not. Do you actually care about black people, or do you just enjoy convenient, prepackaged news stories that give you a platform for preening, virtue-signaling outrage? 

It always makes me think of the joker monologue in The Dark Knight where he talks about nobody panicking when things go according to plan - even when the plan is horrifying. Dozens of people get shot and killed in that city last year and no one bats an eye because it's what happens in those communities. Eight people of Asian descent get shot and killed out of the blue and it's a national news story and you have to run to post about how scared it makes some Asian friend of yours. 

Yeah, I'm an asshole. And I really have no political slant here. Mass shootings are terrible and senseless. So is cops murdering innocent civilians. I just hate how full of shit some people are. 

You don't think if he'd gone and killed 8 black people in a similar manner/time frame it wouldn't make national news?

2 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

You don't think if he'd gone and killed 8 black people in a similar manner/time frame it wouldn't make national news?

Of course it would. Because he's white. 

Did this make national news?

https://www.cbs46.com/news/multiple-people-shot-5-dead-following-deadly-holiday-weekend/article_8b6c9112-bee6-11ea-9b0a-2b617ce7d49a.html

Edited by ztejas
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

He doesn't have to be white. They don't have to be black or Asian. One race killing another race gets more media attention any way you slice it. 

If a heavily armed black man calmly walked from business to business killing 8 white women at point-blank and telling people he was going to "kill white women", your position is that it wouldn't receive a lot of media coverage?

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Did you, at any point that you were typing this, think "hmmm, maybe I shouldn't"? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Foosters said:

If a heavily armed black man calmly walked from business to business killing 8 white women at point-blank and telling people he was going to "kill white women", your position is that it wouldn't receive a lot of media coverage?

No. Can you read?

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Yes it did actually.

It's besides the point anyway. I was commenting on what I see people post on social media and what generates outcry and what doesn't.

Anyway - I'm not engaging in a bunch of predictable, detracting side arguments that I've heard a billion times. Y'all can have your thread. 

Maybe don't get your news on social media.  

If you're not actively reading CNN, Washington Post, New York Times, Bloomberg, FoxNews, the local Texas paper, Texas Tribune, National Review/Weekly Standard, the Atlantic, and Reason.  Well then, as Tony Soprano used to say, "You're entitled to shit."  Being an adult in this country takes time out of your day.  It ain't easy, but it's the bare minimum requirement.

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread